This is not a completely written out concept. If enough people show interest, Iíll flesh it out and present it in more detail for the game/ooc threads.
Samuel Hastings is a media giant. The owner of 2 publishing houses, several large newspapers and radio stations, heís a moving force in the businessÖ and heís the cause of your own ruin.
When you receive a telegram inviting you to a gathering at his vacation home and strongly urged to attend, you start thinking that maybe itís time to even the scales; an opportunity to confront the man who destroyed everything that you worked for. Can you really refuse the chance?
But, suddenly, youíre stuck out on a lush tropical island, cut off from land and thereís a murder in your mist! Hastings is dead and if you donít discover who the murder isÖ you may be next! Who can you trust? Who do you suspect?
In the finest traditions of such amateur detectives as Perry Mason, Sherlock Holmes, Jim Rockford, Columbo and Agatha cristie, your character must find the clues, put it all together and learn the truth behind the murder of your most hated foe. Youíll have to figure out who you can trust and who you canít as each character will have information that others may not and some vital piece of the puzzle could be in the hands of another.
How clues are discovered and information gathered will depend on what and how your character does things, how you decide to investigate the crime; remember that the closer you get, the more dangerous things could get if you confide in the wrong personÖ the murderer!
A few things to keep in mind:
1. All of the characters have been wronged by the victim in some significant way. How that is up to you, but it must make sense and be a motive for wanting Hastings dead.
2. The killer WILL be one of the characters played by the participants
3. What your character knows or learns is entirely dependent on what he or she does in play. This means how he/she looks for things, interacts with others and puts things together. There WILL be false clues and leads so itís up to you to figure out who did it.
4. Both PCís and NPCís may have information, but they may also be helping the killer, if not the killer themselves.
5. To keep things interesting and moving, a lot of information will be conveyed via PM and itís up to the players to decide what to share with characters and what not to. If you want your character to be the one to break the caseÖ or even surviveÖ you will have to help each other. I will ask that anyone interested be able to post at least twice a week.
6. To make things a little different, this will be a period setting. The spring of 1934, but Iím not going to be overly critical on accuracy of the setting.