You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 04:41:39 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Resizing a GIF for avatar size...  (Read 305 times)

Offline JagerinTopic starter

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
Resizing a GIF for avatar size...
« on: July 05, 2012, 05:21:53 PM »
Usually I don't have trouble resizing my gifs, but this one keeps coming out all grainy and I don't like that. I usually use GIFmagic to resize/crop my gifs, but it's just not working out for this one. I do not know how to use GIMP or photoshop or anything like that. Photobucket fails me with it. So yeah, I need someone to make this gif avatar size for me.

Please? GIFmagic is making it all warped and grainy. I can usually tolerate a little bit of that, but this time it's pretty bad.

Offline yasarra

Re: Resizing a GIF for avatar size...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »
Have you tried irfanview?  It's very easy to use and absolutely free.  Open the image with irfanview, click on image, select resize and enter the dimensions and select the unit of measure or a percentage of the original image size and hit apply.  Undoing it is as easy as clicking edit and undo.  Just don't forget to save when you have it where you want it.

I apologize.  It doesn't seem to work in that program with moving images.  But for ordinary ones, it works fine.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:38:21 PM by yasarra »

Offline SaturnCeleste

• Sassy Steampunk Seer
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: And I've bathed in Earl Grey--I'm really that keen!
  • I've been around the world in eighty brews
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Resizing a GIF for avatar size...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 07:54:14 AM »
Michi No Sora, it looks like you got it working!  What program did you end up using?  I am an Irfan user myself but resizing gifs like yasarra said is another story!