Possible to link text to a youtube video?

Started by Manoir, June 05, 2012, 11:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manoir

Hi Everyone,

Unlike links to most sites, which can be set up directly in text, when I use the 'Insert Hyperlink' button above the composing window to insert a youtube link, it posts as a video player showing a preview frame overlaid with a clickable 'play' icon, which you then select to play the video.

But what if I want to link to a youtube video with just a word or line of text? Is it possible to create such a link here on Elliquiy, and if so how is it done?

Thanks for your time and attention!

Autumn Sativus

Text To Show Here

[url=link to youtube]Text To Show Here[/url]

Just use the URL tags instead.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Manoir

Hi Saffron

Your post shows me the youtube video player and preview frame I described, and the 'Insert Hyperlink' button above the composition window lays down the html URL tags. If what you describe works, could you provide an example of a text-only link, without the image of the youtube player?

To be clear, I'm trying to eliminate the video player graphic entirely, so the link is nothing but a word or phrase.

Thanks!

Mithlomwen

Like this?

[noembed]Funny Kitty Video[/noembed]

[noembed][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtNWRm972hU#]Funny Kitty Video[/url][/noembed]

You will need to put 'noembed' '/noembed' in brackets around the URL tags. 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Manoir

Oreo

There is also a option on Youtube that allows you to insert the link without the no embed tag. If you use the link below the video, where it says 'share', it wont show the video.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Manoir

Thanks, I'll keep that method in mind too!