You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:56:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest Check - The One Ring (Lord of the Rings System)  (Read 480 times)

Offline Cosmic LatteTopic starter

Interest Check - The One Ring (Lord of the Rings System)
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:51:22 PM »
Hello everyone!

Cubicle 7 has gained the rights to make a new Lord of the Rings System game that they are calling The One Ring or TOR for short. It is set a few years after the death of Smaug, and the Battle of the Five Armies. It is set around Mirkwood, and the Misty Mountains.

As far as the system goes its rather simple and seems to be well suited for a online game. I know that the game is still very new and people aren't likely to have books for it but I can help you with figuring out the rules and what not.

Anyway's I just wanted to see if there was any interest in doing a system based Lord of the Rings game on here. :) I will provide more details if there is.

Offline caelcormac

• It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I have a deep and abiding love of the comma
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Interest Check - The One Ring (Lord of the Rings System)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:14:54 PM »
I'm interested. I've been dying to give The One Ring a go. I'd love to get a stab at playing a Beorning or an Elf

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »
That's cool :) I am ideally looking for something like 4-6 players. Though I am doubtful if I will find that many.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »
I'm provisionally interested; I'll look at the book and get a better idea if this's something I want to do.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 09:30:12 PM »
  Oooh!  I'll look for the system.  This sounds like fun! 

Offline SeriousMoonlight

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 10:13:57 PM »
This sounds really neat, I'll go find a copy of the book and check it out!

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 10:59:21 PM »
Cool looks like there is some interest at least. :) I will give some more details tomorrow.

I warn you the book is...somewhat scattered in it's character creation rules. If you have any questions please ask :)

The most confusing part is how favored attributes interact with favored skills, I had to search high and low for how that worked.

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:04:39 AM »
I love trying out new systems.  I'll see if I can find a copy online.

Offline Cold Heritage

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 02:31:12 PM »
The book really does seem like its layout could have been better arranged, but the artwork and generally appearance is really beautiful. I really hope this game gets going, because reading the book really has me rather excited to give the system a shot. Granted most of my Tolkien-knowledge comes from the film and Lord of the Rings Online, but I'm still really eager to play around in this world. I hope Iressi comes back, and has something in mind that will let us be grand heroes fighting against the Shadow.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »
I've got the book now, and I'm game. 

Would you still like to GM?  And anything in particular we should know about the campaign you'd like to run?