You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:04:30 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What's cooking?  (Read 30758 times)

Offline saturnschild

Re: What's cooking?
« Reply #525 on: April 04, 2009, 08:25:22 PM »
chef boyardee meat ravioli

Offline Hippie

« Reply #526 on: April 04, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »
Hamburger Helper!
Haha ::)

Offline MusicNeverDies

« Reply #527 on: April 07, 2009, 08:42:23 PM »
Cheddar Pasta with Vegetables. Yum. :)

Offline BaronS

« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
Well we just had Good Friday lunch here for the family so...let me have a look and see whats on the tables. 

Barramundi cooked on the BBQ, prawns (NOT shrimp!), salt and pepper squid, salads, a massive potato bake, garlic bread.
Dessert is my chocolate mousse that everyone seems to like and want double servings of. 

So yeah - Easter here is pretty damn good for those of us who like seafood. 

Offline Captain Maltese

« Reply #529 on: April 11, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »
Had a Whopper Cheese on the way home. It tasted like crap and I threw most of if in a bin, but not before the dressing had dripped down on and spoiled my suit. Now I'll have to take it to the cleaner and I am, emphatically, not going to have another burger in a long long time.

Offline Krysia

« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2009, 09:01:12 AM »
Ok so I got up this morning and spent some time with Johnathan and got the munchies and I was being inventive. We have a muffin pan for our toaster oven and I wanted to try it out. I pulled out the chocolate chip muffin mix and got to work. In the mean time Johnathan had decided to make what we found called a desert pizza. Basically pizza crust with cinnamon and sugar swirl on it. >.> Yes for those of know I'm diabetic it would be and was a diabetic's coma awaiting. So as the pizza was in the oven I tossed the muffins in the toaster oven. I was curious to see how they cooked so I watched and watched and watched. Most of the centers hadn't risen yet and I had called them retarded muffins for that. I figured it would rise by time I took them out. Not a chance. The timer went off and Johnathan pulled them out so I could make sure they were done properly. I grabbed my cell phone cause currently it's the only camera I own, and is crap, but I got the pictures of them coming out. I checked them and they were cooked all the way through and yet still no rise in the muffins top. >.> They ended up looking more like a biscuit then anything else. I snapped a few more pictures laughing the whole time. They were delicious. So with out further ado I'd like to introduce Krysia's Biscuit Muffins! The Buffins! (Nick name given to them by Johnathan)

Bon Appetit!!

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2009, 09:57:33 AM »
Two things that might have contributed to the buffin-hood there:  One is that toaster ovens need preheating for about 5 minutes for anything more complicated than garlic toast.  The other is if the mix itself was old and the leavening agent had expired.

Nothing actively cooking here, but I'm contemplating dusting off the bread machine again.  In a couple weeks we're getting another roommate, and maybe this time loaves will be eaten before going green.   :'(

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2009, 10:32:58 AM »
I've never had fresh baked bread but was always curious about a bread making machine. I love baking so maybe that's why!

Krys> those look yummy even if retarded! hehe   

This lovely sunshiney morning, Josi is having  half a toasted everything bagel (by Sara Lee cuz i found that brand to be the softest and freshest at the grocery store) with peanut butter and a bottled water. My trainer insists I have lots of protein with a carb and water and a little sugar added in before and after my workouts.  Sugar + Josi = bad stuff  So I settle for peanut butter and bagels which has a small amount that won't kill me.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2009, 11:01:43 AM »
I've never had fresh baked bread but was always curious about a bread making machine. I love baking so maybe that's why!

Bread making machines take lots of the tedium out of baking bread.  Layer the ingredients (dry on top of wet usually, yeast on the top) and it does all the kneading.  The one I have beeps when you should add things like nuts or fruit (apple oatmeal loaf!), and has a 'dough' cycle so that you can do fun things like pizza crusts or challah as well as a full bake cycle for making actual loaves.

Offline Downfall347

« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2009, 11:07:49 AM »
I am attempting to make raman noodles with a metal form, a live electric current and a rice steamer. If I die, it was in the name of SCIENCE!!!

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2009, 11:25:43 AM »
I am attempting to make raman noodles with a metal form, a live electric current and a rice steamer. If I die, it was in the name of SCIENCE!!!

*prefers making spaetzle with a colander and a stock pot.*

Offline Bliss

« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:04 AM »
I have taken myself out for lunch. Tandoori chicken, chai, papadum...

Offline Krysia

« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »
Two things that might have contributed to the buffin-hood there:  One is that toaster ovens need preheating for about 5 minutes for anything more complicated than garlic toast.  The other is if the mix itself was old and the leavening agent had expired.

The toaster oven was preheated while I was mixing the batter together for the buffins. I just think they're so funny looking. So good but funny. xD I'm going with the leavening agent on this one.

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #538 on: May 25, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
Last nights dinner.

Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Fresh Parsley seasoned Red Potatoes and Carrots

and a side of Sauteed Leeks and Mushrooms with Garlic Rosemary Parsley and Thyme.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Offline BaronS

« Reply #539 on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »
Oh wow.  Josietta after seeing that I think Im in love with you...

For the thread my dinner was pretty simple, just stir fried chicken with some asian greens and noodles. 

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #540 on: May 30, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »
Oh wow.  Josietta after seeing that I think Im in love with you...

For the thread my dinner was pretty simple, just stir fried chicken with some asian greens and noodles.

Awwww thank you! I love to cook. In fact i'm leaving for 3 weeks on vacation and Gran has commissioned me to cook up meals for her while i'm gone to freeze for reheating later. So one day in the next couple weeks i'll be cooking all day and freezing 18 meals.  Should be loads of fun!

Offline Paradox

« Reply #541 on: May 30, 2009, 04:34:17 PM »
Technically, this would be "What's Baking?", but since Krysia already put some bread in here, I'll follow suit (pardon the poor quality; it's a cell phone picture):

As Ket can attest, I often make banana nut bread; this time I made beer bread. The entire house smells deeeelicious.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:03:23 AM by Paradux »

Offline MzNurse

« Reply #542 on: May 30, 2009, 04:57:15 PM »
slow grilled ribs (beef and pork), chicken, pork chops, sirloin steaks, corn on the cob, grilled baked potatoes, potatoe salad, devilled eggs, baked beans (2 different kinds), pasta salad, ice cold beer and sodas....

Offline Rhapsody

« Reply #543 on: May 31, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
Today, not much.  Just some burgers and milkshakes (God, I love my new blender).  But yesterday I went and slow-roasted pork shoulder roast (in the oven, floating in a marinade cooking broth of  water, Worchestershire, diced onions, garlic powder and smattering of savory), mashed potatoes, turnip, corn, peas, gravy, and Pillsbury turnovers (apple AND blueberry flavors) for dessert. 

Offline Bloody Paramour

• Finder of Lost things, beautiful in black and white,
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • I daydream, reality is a manipulatable substance
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #544 on: June 04, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »
MARBLE ICING BIRTHDAY CAKE!
two layers of rich moist chocolate cake, middle striped and marbled icing of Chocolate and cream cheese icing then topped and smoothed marble textured Chocolate and cream cheese icing

i dunno whats for dinner, but hell i want steak ><

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #545 on: June 04, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »
Tonights dinner:

Chicken Cordon Bleu w/Brussel Sprouts

Offline Will

« Reply #546 on: June 04, 2009, 07:37:01 PM »
I still distrust brussel sprouts on GP... but that looks delicious.

Offline Bliss

« Reply #547 on: June 04, 2009, 07:58:08 PM »
I <3 brussels sprouts!

But tonight I have a glass of wine, a chocolate bunny, and fritos. Also some hot dogs, in case I want to satisfy a craving for meat group.

Offline Moonhare

« Reply #548 on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:03 PM »
Let's see.

Today menu for lunch was spicy eggplant stir-fry with pork and portabella mushrooms with steamed rice. Of course to cool the tongue, there is the frozen chocolates for after.

Tonight's menu includes; Pork and Leek pot-stickers with sweet soy sauce, teriyaki glazed shrimp (which I don't eat, but apparently make very well), steamed rice. Dessert was fat free chocolate fudge ice cream with pomegranate dark chocolate on top and watermelon (Again something I can't have, but I pick good ones by sound alone)

Offline Josietta

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #549 on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »
That is bacon and brusselsprouts :P *runs off for hte night*