News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest Check Lithe (Combat/school RP)

Started by Elias, July 13, 2012, 12:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

I have been seriously craving that classic anime concept of a gang/best friends entering a sports/combat themed school thinking they are top dogs getting their asses kicked making allies and moving up the hierchy fighting the best warriors through the school, losing and coming back and kicking ass.

They are also poorly written and I would love for some great Ell writers to help me come up with a great concept and form their own hierchy eventually and make the school, write some great bad ass fight scenes.

Anyway if theres any interest let me know I am also looking for someone to co GM with me.

Mossberg

I might like to kick some butt. Would there be weapons or just hand to hand?
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

Elias

wooden swords or fencing swords if your character goes to school for western styles of combat. Even Archery is alright if you put tips on the end so they dont kill anyone.

azzmeister89

Elias

love seeing some initial interest.  ;D

Elias

Basic Storyline

The world is in a state of constant cold war, three major factions make up 80% of the worlds populace The American Statehood, which makes up all of North and South America, Australia and Japan. The European Union which is all of Europe and parts of Africa and the Eastern Confederation of Nations. Which is China, India and various other smaller nations surrounding those two powers.

In the last 21st century a new technology was discovered that the world referred to as Lithe. Lithe is an artificial compound designed by the military, its said that it has always existed but hidden from the world until it was accidentally unleashed. Now consuming this chemical into ones body as a child creates a genetically enhanced version of ones self and has changed the nature of warfare forever allowing mankind to tap limitless untapped potential.

Those children who have consumed Lithe now known as the GE (Genetically Enhanced) they can rip a tank to pieces with their bare hands, dodge and in some cases even withstand fire from bullets and turn battlefields into graveyards single-handedly.

These children trained from birth are raised by various groups and organizations until they turn 18 they are than sent to specialized schools known as Coliseums. Each nation has 10 of these schools that all compete for best position and in place of war multiple competitions are held to see who is leading in the arms race.

Omega

Omega is the The American Statehoods second ranked school. Located somewhere on the West Coast it pulls from all forms of combat while still training in basic academics.

The Hierarchy is broken down as such:

Chairman (Said to be one of the first children to consume Lithe, the chairman is incredibly powerful and remains shrouded in mystery)
The Teaching staff (All of various skill levels but top of their class when they were students all have seen time on the battlefield and are veterans)
The Pillars (A sort of student council the pillars are top of their class trained and most have never lost a single battle except with each-other, the pillars are the only ones who compete with other schools and are internationally ranked)
Club Captains (These students are top of a single combat field)
Seniors
Junior
Sophomore
Freshman

Your characters

They will all start out as freshman will move through the school grow hopefully become friends/friendly rivals as they learn of the many challenges that face those in Omega and those gifted with Lithe.

azzmeister89

i'm really getting into this idea, cant wait to get started

MzHyde

Elias you really like violence don't you? I'm seeing a trend in your RP's.  ;D

Needless to say, I'm interested. Is there a combat system? What forms of combat will there be (ie; what clubs are there)? Will there be more than one team, or just the one? Can you be a freshman or is everyone required to be 18+ in order to enter the Colosseum? Or is a freshman in a Colosseum 18?

Elias

I like realism and anime >.> Which both lead to blood! ;D

Well you're all going to be part of the "freshman" class which means you're all 18 years old but I wanna keep you all in a general direction storyline wise. I am not sure if I am gonna recruit the PCs into a single club or force them together through a common enemy or just stick you all in the same set of classes.

As for fighting styles I will allow everything, so long as the bio makes sense, for instance you cant have Russian Spetsnaz training if you lived in California your whole life.

As for the fighting system I have a few ideas I was hoping someone would be interested in co-GMing with me so we could discuss it in detail.

Vandren

Quote from: Elias on July 14, 2012, 02:25:23 PM
As for fighting styles I will allow everything, so long as the bio makes sense, for instance you cant have Russian Spetsnaz training if you lived in California your whole life.

Just lurking, but . . . Systema (the unarmed combat system created for Spetsnaz) is taught throughout the U.S.  In fact, it is taught by one of the instructors at the aikido dojo I attend (in the eastern Midwest).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Elias

I was referring to all forms of the spetsnaz not just the combat systema (Which is one of my fav. by the way)

Oreida Wesker

Tis all for fightin and blood shed.

Giving that Lithe makes these peeps we're playing G.E., is there any side effects that might happen later in the game?  LIke if someone is immune to fire would they later get a organic version of stone skin or iron nerves of that ilk? The G.E. drug opens a possibility of light superficial yet effective mutation?

And I might be interested in helping co-gm, I played in a few high school combat games as a gauntlet fighter. OI like it up close and dirty. A first blood battle would certainly  be fun.
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Vaulera

I have some interest in this, i'm curious, what level are you looking for in terms of the actual group of players? Freshman I am to assume.

Elias

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on July 18, 2012, 04:54:42 AM
Tis all for fightin and blood shed.

Giving that Lithe makes these peeps we're playing G.E., is there any side effects that might happen later in the game?  LIke if someone is immune to fire would they later get a organic version of stone skin or iron nerves of that ilk? The G.E. drug opens a possibility of light superficial yet effective mutation?

And I might be interested in helping co-gm, I played in a few high school combat games as a gauntlet fighter. OI like it up close and dirty. A first blood battle would certainly  be fun.

Yes I want it to be limited so long as we avoid the extreme end of magic like DragonBallz and Naruto, I want it to be realism exaggerated and the idea of G.E. having serious side affects but hidden from the population to continue its use would be a great storyline, so I don't mind that idea in the least.

Great I will PM you and we can discuss it in more detail.

QuoteI have some interest in this, i'm curious, what level are you looking for in terms of the actual group of players? Freshman I am to assume

College freshman age wise, but these Coliseums are very strict it would be more like highschool because everyone is closely monitored by the faculty live on campus, everything is provided for you because obviously you're a living weapon.

ShanaTheIV

Seems interesting. I'll be keeping this one in mind.

Oreida Wesker

Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.