You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 12:56:47 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Occupy Spring?  (Read 2057 times)

Online Callie Del Noire

Re: Occupy Spring?
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 05:22:02 PM »
Doubt that it will matter overmuch. Every time that convention protests have happened, police have found ways to cut them off at the knees.

Money remains the most important asset in politics. CU v FEC blew the floodgates open. Any effort for reform is gonna get drowned in election graft.

We shall see. I already see people pushing for ways to 'fix' CU. It rolled back a century of campaign reform.

Offline Singularity

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
Quote from: Callie Del Noire
We shall see. I already see people pushing for ways to 'fix' CU. It rolled back a century of campaign reform.
Despite his recent reversal on the use of Super PACs, Obama, unfortunately, is the only realistic path to getting CU overturned. If re-elected there is a chance that one of the USSC conservatives will keel over or change their mind.

The only other option is a Constitutional amendment or an entirely new Constitution, and both are nearly impossible to conceive happening.
[/font]

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 06:09:16 PM »
Despite his recent reversal on the use of Super PACs, Obama, unfortunately, is the only realistic path to getting CU overturned. If re-elected there is a chance that one of the USSC conservatives will keel over or change their mind.

The only other option is a Constitutional amendment or an entirely new Constitution, and both are nearly impossible to conceive happening.
[/font]

Check out the amendment Bernie Sanders is pushing out to the public.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 07:26:57 PM »
Bernie's amendment is gaining some serious ground.  Heck, he's not even my Senator, and I'm on his mailing list to keep updated on it.

This is going to sound a little odd, but the one good thing about my impending move is that I'll be landing in a town with a fairly well-established Occupy group.

Online Callie Del Noire

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »
Bernie's amendment is gaining some serious ground.  Heck, he's not even my Senator, and I'm on his mailing list to keep updated on it.

This is going to sound a little odd, but the one good thing about my impending move is that I'll be landing in a town with a fairly well-established Occupy group.

Same here. I figure that he's taking the lead.. and like I said in the past.. I want elected leaders.. not party line dancers.