You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:11:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Balamb Garden (Final Fantasy VIII) -Please Use Recruitment Thread in First Post-  (Read 11952 times)

Offline Mossberg

Re: Interest Check: Balamb Garden (Final Fantasy VIII)
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2012, 01:44:15 PM »
I'm going to make a slight change to Doomtrain before I post him in the other thread. Just going to change the ethereal wisps into flame tracks like the original.

Offline Latooni Subota

« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2012, 02:05:29 PM »
Sure Hyde, steal my rifle and the GF I only didn't pick because I thought it would be broken/stepping on the GM's toes. I see how it is! *Shakes fist* X3

Offline MzHyde

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »
There's eight pages of stuff! I tried to look at all the profiles I could. Well, they seem like pretty much opposites. It would be fun to play them off one another.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:20:17 PM by MzHyde »

Offline FlorenceTopic starter

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:10 PM »
Well, if Latooni doesn't mind the similarities, then I hereby approve all characters posted so far :U -slams judge gavel-

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »
So, how do we know if our char is approved?  Nothing bad was said after I posted him, but I don't remember Finn ever saying approved.

Offline MzHyde

« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »
If there's a character thread or something can it be put in the first post for easy access?

Offline Mossberg

« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »
So, how do we know if our char is approved?  Nothing bad was said after I posted him, but I don't remember Finn ever saying approved.
Well, if Latooni doesn't mind the similarities, then I hereby approve all characters posted so far :U -slams judge gavel-
There's your answer buddy.

« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2012, 04:15:16 PM »
Added a link to the main, central thread in the first post.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »
Given how many characters there are and that many have known each other for years, can we get a thread for character relationships before going to IC posts?

Offline lore

« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2012, 04:20:42 PM »
we've been touching on that in the ooc thread

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #185 on: June 30, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »
Here and there, and only with a couple of characters.  I just think it would be a waste not to develop that much potential history.

Offline slowmojoe

« Reply #186 on: June 30, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
Hello all, I'm interested in playing if it is not too late.... A place holder for my character, until I finish the full write up:

Name: Connor

Weapon: Tonfa (pair)
Specialization: Defensive Melee

GF Name: Cú Chulainn

Offline Revenent

« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2012, 10:53:35 PM »
Here and there, and only with a couple of characters.  I just think it would be a waste not to develop that much potential history.

I think it might be better to at least leave some of that for after we've started the IC. Planning every single friendship out beforehand tends to make things less fluid

Offline AribethAmkiir

« Reply #188 on: June 30, 2012, 11:11:10 PM »
Given how many characters there are and that many have known each other for years, can we get a thread for character relationships before going to IC posts?

don't you think that's a bit premature considering the game doesn't even have a full roster and recruitment is still open?

Offline lore

« Reply #189 on: June 30, 2012, 11:12:46 PM »
Hello all, I'm interested in playing if it is not too late.... A place holder for my character, until I finish the full write up:

Name: Connor

Weapon: Tonfa (pair)
Specialization: Defensive Melee

GF Name: Cú Chulainn

Woop! another defensive character :) I hope you can make it.

I think it might be better to at least leave some of that for after we've started the IC. Planning every single friendship out beforehand tends to make things less fluid

Too true, but if people have known each other for 10+ years, it can be helpful to snag a best friend and rival, even if all the details aren't worked out.

Edit

Planning rivalries can also help eliminate OOC tension. I tend to like to talk to a writer before deciding my character has a beef with theirs. This might be overly cautious, but you never know.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:16:09 PM by lore »

Online Capone

• No rest for the wicked. Even if I am jollier than the average demon.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Angels in agony are pretty much my slow jams.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #190 on: June 30, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
Depending on the size of Balamb Garden and when people are joining, it might not be that hard to buy into the notion that not everyone knows each other. I know in College I met a lot of new people each year in my classes, with only a handful of recognizable faces semester to semester.

If Balamb is not as huge as a College, then even in high school there were people in my grade level I've never spoken to, let alone knew well.

Offline lore

« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2012, 11:28:47 PM »
For sure. I didn't know the majority of people in my high school class beyond their name, but I still had some I got on with, and others I didn't.

Offline Kineas

*spits out drink* Wh-wha FFVIII?! Are you still open? Oh goodness what kind of character would I play...?

Er, how about, is there a character list thread somewhere to get an idea about the cast? Perhaps I should just read all 8 pages~ >.>'

Online Capone

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls

Offline Kineas

Okay, question: Was the plan still to aquire GFs during the RP? If so is it okay if I post a character sheet application without full GF information yet? I'm having a hard time making a decision. xD

Also, thank you for the link, Capone. :)

Edit: Bwaaah, nevermind, I figured it out. =)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:55:32 AM by Kineas »

I believe we're going to start with them. You can feel free to start without one if you'd like, though, perhaps your character hasn't found one they're compatible with. However, it would put your character at a disadvantage against the other students who do have them.

Online Capone

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
So I went back and read some of the SeeD information, and I had forgotten how a lot of it goes. I forgot that Squall and a couple others already have Guardian Forces before going to tackle Ifrit. Fortunately, Zandelle can still meet Stray as part of the exam. I'll work out a low-level mission that Zandelle would have completed later, probably a recon, as that is the secondary requirement before the field exam.

Zandelle is not going to be much of a spell caster. In Final Fantasy VI the only spells Stray gave were Muddle, Imp and Float, so those are what I'll leave Zandelle with using once he gets a GF.