You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:23:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Backlash against Sandra Fluke  (Read 7387 times)

Offline Torch

• Pay no attention to the woman behind the curtain/Trieste's sarcasm buddy
  • Suspended
  • Enchanter
  • "Soul meets soul on lovers' lips." P.B. Shelley
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Backlash against Sandra Fluke
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2012, 01:59:23 PM »
Not at all. Gynecology is a more well developed discipline but to presume that this implies the male reproductive system is simpler or in need of less care does not logically follow.

I don't believe anyone is suggesting anything of the sort. Men and women should have equal access to health care across the board.

However, in the strictest biological sense (please note: I do not mean psychologically, emotionally, financially, or any other way) a human male's participation in the reproductive process begins, and more to the point, ends with ejaculation. A human female's participation in the process is far more lengthy and complex, and therefore does deserve a greater degree of care and attention.

Offline MasterMischief

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2012, 03:52:17 PM »
On a note from another series of post, I would agree that an option for military service in lue of jail or prison time would be an excellent option and should be one. Although I know many will disagree with me, I would go so far as to suggest that a manditory term of military service would do our whole country well as a means of giving our young (and the last 3 or 4 generations) a sense of discipline, what it means to be American and just what our forefathers (and mothers) have given for us to be able to NOT appreciate them.

I served in the Army for eight years.  I am not so sure forced service would instill a sense of appreciation.  Also, forcing people to serve (leaving out the argument that many lower income individuals really have few other options and are effectively being forced as it is) I believe would likely erode morale.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2012, 05:02:16 PM »
I was watching the Situation Room on CNN (for a class project) and Senator Murkowski (R) commented on her perception that the current trends that the GOP was working (unintentionally) on alienating women voters as well as regretting her recent backing of the party line on the contraception issues on the senate floor.

So, at least some of the GOP are thinking it seems.