You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
March 24, 2018, 08:42:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Now open for stories.
                                            ~a mentor project

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Shock me with your future! (sci-fi worldbuilding, F looking for anyone)  (Read 113 times)

Offline BeorningTopic starter

Hello there, E! :)

I've decided to re-post an old idea of mine I'd really like to try doing again...

Basically: I'd like to play a modern-day woman who, by some twist of circumstance, gets transported a few decades or centuries into the future. Once there, she gets to explore the (most probably) changed world - its society, technology, ethics... Quite probably, my characters will experience quite a bit of future shock!

I got this idea when I was thinking on what would, say, a person from Victorian era think, if he/she got transported into our era. I'd risk saying that they would have hard time adjusting, at least initially :) I'd like to RP this kind of shock - but with the twist that I'd get to see a world of the future, one I wouldn't know that well beforehand. I'd especially love to explore some sort of opressive dystopia, as I have a soft spot for these :) Just imagine, a modern person transported to the world of, say, the Equilibrium movie...

As I mentioned, in this story I'd like to play a woman. My writing partner could play whatever role he/she wishes: a general GM/Narrator role, or some sort of male or female character... I think I can be really accomodating here :) When it comes to the way my character would get transported into the future, it doesn't have to be anything fancy: it could even get hand-waved as a freak timespace accident...

Any takers? If so, please PM me... I'd really love to get shocked by your ideas for the future! ;)