Pathfinder: advanced race guide

Started by Callie Del Noire, June 12, 2012, 08:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Just dropped on PDF for my subscription and I'm reading it.

So far. More loving for goblins. Lots of racial traits for EVERYONE. 

More to come later. 

Callie Del Noire

So far.. It's broken down into categories.

-Core Races: (Dwarves, Elves, Halfings, Half-Elves/Orcs, Humans)
  Alternate Traits: Good options to allow a few tweaks to make a 'city elf', mountain/exile dwarf, ect. Good small bits where you switch out some racial traits to 'tweak' the character but nothing too overly powerful
  Class Racial Archetypes: some that stand out to me: Gnomes: Two Words ('Experimental Gunsmith')
  Equipment. Dilettante's outfit (gnomes), Roar Cord (think halfling bullroarer).
  Racial Feats: Some good ones..
  Racial Magic items.. the one that stands out BEST.. Book of Marvelous Recipes (Hafling magic)

-Featured Races: (Aasimar, Catfolk, Dhampirs, Drow, Fletchings, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Ifrits, Kobold, Orcs, Oread, Ratfolk, Slyphs, Tengu, Teifling, Undines)

-Uncommon Races (Changelings, Duergar, Gillmen, Gripplis, Kitsune, Merfolk, Nagaji, Samarans, Strix, Sulis, Svirfneblin, Vanaras, Vishkaanyas, Wayangs)

-Race Builder.

Callie Del Noire

Examples from various sections. Each of the racial sections has broken down into: Alternate Racial Traits, Favored Class Options, Racial Traits, Racial Archetypes and New Racial rules.

Quote from: Kobold Equipment
Kobolds have access to the following equipment.
Alchemical Coal: A kobold who chews and swallows this alchemically treated piece of coal (a full-round action) can make one breath weapon attack during the next minute.
If the kobold fails to make a breath attack before this minute expires, it is sickened for 1 hour. Other humanoid creatures that eat alchemical coal are sickened for 1 hour (though certain other creatures may be able to use them, at the GM’s discretion). Creatures that are immune to poison are immune to the sickened effect. The type of breath weapon depends on the type of alchemical coal that is
chewed by the kobold.
Blinding Cinders: This jagged bit of dusty red coal allows a kobold to breathe a 30-foot line of coarse cinders. The breath weapon deals 1d6 points of fire damage and blinds creatures in the area for 1 round. A creature that succeeds at a DC 15 Reflex saving throw takes half damage and is not blinded.
Choking Smoke: This crumbling chunk of chalky white coal allows a kobold to breathe a 15-foot cone of foul vapor that deals 1d6 points of acid damage and sickens a creature for 1d4 rounds. A creature that succeeds at a DC 15 Reflex saving throw takes half damage and is not sickened.

Quote from: Ratfolk Equipment
Stink Ink: Stink ink is a special, pungent, musk-based ink that allows its user to encode information with smell rather than visually. Stink ink dries clear but its sharp,extremely localized smell can be picked out by those with sensitive enough noses to make it possible to read by sense of smell. Only creatures with the keen senses trait or scent ability can read stink ink without aid of some form of magic. Reading or writing something with stink ink takes twice as long as going through the same amount of information written in normal ink.
Stink Ink, Arcane: Most common among ratfolk alchemists, arcane stink ink is used to inscribe formulae or spells into formula books and spellbooks. Like normal stink ink, the arcane version can only be read by creatures with the scent ability (although read magic works normally on spells and arcane formulae inscribed with stink ink). Using arcane stink ink to inscribe a spell or formula into a book costs +10% of the normal amount (Core Rulebook 219).

Quote from: Kitsune Feats
Kitsune have access to the following feats. See page 5 of Pathfinder Player Companion: Dragon Empires Primer for the Fox
Shape, Swift Kitsune Shapechanger, and Vulpine Pounce feats.
Magical Tail
You grow an extra tail that represents your growing magical powers.
Prerequisite: Kitsune.
Benefit: You gain a new spell-like ability, each usable twice per day, from the following list, in order: disguise self, charm person, misdirection, invisibility, suggestion, displacement, confusion, dominate person. For example, the first time you select this feat, you gain disguise self 2/day; the second time you select this feat, you gain charm person 2/day. Your caster level for these spells is equal to your Hit Dice. The DCs for these abilities are Charisma-based.
Special: You may select this feat up to eight times. Each time you take it, you gain an additional ability as described above.
Realistic Likeness
When you are in human form, you can take the shape of a specific individual.
Prerequisite: Kitsune.
Benefit: You can precisely mimic the physical features of any individual you have encountered. When you use your racial change shape ability, you can attempt to take the form of an individual, granting you a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks made to fool others with your impersonation.

Samael

Drow?
Tieflings?
I need to look into pathfinder.
I don't have anyone to play the game, nor am I all that good with the rules, but I used to love the stuff put out by Paizo before Wizards took the licence back, just for the lore, the background and the abilities and traits.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Samael on June 12, 2012, 11:49:33 PM
Drow?
Tieflings?
I need to look into pathfinder.
I don't have anyone to play the game, nor am I all that good with the rules, but I used to love the stuff put out by Paizo before Wizards took the licence back, just for the lore, the background and the abilities and traits.

The Tieflings has a TON of stuff for them..Paizo put out a 'Blood of Fiends' book that took a lot of the Campaign Path: Council of Theives and put it in one book. Racial adjustments, alternate powers (like.. not sleeping or being able to eat dust/ashes).

They are coming out with an Aasimar book next month.