You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 19, 2018, 07:25:59 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [POKEMON] Semi-Realistic Pokemon RP. [8/8 Slots] FULL  (Read 9731 times)

Offline AcidTopic starter

[POKEMON] Semi-Realistic Pokemon RP. [8/8 Slots] FULL
« on: April 13, 2012, 07:26:27 PM »
6/8 slots filled. Would like 2 more.

I Wanna Be The Very Best

In a world corrupted by greed, Trainers from around the world still hold one relic from the past dear - catching and training Pokemon. Unfortunately, due to Team Rocket's criminal activities, even this age-old tradition is in risk of disappearing. 

Set 26 years after Ash Ketchum and his longtime Rival Gary Oak journeyed on their quest to be the very best, Trainers still view the practice of capturing and training Pokemon as both tradition and a teenager's rite of passage. Due to technological advancement, Trainers typically start their foray into Pokemon in Fuchsia City or Vermilion City, if they are situated within the Kanto region. Alternatively, they begin in Cianwood City or Azalea Town if they are from Johto.

After the Kanto government declared Team Rocket enemies of the state, Team Rocket moved their headquarters into Johto and began plotting numerous schemes involving financial fraud and violence using and directed at Pokemon. However, approximately 8 years ago, Team Rocket began the corporate buyout and eventual takeover of Silph Co., the largest and most prominent manufacturer of Pokemon-related technology in the world. Although their crime is concentrated more so in Johto, Team Rocket's reach through Silph Co. in Kanto is ever-present.

In what would eventually be dubbed as The Pokemon Purge, Team Rocket, using their newly-established connections and influence within Silph Co., managed to steal thousands of Pokemon from unsuspecting Trainers and citizens alike. Pokemarts all over Johto and Kanto began selling Silph Co.'s new product: Champion Pokeballs - cheap to produce, extremely cheap to purchase and guaranteed to catch virtually any Pokemon without having to go through that inconvenient process of weakening the Pokemon first and then trying to catch it and hoping for success. For all intents and purposes, Team Rocket made Master Balls accessible to the average Joe. But there was a defect with the Champion Pokeballs; they would occasionally lock-up and Trainers would be unable to summon their Pokemon. Once members of the Elite 4 and various Gym Leaders were unable to recall their Pokemon, news of the defective Champion Pokeballs spread like wildfire. Under the guise of Silph Co., Team Rocket ordered a complete recall of every Champion Pokeball ever sold.

Trainers, Gym Leaders and virtually everyone within the two regions scrambled to the Silph Co. headquarters, stationed in both Goldenrod City and Cinnabar Island. The company promised they would correct the manufacturing issue and Trainers would be reunited with their Pokemon once said issue was resolved. The defective Champion Pokeballs were Team Rocket's true intention; they were now in possession of thousands of high-leveled and rare Pokemon. Team Rocket held the entire world by the throat.

[Suspension of Disbelief]

0.] Pokeballs are EXTREMELY rare due to recent events. Use them wisely if you ever come across one.
1.] Your Pokemon begin weak and by RPing eventually level and grow stronger.
2.] Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 were affected by The Pokemon Purge and have lost their once experienced Pokemon. They are now raising new Pokemon once more.
3.] Gym Leaders/Elite 4 grow alongside the RPers. If your first Gym battle is Koga in Fuchsia City, he will be weaker than if you fight Koga as your 5th Gym Leader.
4.] Due to Silph Co./Team Rocket's activities, transportation in the Pokeworld has been severely crippled and Trainers must walk/bike everywhere, although several sea-based modes of transportation such as boats are still available.
5.] Kanto-pokemon (151 in all) can only be caught in Kanto. Johto-pokemon (100 in all) can only be caught in Johto. 

Code: [Select]
(PM me or Post here)
[B][U]Character Sign-up Sheet:[/U][/B]
[B]Name:[/B]
[B]Age:[/B]
[B]Gender:[/B]
[B]Specialty[/B]: Any Pokemon type/element/species your character specializes in? Optional.
[B]Appearance:[/B] (Optional. A picture will suffice.)
[B]Personality:[/B] Be detailed. 3 sentences is not detail.
[B]Starting Town:[/B] Fuchsia/Vermilion or Cianwood/Azalea.
[B]Starting Pokemon:[/B] (1)

Rules:
1. No Legendaries.
2. No Starters (including Pikachu/Eevee.)
3. No Evolved Pokemon.
4. No 3rd/4th/5th Gen Pokemon. Don't even ask.
5. Minimum posting requirements: 2 Paragraphs per post (including dialogue.) Post 1x every 3 days.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:51:01 PM by Acid »

Offline Frank Reshman

Re: [POKEMON] Semi-Realistic, Story-Focused, Advanced Pokemon RP.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:58:15 AM »
Character Sign-up Sheet:
Name: Johnny Syx
Specialty: No.  Specializes in Pokemon theory more than battles at this point, having read about pokemon battles his entire life.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality:

John was never a shy person.  While not the most popular boy growing up, the few friends he did have knew him very well.  He is kind, loyal, and never hesitates to do what he thinks is right or tell you how he feels. He hardly ever instigates fights, but once someone challenges him, he is a force to be reckoned with.  John never had very many pokemon growing up, so he never really learned how to battle correctly.

Ever since he was old enough to read, however, he had been learning about Pokemon battles and the mechanics of how they worked.  One day, a wounded Scyther showed up on his doorstep.  After taking him to the Poke-Center, he then proceeded to watch over the Scyther until it was feeling well enough to come back to his house with him.  Since then, Scyther and John have been steadfast friends.

Since none of his family had ever been pokemon trainers, there was no need for excess pokeballs around the house.  John could still remember on his eighth birthday, receiving a pokeball and immediately placing it in a glass case and forgetting about it.  All of the pokemon around the shop were tame, from the countless generations of spinarak, to the Pinsir that they've around before John was even born.

John's family ran a bug-themed restaurant and, while it wasn't the most lucrative job in the world, it did give him plenty of time to read and play with his pokemon. Being the bottom rung of the social ladder, John's family didn't splurge if they could help it.  When the new champion balls came out, his father refused to buy any, stating that, "If there is no risk of failure, there is no joy in triumph." So, John and his family had to watch as everyone around them went and bought champion balls.  And John and his family had to watch as, one by one, everyone around them lost their pokemon to Team Rocket.  After the great Pokemon Purge, John swore to do what he could to help those in need, and ventured out with nothing but his Scyther, and a few old pokeballs in his pockets.

Starting Town: Fuchsia City
Starting Pokemon: Scyther (he's not evolved...that counts, right?)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:21:39 PM by Frank Reshman »

Re: [POKEMON] Semi-Realistic, Story-Focused, Advanced Pokemon RP.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »
I'll only be accepting a total of 8 people for this RP. So far I have 2/8, which leaves 6 open slots. If there's a problem with your CS, I'll PM you.

My CS, just for reference.

Character Sign-up Sheet:

Name: Mark Silversteel
Specialty: Flying/Mixed-Type Pokemon.
Appearance:

Personality: A birdcatcher from Fuchsia, Mark Silversteel always longed for the thrill the open sky brought. The sky represented freedom to him and so Mark built naturally gravitated towards the most liberated of Pokemon - the flying Pokemon. Already a novice Pokemon trainer, Mark was not determined enough to accumulate any notoriety or Gym Badges on his previous foray into Kanto. He is extremely mischievous and values creativity and ingenuity above power or personal glory; he often plays pranks on the citizens of Cianwood City with the help of his Pokemon team. These are often harmless goofs, but once or twice he has gotten in legal trouble due to a prank gone awry. Mark does things simply for the "experience" of it. Due to his creativity and penchant for chaos, Mark equally loves Pokemon of Mixed types - Flying + a secondary-type Pokemon are his most wanted. "The more bizarre, the better." is Mark's motto.

Mark Silversteel has virtually no urge to become a renowned trainer and views those who do as self-centered and emotionally weak - the only reason Mark is setting out into the Pokeworld once more is not to hone his trainer skills, but to retrieve his father's prized Delibird. Mark's father runs the Johto Mail Delivery Service (JMDS) from Cianwood and his mother runs the Kanto Mail Delivery Service (KMDS) from Fuchsia City. With the help of his father's Delibird (and a few other transportation-inclined Pokemon) the mail service provides quick mail and package delivery for hundreds across the Kanto and Johto regions. It is from his parents that Mark Silversteel acquired his love of Pokemon who scour the sky and feels inclined to punish those who stole his father's Delibird and endangered the family business.

Starting Town: Cianwood City
Starting Pokemon: Mantine (Water/Flying)

Offline Ember Star

Quick question. Would Manaphy be an okay starter? If not, I have other options I'm looking into. I'm yet undecided.

Rules:
1. No Legendaries.
3. No Evolved Pokemon.
5. Minimum posting requirements: 2 Paragraphs per post (including dialogue.) Post 1x every 3 days.

Offline Ember Star

Sorry for my general stupidity when it comes to knowing all about Pokemon. But just curious, which of those rules does Manaphy fall under?

Offline Carlissa

Sorry for my general stupidity when it comes to knowing all about Pokemon. But just curious, which of those rules does Manaphy fall under?

1 and 4. Manaphy is a legendary Pokemon and was introduced in generation IV.

Question: Does this RP take place after the anime or the games?

1 and 4. Manaphy is a legendary Pokemon and was introduced in generation IV.

Question: Does this RP take place after the anime or the games?

After the anime, but some stuff is retconned for sake of simplicity and to ensure we're not just RPing the same plot as the anime/games.

Offline Carlissa

Okay. I have another question too (forgive me for not posting this before).

You said that Gens. III-V are off limits. What if we want to start out with a Pokemon that evolves into a Pokemon from those gens (For example, starting out with Gligar, which evolves into Gliscor or Magby who eventually evolves into Magmortar)?

Offline Ember Star

Ah. Okay. Thanks! I'll see about drawing up a character sheet soon. My also getting involved in another Pokemon rp, so I'm not sure I want to take both in. But both offer different aspects to be considered, so I might

Okay. I have another question too (forgive me for not posting this before).

You said that Gens. III-V are off limits. What if we want to start out with a Pokemon that evolves into a Pokemon from those gens (For example, starting out with Gligar, which evolves into Gliscor or Magby who eventually evolves into Magmortar)?

I'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I'd rather focus on getting the RP up first lol.

If someone wanted a Magmortar, they'd begin with a Magby and have to be RPing for long enough to evolve their Pokemon into its 3rd evolution, which is a leap of faith in and of itself. I'm not going to say someone 100% can't have Magmortar. If they've reached that point in the RP where it would be plausible for them to have a Magmortar, I'd probably let them have it.

Ah. Okay. Thanks! I'll see about drawing up a character sheet soon. My also getting involved in another Pokemon rp, so I'm not sure I want to take both in. But both offer different aspects to be considered, so I might

No pressure. Don't take on more than you can handle.

Character Sign-up Sheet:
Name: Johnny Syx
Specialty: No.  Specializes in Pokemon theory more than battles at this point, having read about pokemon battles his entire life.
Appearance:
Personality: John has always been a shy person.  Ever since he was old enough to read, he had been learning about Pokemon battles and the mechanics of how they worked.  He came from a poor family, so they didn't have enough money to purchase those accursed "champion balls".  His only pokemon, Scyther, was a great help with their family restaurant.  After the great Pokemon Purge, he swore to do what he could to help those in need, and ventured out with nothing but his Scyther, and a few old pokeballs in his pockets. 
Starting Pokemon: Scyther (he's not evolved...that counts, right?)

Rejected until you fix CS.
Check your PMs.

I'll start the RP once I have 4 people.
Right now have 2, probably 3. Need 1 more.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:50:44 PM by Acid »

Offline Shihong

Throwing my lot into the ring here.  I do have a few questions thought.  Where exactly will things be starting off?  Will those accepted gradually form a sort of party, or will we each be independent to an extent?  Will we be starting in Johto, Kanto, or will the group be split between those two regions?  It seems to me that the plot will inevitably lead into a confrontation with Team Rocket, but there's also an indication that gym battles will remain a large part of progression.  Any comment on how you see things progressing?

What else was there...  Ah, right!  How beholden will this be to the mechanics of the games from which this is all derived?  Restricted to four moves?  Could a Pokemon, through intense effort and training, build up a marginal resistance to the types that would normally floor them (Referring mainly to the proto-gym leader in season 1 that made such an attempt with his sandshrew and water)?

That's just an example mind you, as I have no interest in having my character subject a Pokemon to that kind of exercise.

Character Sign-up Sheet
Name: Dr. Samantha Greene
Specialty: Status-Effect Inducers
Appearance:
Personality: Dr. Greene is the very definition of a "free spirit".  She never lets herself get tied down by anything or anyone, particularly when it comes to romantic entanglements.  No matter how gorgeous the scenery, no matter how lovely its people, Samantha doesn't allow herself the luxury of staying in any one city or town for more than a week, barring extreme circumstances.  Her curiosity is boundless, but everything is always studied at arm's-length, as if she were afraid of letting the subject of her scrutiny get too close or become too dear to her.

Dr. Greene earned her degree in the burgeoning field of Pokemon Psychology, a field that is oft-criticized by those who believe Pokemon to be little better than animals at best and tools at worst.  Greene and her peers make valiant efforts to treat Pokemon as they would human beings, giving especial care to their mental state and attempting to bond with them on an even deeper level than that between trainer and trainee.  Of course, even the most intelligent Pokemon don't think quite as people do, making it a very different breed of study from more traditional forms of psychotherapy.  Part psychologist and part wildlife conservationist, Greene goes out of her way to facilitate peaceful relations between humans and Pokemon, both wild and domesticated.
Starting Town: Vermilion
Starting Pokemon: Parsley (Paras)
Moveset:
  • Scratch
  • Stun Spore
  • Poison Powder
  • Leech Life
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 01:47:06 PM by Shihong »

Offline Ember Star

I can't pass up a good Pokemon rp, so I decided to throw my hat in.

Character Sign-up Sheet: Name: Amy Kerensky
Specialty: Water/mixed water types
Appearance:

Personality: Can you say perky much? Amy is one of those "happy, happy, happy all the time" people, that usually annoys the heck out of everybody else. She seems to almost bounce and skip everywhere she goes, and talking all the while, like she's high on sugar or something. Given that fact, she's not afraid of anything, in fact, she's almost obvious to any danger from anything. She'll bound right up to complete strangers and just start chatting up a storm. She's also obvious to the fact that she irritates everybody around her, which means if you snap and yell at her, she'll hard blink an eye or pause.
Starting Town: Cianwood
Starting Pokemon: Seel (Water)

Offline SargentToughie

Call me a skeptic, but I've got to ask just how 'dark' and 'gritty' this RP is going to be. This seems like one of those RPs that doesn't really do justice to the lighthearted and optimistic source material. Now, I'm not saying the RP has to be childish, but I hate RPs that take fun, colorful fandoms and turn them into post apocalyptic gloom and doom scenarios. If I'm wrong, awesome. But if not, then I'll just have to pass on this one.

My next question is why can't we have anything from Gens 3-5? Some of my favorites ever come from those Generations, this smells eerily of nostalgia goggles getting in the way of quality here. And why can't Eevee be a starter? I'm not interested in picking it, but that seems like a really odd restriction since Eevee is one of the most popular and loved Gen 1 mons.

Sorry for being so harsh, I'd just kinda like more information before I decide one way or the other about this RP. Contrary to what you may think by this point, I really AM quite interested.

Offline Ember Star

I have to agree with you on all accounts there, Sargent. You said some things I was thinking. Note my overly perky character. Lol

Offline SargentToughie

I've just had a lot of bad experiences with GMs that exert too much pointless control in the past, so I make sure that I fully understand what I'm getting myself into before I sign up for anything.

It's nothing personal, Acid, I promise. ^^

Offline Ember Star

I've just had a lot of bad experiences with GMs that exert too much pointless control in the past, so I make sure that I fully understand what I'm getting myself into before I sign up for anything.

Same here. I've butted heads with more than I can count. Lol

Throwing my lot into the ring here.  I do have a few questions thought.  Where exactly will things be starting off?  Will those accepted gradually form a sort of party, or will we each be independent to an extent?  Will we be starting in Johto, Kanto, or will the group be split between those two regions?  It seems to me that the plot will inevitably lead into a confrontation with Team Rocket, but there's also an indication that gym battles will remain a large part of progression.  Any comment on how you see things progressing?

What else was there...  Ah, right!  How beholden will this be to the mechanics of the games from which this is all derived?  Restricted to four moves?  Could a Pokemon, through intense effort and training, build up a marginal resistance to the types that would normally floor them (Referring mainly to the proto-gym leader in season 1 that made such an attempt with his sandshrew and water)?

That's just an example mind you, as I have no interest in having my character subject a Pokemon to that kind of exercise.

Character Sign-up Sheet
Name: Dr. Samantha Greene
Specialty: Status-Effect Inducers
Appearance:
Personality: Dr. Greene is the very definition of a "free spirit".  She never lets herself get tied down by anything or anyone, particularly when it comes to romantic entanglements.  No matter how gorgeous the scenery, no matter how lovely its people, Samantha doesn't allow herself the luxury of staying in any one city or town for more than a week, barring extreme circumstances.  Her curiosity is boundless, but everything is always studied at arm's-length, as if she were afraid of letting the subject of her scrutiny get too close or become too dear to her.

Dr. Greene earned her degree in the burgeoning field of Pokemon Psychology, a field that is oft-criticized by those who believe Pokemon to be little better than animals at best and tools at worst.  Greene and her peers make valiant efforts to treat Pokemon as they would human beings, giving especial care to their mental state and attempting to bond with them on an even deeper level than that between trainer and trainee.  Of course, even the most intelligent Pokemon don't think quite as people do, making it a very different breed of study from more traditional forms of psychotherapy.  Part psychologist and part wildlife conservationist, Greene goes out of her way to facilitate peaceful relations between humans and Pokemon, both wild and domesticated.
Starting Town: Vermilion
Starting Pokemon: Parsley (Paras)

You're free to start off on your own, but if you're in the same Starting Town as someone else, the most logical thing would be to team up with them. I'll bring it up again in the OOC so if people want to switch their Starting Towns, they may. That's up to you guys though. Regardless, we WILL be meeting up during the course of the RP at some point early on (not at the very beginning though, but sometime shortly thereafter.) I have something planned that will make the gathering more feasible.

You're right in assuming that Gym battles will be a part of this RP. What would Pokemon be without Gym Leaders? The Gym Battles/Leaders will be explained in full detail once the OOC goes up, but they'll serve some minor secondary purpose besides just raising your Pokemon.

I wouldn't worry too much about the battle mechanics because the Pokemon battles in this RP will be more freeform than the games. Similar to the battles in the anime. Each Pokemon will have 4 moves (no Gen 3/4/5 moves.) I'm not going to make you guys keep track of HP or PP or IVs or stats or anything like that (because I don't feel like doing that either.) Combat will be much more creative and freeform.

No shame in wanting to know what you're getting into. I'd rather you lose interest in the interest check than when the OOC and IC go up because then I'll have to scramble to fill that spot.  :P

In regards to your CS, Accepted.
Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with her.

Call me a skeptic, but I've got to ask just how 'dark' and 'gritty' this RP is going to be. This seems like one of those RPs that doesn't really do justice to the lighthearted and optimistic source material. Now, I'm not saying the RP has to be childish, but I hate RPs that take fun, colorful fandoms and turn them into post apocalyptic gloom and doom scenarios. If I'm wrong, awesome. But if not, then I'll just have to pass on this one.

My next question is why can't we have anything from Gens 3-5? Some of my favorites ever come from those Generations, this smells eerily of nostalgia goggles getting in the way of quality here. And why can't Eevee be a starter? I'm not interested in picking it, but that seems like a really odd restriction since Eevee is one of the most popular and loved Gen 1 mons.

Sorry for being so harsh, I'd just kinda like more information before I decide one way or the other about this RP. Contrary to what you may think by this point, I really AM quite interested.

It's definitely going to be a bit more mature than the games or anime, but I don't know if I'd go as far as to call it "dark." Definitely more mature, but not very macabre. 

Gen 3-5 is a no-go because the Pokemon that I grew up with and the Pokemon that I hold dear to my heart are Generations 1 and 2. I'm a bit of a purist. Not to mention, I know next to nothing about Generation 3-5 Pokemon, towns, story, etc.  :P

Eevee/Eeveelutions/Starters/Legendaries are overdone. I also consider Eevee a psuedo-starter Pokemon (Pokemon Yellow.) I didn't feel like GMing an RP where everyone RPed the same Pokemon ever and over. That's just my preference and I'm not going to compromise with it.

They're legitimate questions though, no worries.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:56:02 PM by Acid »

Offline SargentToughie

Alright, got it.

The tone will be fine. I can handle mature, I just can't stand anything being pointlessly dark.

Eeveelutions and the legendaries are another legit concern that I can respect, that's cool. The only thing I really have an issue with are not allowing anything from 3-5 on principle. As somebody who has played every single main line Pokemon game since Red, I can assure you that every single generation has it's goods and it's bads, but all of them have something new and great that they can bring to the table. I'd even go so far as to say that gen 5 was the BEST Pokemon generation to date, going from the ratio of likable/dumb pokemon. I won't argue the point too much if you're REALLY dead set on this, but I can't help but shake the feeling that you're handicapping this RP because of it.

EDIT: Just to give you an idea of how cool some of the Gen 5s are, it's water type starter is an otter with a seashell on it's stomach. You think that it looks dumb at first glance, but then you learn that it takes the shell off it's stomach and shanks people with it.

And then it evolves into a samurai walrus of awesomeness. You said no starters, and I respect that, but that's just one example.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:04:13 PM by SargentToughie »

Offline Shihong

While I do have plenty of favorites among the later generations, I can understand why Acid would be hesitant to allow material from the later generations.  If he does, that also opens up several new continents that he has little or no experience with, and possibly even other major criminal organizations.  I'm personally fine with keeping things Rocket-centric and having just two regions available, at least from the start.  Better for a GM to stick to something they know backwards and forwards, rather than introduce new material and run the risk of making mistakes.

Simply put, adding the later generations just adds more work onto Acid's plate as a storyteller and overseer of the game.

Offline SargentToughie

Yeah... True enough... I've just been on a Pokemon White bender the last week or so and have built up a team that I absolutely adore out of nothing but Gen 5ers, so my creativity is taking a nose dive with anything else. Yeah, I know that Dragonite and Alakazam are classics, but I loves me some Hydreigon and some Volcarona

Offline Smoothtrooperette

I want to join; but I'm still a little on the fence about it.  If someone were to start out with an Abra, for example--  Would you allow it to know one of its TM moves along with Teleport?  Since they only learn teleport by leveling up and can learn other moves by TM?  Also-- if a Pokemon evolves through trading-- Can it only evolve through an trade in the RP or no? 

To answer all future queries about "what if" questions: the answer is that I'll look at everything on a case by case basis (provided it doesn't already break one of the rules.)

Abra starts out only with Teleport. If the RPer is not willing to pick any of the other dozens of Pokemon they can choose from and they absolutely MUST have Abra or they'll die (or not join the RP, which is completely fine with me btw) we can just pretend that Abra starts out with Teleport + Psychic or something. It'll obviously gain Kadabra's moveset once it levels enough.

I'm not going to be concerning myself much with TMs/HMs because that's just extra stuff for everyone to keep track of. I MAY implement HMs, but definitely not TMs. Unless things changed later on in the series, I don't think the issue of TMs or HMs was addressed in the anime even once. Unless otherwise stated, Pokemon "moves" will follow the anime. Not the games.

You can trade your Pokemon if you so wish, but if someone wants a Golem or Haunter, they won't have to trade for it.

Don't worry about the technical stuff, because there won't be much of it. I'll explain everything in the OOC.

OOC and IC are going up today.

Offline Jackalope

I like the sound of this... Gotta be honest, I don't really post on this site very much, but I've been looking for something like this for a while. And if I may throw in my two cents about your choice of generations, that's just what I would have picked... I don't have a problem with 3rd, aside from all of the unnecessary legendaries but 4th was unplayable. I think they really ran out of ideas.

You said our pokemon would start out weak... I'd been considering a few options for my first pokemon and two of them are onix and snorlax. Would they start out smaller and grow over time? Because I can't see them being physically weak with their size. Maybe unskilled and poorly trained to begin with... I could avoid them altogether if you like.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:59:57 AM by Jackalope »

I like the sound of this... Gotta be honest, I don't really post on this site very much, but I've been looking for something like this for a while. And if I may throw in my two cents about your choice of generations, that's just what I would have picked... I don't have a problem with 3rd, aside from all of the unnecessary legendaries but 4th was unplayable. I think they really ran out of ideas.

You said our pokemon would start out weak... I'd been considering a few options for my first pokemon and two of them are onix and snorlax. Would they start out smaller and grow over time? Because I can't see them being physically weak with their size. Maybe unskilled and poorly trained to begin with... I could avoid them altogether if you like.

Glad to hear you're interested.

A Level 1 Snorlax/Onix is still a Level 1 Snorlax/Onix. We're working under the assumption that lvl 1 Pokemon sort of suck. Since we're not going to be using any stats or whatever in the game and all combat will be freeform, all Pokemon are assumed to suck equally. The only thing that could give you an advantage is if you're better at RP dueling in "Arena" type RPs. Heavier bodies = less agile Pokemon, but more durable. Lighter bodies = more agility, but less durability. Your Onix or Snorlax aren't going to be jumping around everywhere like, say, a Sandshrew or Nidoran or Girafarig might. We'll also be taking into consideration the Pokemon's inherent traits into their combat style. An example would be Slowpoke or Swinub. You're not going to see many Slowpokes or Swinubs being particularly agile, even though they're not particularly heavy. It's just not in their nature for the most part.

I want to keep things as "traditional" and simplistic as possible, in Pokemon terms.

If you want either of those Pokemon, by all means pick them when you submit your Character Sheet.

Offline Jackalope

Alright, thanks. I'll have a sheet up tonight. I'll just edit it in over this post if no one's posted between now and then.

Offline Carlissa

I don't have a problem with 3rd, aside from all of the unnecessary legendaries but 4th was unplayable.

The 5th generation of Pokemon was a lot worse than the 4th generation (when it came to the Pokemon that is). Although the 4th gen had the most unnecessary legendaries, nore than the 3rd gen even...

I'd been considering a few options for my first pokemon and two of them are onix and snorlax

If you start out with Onix, you should start out at level 5 at least. Despite looking powerful, Onix isn't that good of a Pokemon, saving its high defense stat.

But, don't you think that letting someone start out with a Snorlax contradicts the rule that someone can't start out with an unevolved Pokemon? After all, Snorlax IS an evolved Pokemon (evolved form of Munchlax). And there was another profile that had the starting Pokemon as a Mantine, which is also an evolved Pokemon...

Offline SargentToughie

The 5th generation of Pokemon was a lot worse than the 4th generation (when it came to the Pokemon that is). Although the 4th gen had the most unnecessary legendaries, nore than the 3rd gen even...

I disagree, actually. I really like Gen 5.

Offline Carlissa

I disagree, actually. I really like Gen 5.

Really now? So you like the fact that we have a garbage bag Pokemon, a candle Pokemon, an ice cream cone Pokemon, and even a couple of guys from Sesame Street among the roster?

Geez, that sounded kinda... contraversial. Didn't mean it that way.

I'll admit that there are a few Pokemon that I like from Gen 5, but I think that there are too many whose characters designs are just... crap. Take Beartic for example. If you compare it to the likes of Ursaring, which one looks more like a respectable bear Pokemon? I mean really... Beartic just looks like a bad Fakemon to me.

Offline Frank Reshman

Really now? So you like the fact that we have a garbage bag Pokemon, a candle Pokemon, an ice cream cone Pokemon, and even a couple of guys from Sesame Street among the roster?

I'll admit that there are a few Pokemon that I like from Gen 5, but I think that there are too many whose characters designs are just... crap. Take Beartic for example. If you compare it to the likes of Ursaring, which one looks more like a respectable bear Pokemon? I mean really... Beartic just looks like a bad Fakemon to me.

I'm not going to debate this, because, honestly, I've debated this over and over again and people really don't change their opinions very often.  All pokemon look ridiculous.  Gen 1 had Mr. Mime, and Jynx, and ditto.  I'm not saying one Gen is better than another one (Gen II is the best, btw :P), I'm just saying that each Generation had their share of silly looking pokemon. 

Also, I updated my CS, so Acid, if you wanna take a look-see, that'd be great.

Offline SargentToughie

Oh yeah, because every single Gen 1 and 2 pokemon was absolutely perfect.

Every single generation, 1 through 5, has always had it's good and it's bad. I swear, Pokemon fans wear some of the most hardcore nostalgia glasses out of any fanbase I've ever seen before in my life outside of Sonic fans. Compare all the awesome Gen 5 pokemon to the dumb ones, and you'll find the good FAR outweighing the bad, and say what you will, Gen 5 didn't have Bidoof, the dumbest pokemon design ever.

And what do you have against the candle pokmeon? It's final evolution actually looks pretty badass.

Glad we agree actually. All Generations have pokmeon that look just plain silly as well as pokemon that look awesome.

Offline Carlissa

I never said that the other generations had silly designs either. I just think Generation 5 had the most badly designed Pokemon. Especially Sawk and Throh. Every time I see one in the wild I'm expecting them to talk to me about crossing the street or something. They're so bad, I named my Sawk and Troh Ernie and Bert respectively...

Offline SargentToughie

What? I liked Sawk and Throh! I guess that just comes down to opinion at the end, but... yeah...

Funny thing is that I did think the exact same thing as you when I saw them.

Offline Shihong

Oho now, I know you're not talkin' ill of my main man, Bellsprout!  ;D

Offline Jackalope

If you start out with Onix, you should start out at level 5 at least. Despite looking powerful, Onix isn't that good of a Pokemon, saving its high defense stat.

But, don't you think that letting someone start out with a Snorlax contradicts the rule that someone can't start out with an unevolved Pokemon? After all, Snorlax IS an evolved Pokemon (evolved form of Munchlax). And there was another profile that had the starting Pokemon as a Mantine, which is also an evolved Pokemon...

Well, if we're going by the stats from the games, that rules out a lot of pokemon as just being weak. Besides, there's supposed to be a bit of realism and i can't imagine a giant stone snake headbutting something without leaving a mark.

And munchlax is gen 4, right? So i'd prefer to assume it doesn't exist...

And as much as I hate this pokemon debate, I just think the majority of 4th and 5th were uninventive and mashed together from whatever ideas they had left and whatever was lying around in the immediate vicinity. Honeycombs and bells can't be passed off as organisms... and it's not a nostalgia thing, i really wanted to get into 4th, if only to give me something to do, but it was just plain awful... 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:18:27 PM by Jackalope »

Offline Carlissa

What? I liked Sawk and Throh! I guess that just comes down to opinion at the end, but... yeah...

Funny thing is that I did think the exact same thing as you when I saw them.

Throh: "Rubber Ducklett, you're the one! You make bathtimes so much fun!"

Sawk: "Throh! Hurry up and get ready! We're suppost to go out for Vanillites tonight!"

Throh: "Oh, that's right! Don't forget to bring along your Lampent! It's not safe to walk in the dark without light!"

Offline Shihong

Honeycombs and bells can't be passed off as organisms...

True...but where does that leave Pokemon like Magnemite, Voltorb, and Porygon?

Offline Carlissa

Porygon was a man-made Pokemon, so that explains that.

I'm not sure about the other two, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for the future generations to be uncreative...

I mean, do you really have to rely on so many man-made influences to design your Pokemon? This was one of the reasons why I didn't like Gen 5. There were too many Pokemon based off of man-made things to make it believeable that they were wild monsters... I would rather eat an ice cream cone than battle with one, after all.

EDIT

And munchlax is gen 4, right? So i'd prefer to assume it doesn't exist...

It's not that they don't exist, it's just that the setting takes place in Kanto and Johto, where 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen Pokemon are not found. As Acid said in his first post, this RP takes place after the anime, whereas Ash and Gary were real people. And the last time I checked, Ash and Gary owned 4th gen Pokemon, so...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:45:22 PM by Carlissa »

Offline Jackalope

I agree about porygon, but Magnemite and voltorb are kinda like robots :P which is pretty cool, at least. I mean, you're right, they're silly but it's still better than a bronze coin or garbage...

Don't overthink it guys. The rules were supposed to be very simple.

There is no Munchlax in Gen 1 or 2 (another reason why I refuse to do Gen 3/4/5, they keep retconning stuff. You'd think that if Kanto Trainers had Snorlaxes, they'd also have Munchlaxes/Magby/Igglybuff/etc. Nope! Not in Pokemon lore.)

He can have a Snorlax and I can have a Mantine. It's not a big deal. Also I didn't even know Mantine had a pre-evolution. As far as I know, Mantine doesn't have one in Gen 2 so whatever.

And ice cream cone Pokemon?!

What's it called? I need to see this.

Oh yeah, because every single Gen 1 and 2 pokemon was absolutely perfect.

Every single generation, 1 through 5, has always had it's good and it's bad. I swear, Pokemon fans wear some of the most hardcore nostalgia glasses out of any fanbase I've ever seen before in my life outside of Sonic fans. Compare all the awesome Gen 5 pokemon to the dumb ones, and you'll find the good FAR outweighing the bad, and say what you will, Gen 5 didn't have Bidoof, the dumbest pokemon design ever.

And what do you have against the candle pokmeon? It's final evolution actually looks pretty badass.

Glad we agree actually. All Generations have pokmeon that look just plain silly as well as pokemon that look awesome.
I really like all of those Pokemon with the exception of Golbat, which was kind of meh. <_<

Anyway guys, OOC is going up within the hour.

Offline SargentToughie

do a google image search for vanillish.

yes, it's real.

Offline Shihong

I know there have been signs of regular animals in the Pokemon universe, so they probably don't eat them generally, but I have to wonder if anyone ever thought to make a Vanilluxe sundae topped off with some Tropius bananas and Surskit syrup.

Offline Carlissa

He can have a Snorlax and I can have a Mantine. It's not a big deal. Also I didn't even know Mantine had a pre-evolution. As far as I know, Mantine doesn't have one in Gen 2 so whatever.

Fine, but I still don't like it that your allowing Snorlax to be a starting Pokemon. Even without the influence of the games, Snorlax is still considered a very powerful Pokemon, even in the anime he's considered to be on the same leve as 3rd evolution level Pokemon. It doesn't matter if he's at a low level, it's still a Snorlax... The guy's a monster, no matter how you look at it. But it's your RP, your rules. I'm just trying to give you some imput.

Offline Smoothtrooperette

I like all generations of Pokemon...  Because it's fucking Pokemon.  That's all the reasoning I need.    My two favorites from Gen V.  I dislike a few of them, but not enough to turn me off completely from the franchise/generation.  There's always a gem in each gen. 

That being said...

Name: Dunya Vogel
Orientation: Homosexual, but fairly asexual
Specialty: Ground Pokemon

Appearance: Short and lean.  Her face is thinned out and her cheekbones are set high.  With bright blue eyes and shaggy blond hair, she doesn't look half bad.  Normally, she's found in a pair of faded black jeans, ripped at the knees and bottom.  Her black boots are scuffed- but look fairly comfortable, not coming up too high, but providing the support needed for hiking long distances.  Her shirt's a button up white blouse; her jacket is black and a few accents of gold.  Set on her nose is a pair of thin black rimmed glasses that she relies heavily on.

Personality: Dunya's just your average woman.  She's not the best battler, but has no problem holding her own.  She's fairly happy, but isn't loud and obnoxious about it.  Normally, she prefers to remain quiet and only speak up when spoken to-- But she's been known to start a conversation with someone if she wants to talk to them.  The young woman's characterized by a soft smile and a gentle gaze; along with some terrible indecisiveness at times.

Sort of a homebody, Dunya never left to challenge the league when she was younger.  She chose, instead, to learn how to become a Pokemon breeder.  Finding that this wasn't what she wanted to do, however, she turned her attention towards being a doctor.  Once more, she found herself fairly uninterested with the career path and changed her goal once again.  With everything that's going on outside of Viridian City, the young woman decided that she'd go out on her own adventure and challenge the league.  Mainly, she just wishes to find out about herself and see if she has the ability to stick with something to the end.

Starting Pokemon: A young Cubone by the name of Cub who acts as Dunya's protector, much to her dismay. Tied around his neck is an old ripped up red scarf.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:52:39 PM by Smoothtrooperette »

Offline aya

Character Sign-up Sheet:
Name: Audrey Taylor
Specialty: Defensive Pokemon
Appearance:
Personality: Carefree, and has an almost superhuman lack of ambition. Audrey is the type of person you expect to find napping at any time of day, or the first one to rest while on the road. She is generally happy and aloof, unless you're interrupting her in the middle of a much needed break. The only times when she is remotely serious are when pokemon are involved- the reason she became a trainer in the first place.

Notoriously lazy and often called the 'Nap Queen' by her friends, Audrey had an average life growing up. With her personality, she was definitely not cut out for any normal job, if anyone would even take her. When she had become of age to have her own pokemon, Audrey finally found something that interested her. She decided to become a pokemon trainer then, to be able to travel and see new sights- practically a vacation. Along the way, Audrey picked up cooking partly as a hobby, and partly as necessity, to feed both herself and her pokemon.
Starting Town: Vermilion City.

Starting Pokemon: Slowpoke
Nickname: Pokey
Personality: Taking after his master, and named for it, Lazy is just what his name implies. He prefers to spend his time curled up in the warm sunlight, either napping or lazing about.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:29:37 PM by aya »

Offline Frank Reshman

So, I edited my character info. Lemme know if I'm approved.

Also, I feel like bug pokemon have very few attacks to choose from in Gen II.  For example, my Scyther can't learn any bug moves, despite being a Bug pokemon.  And he only learns one flying move (two if you count Fly, which he instinctively knows in this RP.)  Are you having it so they only learn moves from Gen II? Or is it just pokemon from Gen II?

Offline SargentToughie

Moves from gens 3 and up don't exist anymore, something that I personally find kinda strange, but whatever. GM's rules. No real skin off my nose.

Offline Frank Reshman

Moves from gens 3 and up don't exist anymore, something that I personally find kinda strange, but whatever. GM's rules. No real skin off my nose.

Yeah, it's not a huge deal breaker or anything for me, I was just wondering.  Especially considering TM moves are out.  Still, Scyther is a cool pokemon, so I'm not switching to another one, haha.

Offline SargentToughie

TMs are out too? I missed that...

Um, I know I'm just asking questions and stirring the pot again, but... why? I know a website where you can easily check to see if certain 'mons can learn certain TM moves. I would be more then willing to do the legwork on that angle if it means more player choice and freedom.

Offline Lusa

Ahaha, I am going to have so much fun trying to get by with a Pokemon that starts with only Poison Sting and String Shot. Poor thing doesn't even learn Scary Face until level 6.

Edit: Whoops! Just caught the part about the first four moves. Yay! I cheered myself up.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 03:55:48 AM by Lusa »

Offline SargentToughie

I won't be much better if the GM ever gets back to me with my question making sure that Dratani's alright for an intro pokemon. Leer, wrap, and thunder wave?

Oh yes... This is gonna be rough.

Offline Frank Reshman

I won't be much better if the GM ever gets back to me with my question making sure that Dratani's alright for an intro pokemon. Leer, wrap, and thunder wave?

Quit yer whining!  My scyther only gets Leer and Quick Attack as starting moves.  On the plus side, if we're taking just the first four moves they can learn, I also get Focus Energy and Pursuit.  So...two quick attacks, a buff and a debuff.  Woo!

Offline Lusa

I feel much better now that I read that, haha. Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face, and Constrict. Not too bad, but poor little Ariados probably won't be very effective against..well, any other Pokemon really. But, that's what I'm going for, a struggle! No fun starting out all-powerful! <3

Offline Shihong

I think the thing to remember is that this game isn't just going by game mechanics.  In-Game something like constrict or thunder wave aren't going to end a fight, but in the cartoon "paralyzed" can mean as good as victory.

Offline Carlissa

I think the thing to remember is that this game isn't just going by game mechanics.  In-Game something like constrict or thunder wave aren't going to end a fight, but in the cartoon "paralyzed" can mean as good as victory.

Actually, from a competitive standpoint, having a paralyzed Pokemon on your team has a realy big impact on your chances of winning. You would be suprised how much status effects can affect a match...

Offline aya

Darn, no TMs. But I guess from a freeform view it doesn't really matter. Changed my pokemon to slowpoke so he can win fights by boring people to death.

Rules:
1. No Legendaries.
3. No Evolved Pokemon.

Offline Frank Reshman

I think what he was wondering was if you were counting Dratini (a psuedo-legendary) as a legendary pokemon.

Dratini is a wannabe legendary, so it's acceptable in this RP.

Still accepting people for this RP.

Offline SargentToughie

Awesome, but you never got back to me about my offer to do the leg work for when people want TMs. They're a pretty huge part of pokemon, and banning them seems kinda silly.

TMs are out too? I missed that...

Um, I know I'm just asking questions and stirring the pot again, but... why? I know a website where you can easily check to see if certain 'mons can learn certain TM moves. I would be more then willing to do the legwork on that angle if it means more player choice and freedom.

They might be a big part of the games, but not the anime or manga and this RP is going to be more in line with the anime/manga.

Offline SargentToughie

Alright. According to the wiki page for the anime, TMs might not exist, but the pokemon CAN still learn TM moves through diligent training and practice.

Is that acceptable?

Offline aya

I'm sure you can do a lot of things as you progress in the RP. You can blow away poison powder with gust in the anime, for crying out loud. I think you'll be relying on your imagination more rather than trying to play the RP like the games.

Offline SargentToughie

That's gonna be hard for me, seeing as how I've only played the games and never actually seen much of the anime... well, whatever. I'll wait for Acid to answer my most recent question, then I'll just shut up and make a character sheet already.

About time, I know.

Offline aya

I've never really watched much of it either (except what I remember as a kid), but I remember seeing that in one episode haha. Just trying to give an example of using imagination vs. just movesets. :)

Offline Carlissa

They might be a big part of the games, but not the anime or manga and this RP is going to be more in line with the anime/manga.

Umm... So this is based of a manga now too? Which one are you refering to exactly?...

Alright. According to the wiki page for the anime, TMs might not exist, but the pokemon CAN still learn TM moves through diligent training and practice.

Is that acceptable?

Just read the OOC yo. The information and how things are gonna work out is all there. I'm not doing TMs or HMs or stats or anything along that line in this RP.

You don't necessarily need to know anything about the anime or manga to do freeform combat in an RP.

For an example of the freeform combat used in the anime: Ash vs Gary Johto Leauge (AMV)

Umm... So this is based of a manga now too? Which one are you refering to exactly?...

I didn't say it was based off the manga series.

I'm sure you can do a lot of things as you progress in the RP. You can blow away poison powder with gust in the anime, for crying out loud. I think you'll be relying on your imagination more rather than trying to play the RP like the games.

This.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:27:59 PM by Acid »

Offline SargentToughie

Alright, alright. I'll shut my trap and get to work on a character sheet now. Done. Okay, and I know that this is likely getting extremely old by this point, but, you guessed it..

ONE MORE QUESTION
Your rules state that only Kanto Pokemon can be found in Kanto, and only Johto pokemon can be found in Johto, but what about the Kanto pokemon that cross over INTO Johto, there are a lot of them. Just from the first route there's Pidgey and Ratatta, both are Kanto pokemon that live in Johto. Are they not allowed to be found in Johto in this RP? I, of course, ask this question because I have a Dratini in the Johto region, which might be against Acid's rules.

Name: Julian Arrowind
Specialty: Dragon
Appearance:
Personality: Julian generally means well whenever he does something, he's got a good and honest heart, but sometimes he goes too far with his actions and ends up getting in over his head. He's the kind of guy that will rush in swinging a sword without thinking of the consequences if somebody he cares about is in danger. If a friend of his is having trouble with something, or if an innocent person is being forced to suffer, he finds it impossible to turn a blind eye. At times, he can come off as being overly self righteous, but generally, he's on the right side of the fight anyway whenever he does. Naturally, his overly instinctive desire to play the part of the knight in shining armor can make him rather easy to manipulate by members of the opposite sex. Being born and raised in Blackthorn city, the land of the dragons, he had a rather high expectation placed upon his head from a very early age, especially considering the fact that his mother is Clair herself, the Gym leader of Blackthorn city and the most powerful dragon tamer that the city ever produced outside of the legendary Lance.
Starting Town: Azalea town
Starting Pokemon: Dratini
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:17:37 PM by SargentToughie »

Offline summoner2183

Character Sign-up Sheet:
Name: Andrew Dalton

Specialty: Water/Fighting

Appearance:

Personality: Andrew grew up in Cianwood under the watchful eye of his parents who were actually retired Pokemon trainers, something that would make a mark on his life. He is helpful and friendly towards others, and always goes out of his way to make sure that everyone around him is not burdened with any kind of trouble at all.  Being close to the sea at all times as well as hanging out with the Pokemon that his parents had in his home made him have an affinity towards Water and Fighting Pokemon. His parents noted that although he has a good heart and has a very good temperament, he is quickly angered by those who abuses Pokemon and people, as well as people who disrespect women or make fun of Water and Fighting Pokemon. Andrew is also noted to be quite good in sensing if a person is lying or what the other person is going to do, due to his light training in martial arts. Some people joked that he might be psychic or something, which he really dislikes. Like trainers that likes fighting types, he feels a bit uncomfortable around Psychic Pokemon and their trainers though he is not a lunkhead or a jock who believes only in using close combat skills to win a fight. Another thing that is a quirk for Andrew is that he really likes people who are not, in his own terms honest with themselves and have a strong bond with their Pokemon.

Starting Pokemon: (1) Marrill
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 05:23:04 PM by summoner2183 »

7/8 Slots now.

Still accepting 1 more trainer for the Kanto region. Head on over to the OOC if you're considering joining the RP. http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=137448.0

Offline Carlissa

I didn't say it was based off the manga series.

Umm... You just said in a previous post that

Then what did you mean by this?

Offline Meliai

To be "In line with" something just means to be similar to it, not based off it...

Offline Carlissa

Ehh, you're right. I guess it was just the way I read it that was wrong. I thought that you were implying that there RP was following the story of both the anime and manga, in which couldn't be possible because the anime has no manga counterpart. Sorry 'bout that.

Offline summoner2183

Made my changes to my CS Acid.

Offline Meliai

Character Sign-up Sheet:

Name: Reilly Fox
Specialty: "Creepy"

Appearance: Reilly has dark, neatly combed hair that usually obscures her eyes and a nearly perpetual grin that is often described as unnerving.

Personality: Cheerfully morbid, Reilly was born and spent much of her early life in Lavender town. Her mother worked as a medium, claiming to communicate with the spirits of deceased Pokemon when their former companions came to mourn. She had no real powers, but was a skilled cold reader and worked with a Ghastly as her partner. Reilly developed a fervent interest in death, bones, and all the general minutiae that kids going through a "morbid" phase gravitate to, but her interest was always more academic than dramatic. She devoured any book event tangentially related to her subjects of interest, be it philosophical treatises on the afterlife or heavy tomes describing how the skeletal and muscular systems interact.

When she was 15 a scandal broke out when numerous former customers came forward to try and out Reilly's mother as a fraud. As countless shady dealings and questionable affairs came to light, Reilly's father petitioned for full custody and won. She moved with him to Fuchsia city where the next few years were much more peaceful. Seeing that she was having a rough time integrating with her new Step Mother and half-siblings Reilly's father, who had made an excellent income producing and selling antidotes to various poisons before the Purge, decided to indulge his daughter's fascination and purchased a rehabilitated Zubat that had been poached and eventually discarded by team rocket when it didn't take well to training.

Reilly has no real interest in battles (in fact she finds them rather cruel and barbaric) but has accepted the fact that she'll probably be partaking in plenty of them in her journeys. 

Reilly grew up relatively well adjusted, though she has mountains of trust issues and a highly skeptical nature due to the fact that she watched her mother constantly scam emotionally vulnerable people for much of her early life. She is very honest and has little tolerance for deceitful people, but respects others' privacy. Though her interest in the dark and creepy remains strong she's actually quite skittish when faced with a frightening scenario in real life; she's very nervous around Ghastly and its evolutions in general and completely terrified of her mother's in particular due to "terrify the ten-year-old" being one of his favorite hobbies when she was young. While she never grew out of her dark phase she did eventually learn to reign it in, at least a bit. She tends to unnerve people when she's not careful, but she can manage most social situations as long as she doesn't get distracted

Starting Pokemon: "Echo" - Zubat - Has a large nick in one ear and a black ribbon tied around his neck. Tends to bite anyone who tries to touch him and isn't Reilly.

Offline DemonLord FuriousPyro

I can't pass up a good Pokemon rp, so I decided to throw my hat in.

Character Sign-up Sheet: Name: Amy Kerensky
Specialty: Water/mixed water types
Appearance:

Personality: Can you say perky much? Amy is one of those "happy, happy, happy all the time" people, that usually annoys the heck out of everybody else. She seems to almost bounce and skip everywhere she goes, and talking all the while, like she's high on sugar or something. Given that fact, she's not afraid of anything, in fact, she's almost obvious to any danger from anything. She'll bound right up to complete strangers and just start chatting up a storm. She's also obvious to the fact that she irritates everybody around hrt, which means if you snap and yell at her, she'll hard blink an eye or pause.
Starting Pokemon: Seel (Water)

Name: Shar Kerensky

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YIg1TB943-I/TQW0vBuqF_I/AAAAAAAAABw/SGUeZqyMT7Q/s400/anime-girl_007-1-1-1.jpg

Personality: Some say her parents were guided when they named her. As she has grown into a strong, independant yet wise, and serious young woman. Her life has put her through tough challenegs in all walks of life and often she is scared from these hardships although she pulls through them. She doesnt speak much nor show much emotion but her actions towards her younger sister indicate that she has a caring side beneath her cold beautiful appearence. Her strongest belief, "success requires a little blood". Despite her cold outward glow, she treats her pokemon well. Not like pets or rather tools to be used to gain fame and tossed aside when no longer useful. She in fact rescued her Misdevious from an angry group of towns folk, single handedly. The incident required her to relocate with her younger, hyper sister Amy, but if she were given s second chance, shed do it all again.

Starter: Misdevious
Starting Town: Cinawood

Not accepting anymore CS. RP is full. I may reopen for submissions at a later date if a role opens up.

If interested in RPing a very minor role in the future, PM me.

Offline summoner2183

Re: [POKEMON] Semi-Realistic Pokemon RP. [8/8 Slots] FULL
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2012, 05:19:58 PM »
Uhhh so do I need to tweak my CS more or what?

« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2012, 05:19:32 AM »
It's full, you don't need to tweak anything.

Offline DemonLord FuriousPyro

« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2012, 11:53:40 PM »
Hey trainers