You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:37:50 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Post Apocalyptic idea  (Read 562 times)

Offline BelisuaviousTopic starter

Post Apocalyptic idea
« on: June 29, 2012, 12:13:59 AM »
So I had this idea for a role play. Exciting, right? Want to hear it? Well then just keep reading.

As the title so cleverly suggested, this RP would be set in a post apocalyptic world. What caused the apocalypse? Doesn't matter, it's long done. Where we are, or rather when we are, is about 200 years later. Humanity has crawled back from whatever caused the near total collapse. Current society is some sort of Neo-fuedal idea, where the rulers may not call themselves kings, but the setup is almost identical. There are a few other setups scattered around, but Kingdoms are the most common society.

Guns and most tech has been ground down. What guns that still work are running out of ammunition, since the knowledge has passed from the world, as books made good kindling and people made good eating for some. The few that are left are hoarded for emergencies or to show off personal wealth. There are rumors of a magical place where ammo is made, but it is usually some cock and bull story made up to get attention.

So basic idea is a role play set in the future but with the tech of ancient/medieval civilizations.

Offline who149

Re: Post Apocalyptic idea
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »
this is relative to my interest *nods*

Online Jarod1

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 06:52:25 PM »
will follow this for now.  Looks interesting

Offline OldSchoolGamer

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 05:10:23 PM »
How about this:

In a star system about 80ly from Earth (give or take a few parsecs) there is a nasty, reptilian alien race.  Humanoid--not all that dissimilar to us, actually.  Some probes swept by Earth early in the 20th century.  One even crashed near Roswell, NM.  But the other one flashed back data that showed an inhabited planet, with large liquid oceans.

So the aliens used their two-pronged approach to colonization.  They have perfected fusion drive, capable of accelerating small masses (say, the size of Volkswagens to the size of a house) to around 0.8c.  Larger masses (i.e., a colony ship) require so much fuel to accelerate that the best speed practicable is more like 0.4c.

So what they do is this: they send about eight small ships at 0.8c carrying large, high-yield but clean thermonuclear devices with yields of around 250Mt.  They arrive first, detonating high above the atmosphere, sending out a rather potent EMP burst.  A sort of "Civilization-B-Gone" extermination tactic, knocking out any high-energy civilization on the planet to be colonized, yet causing little physical damage (they want a working, inhabitable planet, not a mere cinder of a resource node) beyond flash burns and some scorching and irradiation of vegetation near ground zero for each of the bombs.

Then, a couple centuries later, as the victims are still living in the ruins, perhaps taking the first steps to recovery (like rediscovering electricity), the colony ships arrive, with thousands of colonists and soldiers, to stake out a small area of the planet to build on...and the next stage of conquest begins.

Offline Shadow Hunter

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 06:15:53 PM »
I would be interested in this :)

Offline KaraKres

• High Priestess of the Bridget Regan Sex Slave Cult
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Obsessed with Bridget Regan? Me too!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »
Colour me interested in joining this RP, really like OldSchoolGamer's background as well...it has a Harry Turtledove-esque feel about it.

Offline who149

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »
Is this still going on?

Offline KaraKres

• High Priestess of the Bridget Regan Sex Slave Cult
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Obsessed with Bridget Regan? Me too!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »
I PM'd the originator of the thread to that effect and haven't heard back...I'm still keen to participate...perhaps OldSchoolGamer could pick up the mantle if Jecter is no longer interested?