You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:18:55 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Novel Questions  (Read 437 times)

Offline AndyZTopic starter

Novel Questions
« on: June 10, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »
I've been working on a novel for about three years now, and I'm almost at the point of revision where I feel really ready to go and that I can start doing something with it.  When I finally get it sent out to the public (whether published, e-book or whatever, I'm waffling on those and what the best way might be) am I allowed to let other people on E know so they can buy it?

There's questions of privacy on here and all, and I wanted to make sure I didn't jump anything.  I'd love to have something maybe in my sig or A/As (where I've mentioned various days as novel writing days and I wouldn't be responding) of the name and to go buy it, though it would have my real name on it and such.

Would this be against the rules or anything?

Offline Izzie Aditi

• | Pretty eyed, pirate smile| The girl with the short skirt and the long jacket| Sapiosexual|
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Great minds think alike,dirty minds think together
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Novel Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 05:58:29 AM »
Quote from: The Almighty Rules
No personal or contact information of any sort is allowed in the public area of the site, even if it is yours, without staff permission.

Not without staff permission, so I think it would be best to PM a Staffer about this :-)

/2cents.

Offline Elina

• How am I supposed to breathe? I try to relax. I touch your still frame, so I can watch you closer and study the ways I believe I belong to you.
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • I'm drinking what used to be sin.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 09:10:18 AM »
If it is in his signature, though, it isn't in the public areas of the site, as our signatures cannot be seen by applicants, so I'm not sure that this rule is the applicable one. 

Still, if a staff member does not respond to this thread, it is probably better to just ask Veks or a G-level.

Offline Cecilia

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 04:07:08 PM »
Other published authors have mentioned that they are published and put links to their books in their A/A thread. 

If you have a website/blog that you are using to promote yourself, you can put a link to that in your signature IF YOU link back to Elliquiy.  For example, look at my signature here, and you'll see a link to my website--it changes depending on what my most current blog post is.  I have a page on my site devoted to where you can find my work. And, I have at least two links to Elliquiy on my site. 

If you are publishing under your legal name vs. the user name you use here on Elliquiy, you might consider that before linking if the nature of the work would be at odds with the adult nature of content here.  For example, I also write under my legal name, but that work is young adult fiction and mainstream fiction--(Not published yet!) and that blog doesn't link to Elliquiy. 

Offline AndyZTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:38:41 AM »
Okay, thanks folks ^_^