My menu for Chef Dawg this Saturday. All meals prepared over the campfire or with charcoal in the campsite.
Saturday Breakfast for my crew:
1 lb. smoked sausage, cubed
2 med. onion, diced
2 med. bell pepper, diced
2 tomato, diced
2 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tsp Greek seasoning
16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
16 10" flour tortillas
Sauté all ingredients except eggs and cheese on medium high heat for 10 minutes. Add eggs; cook until eggs are done. Wrap in flour tortillas and add cheese.
Fold and top with picante sauce.
Lunch for the entire camp
10lbs diced stewing beef
4 stalks celery
2 bags of carrots
Clean and dice up all vegetables. Place beef and vegetables to taste in reynolds wrap, add spices to taste. Fold up reynolds wrap, add a second layer off reynolds wrap. Place sandwiches in the fire and cook for 10 minutes, flip over cook for another ten minutes. Open and enjoy.
Dinner for camp and guest
TRASH CAN TURKEYS
2 - 20 Gallon trash cans
2 - Dutch Ovens
2 - Turkey Stands (the kind you use in a fryer to get the turkey to "stand up" work well)
60 Pounds of Charcoal
2 - 25 pound Turkeys
2 - Roll of Aluminum foil
1 - Pair of thermal gloves (like you use in a fire place)
1 - Small ash shovel
* Prepare the turkey - clean and season
* Lay aluminum foil down on the ground (I make mine about twice the size of the can). It works better if you have a layer of sand on the ground (under the aluminum foil) so the rim of the trash can can make an impression in the sand for a better seal.
* Set the dutch oven upside down on the aluminum foil (without a lid) - this is a spacer to keep the turkey away from the ground. You can also use 4 tent stakes and a round wire rack.
* Set the turkey stand on the dutch oven (or center of the wire rack).
* Place the turkey on the stand.
* Turn the trash can upside down over the turkey (try to center the turkey inside the can).
* Put as much charcoal as you can on TOP of the trash can.
* Put the remainder of the 30 pounds around the trash can.
* Let cook for 1:15 - 1:30 (either work, I usually go for the extra 15 minutes)
* Use the ash shovel to remove the coals off the top of the can and push them back from the bottom of the can.
* Use the gloves to pick up the trash can.
* Use the trash can lid as the serving plate - simply push the turkey over on to it.
Prepare stuffing, yams, mashed potatoes and kernel corn as sides
Campfire/Bonfire Saturday Night
Lots of Hot Chocolate
Lots of Coffee
Lots of Smores