Art Nerd + Jock +Wilderness [F seeking M]

Started by lore, June 28, 2012, 09:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lore

Hey there!

I like writers with a creative and engaging grasp of English. At the moment, I am in to shorter, paragraph sized posts with an adamant emphasis on quality over quantity. The background blurb is have is negotiable,  but I'd like to pilot the story (ie - be in charge of role-playing the environment/the obstacles I have in mind of throwing at the pair).   

The gist...

A bitter rivalry burns between Ella and Josh, rebellious young intellectual and local athletic hero respectively. Born and raised in the same small town, there was a time when the two were inseparable. This age came to an end once the two neighbors breached their tenth year. It was around this time in their shared history Ella began to say strange things, invoking unfamiliar words that made the other children uncomfortable. Josh on the other hand, had begun to grow into his father's good looks and demonstrate some of the old man's talents on the field. Slowly yet surely a wedge of silence was driven between them. There simply wasn't any room for Ella among Josh's new friends, and quite frankly, even if there was, she would have rather chewed on gravel then share their company. Highschool was lonely and unkind to Ella. She developed a reputation as a weird, antisocial bitch with a habit of producing paintings that put her art teachers on edge. Josh's popularity only continued to skyrocket. And yet despite the two different worlds they had come to occupy, the two had come to be keepers of the other's closest secrets. Josh had heard the wails of grief that tore through the house next door when Ella's mother passed away in her sleep of an freak blood clot. And Ella in turn bore witness to the humiliating and violent Josh suffered at the hands of his father for a less then perfect performance. This unspoken truce between the two was sundered when a smear website built to feature school gossip made mention of the fact her mother's death had been linked to drug abuse - something she believed the bloggers could have only known if Josh had informed them. Ella retaliated by tearing Josh apart during a presentation, asking question which she knew he'd be incapable of answering and humiliating him.

It is now their second year of college and as luck would have it, they boarded the same late night bus heading back to the east coast after their summer at home came to en end. Both wake up to find the bus parked on the edge of a desolate road, the driver and other passengers gone. No food. Ne cell reception. No clue where they are.