You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:18:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Nintendo Wii  (Read 1716 times)

Offline ZK

Re: Nintendo Wii
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »
Physics on that caliber isn't tied into graphics, making things explode prettily are though. And I have no actual internet sources, My ex-boss seen it at his last conference in beta stages at his convention all the managers of GameStop go. Think of it as an E3 but private.

The Wii version looks like crap in comparison to the others, but the guts of all three seem to be the same.

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 07:55:58 PM »
It needs processing power, and while I trust you there ZK, I'll wait until I see a source on that.

Offline ZK

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 08:48:32 PM »
The Wii doesn't lack a lot in processing power, it does when it comes to graphic wise, but in terms.

We'll see this for the Wii version, nice physics, despite everything being indistinguishable from the other. :/

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
Hopefully it will be full Wiimote control. The lightsabre mimmicking the controls perfectly will make the game.

Offline Avi

• I'll show you how to soar.
  • On Hiatus
  • Enchanter
  • Flying by the seat of his pants...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2008, 11:48:10 AM »
Sadly, it's just being mapped. :(  I hope it's a decent scheme, because I know Red Steel sucked...

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »
If they pull the same thing they did with Zelda (Wiimote activating mapped out attacks) then I will be seriously pissed off. I could see them realistically mapping enemy death animations with Wiimote simulation for the characters weapon(s) I'll dig around the corners of IGN for an official source.

Offline ZK

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »
I actually enjoyed Red Steel, despite the sword-play in the game. Although the best FPS in the genre for the Wii is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

But I found it funny how in Red Steel I could snipe someone in the head with a pistol (at any range), but miss with all the other weapons.

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 07:07:41 PM »
http://au.media.wii.ign.com/media/885/885367/vid_2263636.html

Damn, it looks great! Sure, chunky and smudged, but they said they have a team devoted to Wiimote control :)

Offline Fullmetal Ky

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2008, 06:45:59 PM »
The Nintendo Wii is an interesting console for a number of reasons. Iíve seen firsthand that Nintendo have managed to reach a demographic of potential gamers in the people who donít play typical console games. For example the last game my stepfather played was Mario Brothers, but heís been playing Tiger Woods on our Nintendo Wii on and off when the fancy takes him. Iíve heard similar reports from other people.

Unfortunately Iím mostly a PC gamer and have a 360 myself, so the Wii is used for messing about with friends and not for any serious gaming.