Retry to an old game of mine

Started by Mindhazingsquid, March 18, 2008, 05:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mindhazingsquid

I started this game last year and my writing partner left Elliquiy, some time has passed and I would like to try and do it again.

Here's the rundown, it's the future, not a long way into the future, but long enough (say, 100 years).  A forward thinking billionaire put forward his money to invest in the future of mankind.  Things hadn't changed a lot between now and then, so he got together the brightest and most physically capable scientists and hired them to help his expidition to the stars.  He made a sleeper ship to house many people he didn't question their past but he had two stipulations, they had to be healthy and couldn't be homosexual.  It wasn't that he had anything against homosexuality, but if they were going to have an active breeding population same sex relationships couldn't be allowed.  Once the collony was established and self sufficient things could go as they pleased, he said.

The scientists he chose were for initial setting up of the collony, they would explore and find all the dangers.  They would start with two scientists, a xenobiologist and a geologist, both of whom scored tops in survival training (maybe had military training.

What I am looking for is a partner (a girl partner please), to play the other half of the initial explorer duo.  It's going to be story driven more than sex driven but, who could pass up the chance to be the first people to have sex on an alien world?!  Hah hah.

My inspiration for this story is this http://www.extrasolar.net/image.asp?ImageID=115 site and this moon/world specificly.

Greenthorn

Wow, gorgeous picture, but alas, my own imagination would stink for the scenario ::)  Good luck, once you get someone I'll be reading! ;D

Mindhazingsquid

Thanks, I love the idea of an earth-like moon orbiting an ocean giant.

"Night" would be wonky though with lots of eqlipses and actual nights, night would vary in length depending on wether the moon was going towards the sun or away, probably indiginous life would probably ignore day and night or perhaps they would be like in "Pitch Black" and nocturnal things hide during the day and diurnal things hide during the night.  an eqlipse 'night' would probably also be wintery.

Though it would probably also depend on how far out the orbit is.

Greenthorn

Hmmmm and I would assume you mean the entire "moon" would be thrown into night or day, not just a side of it, like earth?  By the picture it would seem that 1/2 was in night the other in day.  With rotation, if it's extremely slow, taking months for night to turn to day, creatures (assuming you were going this route) could even go into hibernation in the long, cold, wintry nightfall and during the months of daylight they become voracious eaters. Oh, oh, oh, oh...you can put more of a sci-fi spin on it and have a creature who figured out that most creatures hibernate during those nightfalls and it has adapted/evolved and now hunts during the night.  This world would be a dangerous place during the night OR day.

Okay, lemme go and shut up now and stick to playing the Alphabet Association Game  :-[

Mindhazingsquid

Well, that's the thing, when the moon was on the day side of the planet it would have a day night cycle similar to Earth (depending on the speed it rotates).  It would also be eqlipsed by the jovian for days or months depending on the speed of it's orbit.

As for the rest, it's exactly so.  I welcome your input even if you don't want to play.  I like realism so things like this are best hashed out early.

Mindhazingsquid

Well, if no gals are interested are any guys?  Hah hah.

Xanaphia

Hmm... Let me get this straight... There's a Xenobiologist and a geologist out on the living moon along exploring and researching, yes? And this is basically just playing out what happens?
Hmm... I could be into this.
I'll give it a try if you're up to dealing with me. xP

Mindhazingsquid

Basicly, yeah.  The xenobiologist is there to study plants and animals to see if they're dangerous, edible or what.  The geologist is there to determine if there are tectonic dangers and study the earth and to see if there's usable minerals.  They have some skill in the other's field, just in case.

So, which do you want to be?  Hah hah

Xanaphia

Probably the Xenobiologist... I can do the geologist, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to do it justice... I could probably describe plants and creatures better than the movment of tectonic plates.... xP

Mindhazingsquid

So, do you have an idea of your character?  What's she like and all that?

Should I start?

Xanaphia

I see her as being quiet, reserved, calm.
Doesn't talk a whole lot, concentrates on work more than she probably should...
Hmm, would you mind starting?