You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:28:39 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Question to experienced GM's on providing a challenge for their players.  (Read 4163 times)

Online Chrystal

Sorry, can't help it... We have a thread "return of the living dead", about how to bring back characters that dropped out?

Seen the latest PvP?

*snigger*

Offline mvo33

I did, some sort of gelatinous revive, I'm guessing a reincarnation spell.

Which reminds me of a 3.0 DnD game a friend played, the main human who is pretty much the King of the Human lands (or will be) died.  The druid goes, "I can just cast reincarnation tomorrow."  Now in 3.0 reincarnation allowed you to come back as just about any natural creature (it changed in 3.5 to strictly a humanoid race).  So my friend goes, just roll percentile... 36 comes up.  "Congratulations, you've just turned the King into  badger."

Matt

Offline TheGlyphstone

Which reminds me of a 3.0 DnD game a friend played, the main human who is pretty much the King of the Human lands (or will be) died.  The druid goes, "I can just cast reincarnation tomorrow."  Now in 3.0 reincarnation allowed you to come back as just about any natural creature (it changed in 3.5 to strictly a humanoid race).  So my friend goes, just roll percentile... 36 comes up.  "Congratulations, you've just turned the King into  badger."

Matt

Still around in 3.5, but only on a natural 100 - "DM's Choice". And the DM's choice is always 'badger'.

Offline mvo33

You are an evil evil GM for doing that...

Matt

Offline Thufir Hawat

Matt
Did anyone else notice the difference ;D?

Offline mvo33

no it didn't actually happen, the through that she could turn him into a badger made her think that it might not be a good idea.

Matt

Offline TheGlyphstone

Badger King > Dead King in most circumstances.

Offline mvo33

Kind of, if I remember correctly reincarnation doesn't give you any additional abilities.  So the Badger King wouldn't have been able to actually talk or really rule...so it's a toss up really.

Matt

Offline TheGlyphstone

Kind of, if I remember correctly reincarnation doesn't give you any additional abilities.  So the Badger King wouldn't have been able to actually talk or really rule...so it's a toss up really.

Matt

You keep your intelligence score and class features, though, so if the Badger King could wrap his paw around a pen, he can still issue decrees. And if he happened to be a mage-king, nothing changes except how big he is. :)