You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:21:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: How long is too long to wait?  (Read 811 times)

Offline ThatRPGuyTopic starter

How long is too long to wait?
« on: June 01, 2012, 11:10:05 PM »
So I made a small group game with some friends as practice for some of the bigger games I've dreamed up. Everything was going great until one of us disappeared. No warning, no A/A, just went from 2-3 posts/day to nothing. It's been a couple of days and my players (and myself) are getting just slightly anxious to get the plot moving again.

How long do you guys usually wait on a player before moving things along? I feel bad about skipping her in case she comes back, but I don't want everyone else waiting so long they lose interest.

Offline JDrew Spider

Re: How long is too long to wait?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:19:52 PM »
I'd say two weeks.  Did you send her a pm?

Online stormkitten

• Dark Goddess of Rain
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Psycho Kitten Wants to Play Violently
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 12
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »
In groups I have been in, 3-5 days... Usually before we start, the GM asks for us to designate someone to play our character or allow the GM to move the character in the event that RL happens.

Offline alxnjsh

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 02:12:00 PM »
I've found when a group game starts the posting is often multiple times in a day. It slows down eventually and the game gets into a routine.

Offline ThatRPGuyTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »
Well, I'm really glad I gave said player just one more day. She's back, and the game is back on! Hooray!

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:24:54 AM »
Communication is always key.  I tell my players that if one of them is going to be absent to let us know instead of just disappearing.  Games have died due to players just vanishing.