Here is Mirumoto Takumi, a relatively young Dragon Swordsmith and Duelist, whose wayward nature got him partially 'exiled' from the clan.
School: Mirumoto Rank 2
Void Points: 2
Skills: Mirumoto School Rank 2
Defense: 3 Way of the Dragon
Iaijutsu: 2 The Calm In Midst of The Thunder
Kenjutsu (Katana): 5
Lore: Shugenja 2
Lore: Bushido 1
Lore: Rokugani Geography 2
Craft: Weaponsmithing 3
Perform: Storytelling 3
Balance (2) Bad Fortune: Unknown Enemy (-3)
Benten's Blessing (3) Infamous (-2)
Crab Hands (2) Lecher (-2)
Dangerous Beauty (3)
Darling of the Scorpion Court (2)
Sacred Weapon: Twin Sister Blades (3)
Kata: STRENGTH OF THE DRAGON (Ring/Mastery: Fire 3 Schools: Any Dragon bushi Effect: While wielding a katana in your main hand and a wakizashi in your off hand,you gain a +3 bonus to your Armor TN)
Glory: 1.5 XP Spent: Oodles
Honour: 4.5 Insight: 150
Twin Sister Blades (Identically length Daisho, they just LOOK the same length-ish, there's no rules changes), Light Armour (TN 5), Sturdy Clothes, Bow w/Quiver 20 arrows, Traveling Pack, 2 Koku, Several Pillow Books (detailing the true escapades of his direct ancestor),
Travelling pack contains:
Blacksmith's Hammer, Bottle of Sake, Chopsticks, Coin Purse, Ink Brush Kit, Metal Kitsune Mask, Set of Dice, Spare Kimono and Sandals, Travelling Cloak, Wide Brim Hat
The twenty Questions:
4. Wickedly good looking with an 'evil' smile.
5. Perfecting the blade, whether by craft or use.
6. He trusts only in himself. This is not to say that he can't make friends, it's just at the end of the day, the only one who can get him out of whatever situation that he's in, is himself. Oshiro taught that self-reliance is as important as duty to others can be.
7. His strength is Balance in all things, as is his weakness. He doesn't seem to excel at anything, but neither do he seem lacking.
8. Bushido is but one code to follow.
9. Proud of the Dragon Clan, although he wishes their reputation for inscrutability wasn't so well earned.
10. He is not married, likely due to a certain incident.
11. He tends to be overly tolerant to anything not of the Shadowlands or Hell.
12. A select few inside his clan, so far.
13. His favourite thing is simplicity, whether in a moment, in a blade or other facet of life. His least favourite is noisy crowds.
14. No real mannerisms, which is unique in itself, he has no visible habits.
15. Unlike most Bushi, he enjoys expressing himself in moderation, he has an infectious laugh, and generally has a genuine smile for everyone he meets.
16. He will always try to forgive and correct any errant behaviour. It's easier to fix than replace.
17. His parents would describe him as quiet, kind and odd. They fully expected him to be a Shugenja, and then there was that incident...
18. His highest ambition is to be the greatest swordsman ever.
19. He's not very religious, preferring to trust in himself over the vagaries of fate.
20. He will die alone, but after his seven breaths. Or so he believes.
He was born to a humble family of Dragon swordsmiths, and seemed have an incredible talent for speaking to the spirits in the forge. As such his parents suggested that he go to the Tamori Clan for instruction to become a Shugenja. No one realized that he didn't speak to them, they spoke to him. So when they discovered he had no talent for it, they were at a loss as to what to do next. But then Master Oshiro saw something in him and they were happy, despite the old Bushi's noted eccentric teaching methods. Gen (as he was known then) was ever the dutiful son, and only wanted to have his parents approval, and so he joined the old man on his trips to various sights of Rokugan.
Despite hearing some rumours of some of the more 'unique' adventures they may have had, they were happy to see that Takumi growing to be a skill and worldly swordsman. They didn't realize how worldly until the recent incident involving the Dragonfly Princess, her Tsuruchi Samurai-ko Yojimbo, two bokken, some whip cream and an orange.
When they gave him the name of a famous ancestor on his Gempuku, whose 'adventures' were detailed in several series of racy pillow books, they did not expect him to live up (down) to his example. Although the original Mirumoto Takumi was skilled with the Katana, this was not how he is remembered.
Fortunately, instead of having to commit Seppaku, various forces (namely the women involved) conspired to get him exiled from the clan, for at least a little while. He was assigned to be a Yojimbo and Shugesha (student of the sword), and sent to the Crane court for the winter, hoping for him to learn a bit more of etiquette. Either that, or scandalize the Crane into silence...
However, it would seem he annoyed someone, for there have been little incidents, attempts on his life. A rock here, an errant arrow there, a dropped Bonsai tree, something potentially dangerous, but nothing overt, all little accidents that could happen to anyone.