3 Game/stories starting concurrently; players welcomed.

Started by Kazae, March 04, 2008, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazae

Menagerie is a fantasy campaign themed on the concept of traditional d20; the concept differs in that, instead of kicking down doors, killing monsters, and taking their stuff, capture and retrieval are the name of the game.  Patrons are varied and eccentric, profits are potentially huge, and ethics may be the one thing that holds the protagonists back...if they do not push them to the fore.

Ambition of Hunters - Menagerie will be the default game - closest to 'by the books' gaming, with the nature of what is sought being neither blatantly open or overtly obscured.  Requirements are basic d20/AD&D knowledge for regular players, or in the event that someone wishes to be a 'monster', a PM expressing said interest.

Menagerie: Predator/Play will be the dark take on the setting (and yes, that's a deliberate engrish play on words), which will feature violence, possible loss of limb and life, and very non-bright shades of grey, in both morality and tone.  Character approvals must be granted, and for this game I would appreciate either a sample of, or a link to your most visceral work to date.  Squeamishness is not an option.  Willing Victims who can also play vicious monsters are highly desirable.

Menagerie No Bakemono-hime will be the very unashamedly silly nearly free-form game, equal parts Elven Bride and Pokemon, with a heaping helping of Slayers on top.  Characters are not to be manually created; rather, find a bar-code and supply it to me, or go to http://pcbuilder.sourceforge.net/ and enter it in.  Before I accept, you must supply me the barcode for verification, and as I will be determining the campaign code for the game, there may be changes to your stats.  However, using the source of the barcode as part of your character's name will get you a GM's boon; an extra boon for deft usage of the name and the supplied background as part of the character concept.  Monster characters are an option, as well.

Sidestories, flashbacks, and such are welcome as well, with the lone caveat being a chance to see it before posting.  The setting is for both game running and for stories that might spring forth from the game itself.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...

sciencemile

Howdy, will be shortly sending you my character description, but for now, here is a sample of one of my works:

http://sciencemile.deviantart.com/art/The-Grey-Spectre-Volume-1-50756213

Also, is the requirement for a barcode only for the third game, or for all of them?

(I wish to play in the 2nd Game)

Kazae

Quote from: sciencemile on March 04, 2008, 12:41:44 PM
Howdy, will be shortly sending you my character description, but for now, here is a sample of one of my works:

http://sciencemile.deviantart.com/art/The-Grey-Spectre-Volume-1-50756213

Also, is the requirement for a barcode only for the third game, or for all of them?

(I wish to play in the 2nd Game)

Only for the third.  I'll be posting the initial posts in each of the three games in a moment.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...