You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 12:00:17 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Zombie Roleplay Idea....? Anyone Interested?  (Read 319 times)

Offline AnaeriaTopic starter

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: In Your House, Scaring Your Monsters To Death...Naw, I'm in Canada, eating you're Syrup!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Zombie Roleplay Idea....? Anyone Interested?
« on: February 29, 2012, 01:05:53 AM »
Excerpt from a diary found in the middle of a pool of dried blood in the middle of a deserted road.

August 17th, 2012;

".....They're everywhere now, God I can't stand this anymore! I watched a little girl get torn to shreds ths morning form my neighbours yard, she was the last one left on our street besides me and I just....I can't take it anymore. If anyone finds this, anyone who still lives, please God just don't go into the cities...."

It's been six months since the first outbreak. Six months that shouldn't have happened. It started as a simple outbreak of the flu, just a simple one that doctors treated, as always, with medications and shots that apparently....did nothing. Everything went so fast though, once the person went into cardiac arrest for no reason. At first it was just a few people, maybe a half dozen, who came into the emergency wards one day or afternoon. According to a television broadcast, the symptoms started as just flu-like symptoms; stuffed up nose, bloodshot eyes, headaches and nausea that lasted for days on end and grew worse as the hours went by.

It quickly went downhill after the fourth day, when black fluid began to form within the lungs, making breathing difficult, and joints began to swell until mobitility was impossible for the victims and they became bedridden, most having to be placed on life support. 24 hours after the fluid began forming and fever reached it's peak, the patient was effectively brain dead and all organs stopped. They never awakened again. As humans that is....

It took less than four hours after all of the bodies' organs stopped, before the zombie rose. The swelling was horrendous by then, whatever virus or disease it was that caused this....Reanimation, just kept on regenerating inside the corpses, causing tissue decay that was only slightly lessened than if it had been a regular corpse that didn't move...and didn't kill anything it could get it's cramped hands and gnawing mouths on.

It took less than six weeks before the cities were no longer safe. The stupid CDC and various health organizations sent out bulletins urging people to go to the cities, saying they had containment facilities that were safe...all it took was one bite though. One, single molecule of disease passing into a cut or a scraped piece of skin. The cities are now dens of the dead.

And it was two months before those who survived figured out that the only way to survive was to lock themselves away, 'kill' the things that used to be friends and family members....and to find food and safe waters to drink in order to live.

It's only been six months now since the cities and the surrounding lands became unsafe. People with RV's, with horses or motorcycles or trucks, those who have survived, have started to find each other. Have started to band together and protect each other. Each one has a story. Each one has a will to live that burns bright.....and each one, even the children who are able to, have taken down the things that hunt them whenever it was needed. There's one person who knows the cause of the disease. She worked for the plant that had created it, and had studied it for longer than her other, now dead coworkers, and had discovered what it was that had . One person who still lives and knows what caused the pandemic worldwide. She's the only one that does know....and now she's looking for help. She needs people to help her get into one of the worst infested places in the world in order to get the equipment needed to create the vaccine that will effectively kill the flesh eating horrors that exist now when they shouldn't be any more than an imagination gone wild.

In a World that's Ended.

That's my idea basically. The story won't revolve around the scientist, possibly except when the others first join into her group. I'd like to start with four people, her not included, though we could add more as we go along. She'll have a Safehouse kind of deal, I'll post that a bit later though I will say it'll be like a really well fenced in half acre of land with a house attached to a garage that's been well reinforced with metal plating on what was the windows, just in case. The inside of the building will be in the next post.

Now, the scientist woman herself won't be going far, she'll most likely end up staying at the Safehouse due to an injury or something equally slowing, so the group that forms will be the ones to go out into the city eventually, but we'll get to that later on, the beginning will be more along the lines of finding the Safehouse, getting in and learning what the 'doc' has to say, then going from there....

Does it seem interesting?? Let me hear some feedback please!!! Anyone up for joining??  Let me know~~!

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: In Your House, Scaring Your Monsters To Death...Naw, I'm in Canada, eating you're Syrup!
  • View My Rolls
Re: Zombie Roleplay Idea....? Anyone Interested?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »
I was thinking that the house could be similar to this one here, with a few worded adjustments:

The house itself is rancher style, and the garage section on it is the least protected section of the entire compound BUT it can hold seven small vehicles or three or four medium to large ones.

The house part is not actually part of a 'home' anymore but more of an addition to the bunker section. It's chalk full of supplies that can be moved fast, set up in boxes and dollies, weapons and the like. The main entrance to the Underground is through the basement of the house, which is left clear at all times, and has a twelve inch steel plated door lined with lead, which can be closed and sealed from the inside only. There is also another entrance, which is always sealed since the outbreak, the animal loading doors, which lead up a ramp on the side of the main building.

The entire property is surrounded by eight foot chain link fencing that has an extra two feet buried underground to prevent something or someone from digging or somehow finding their way under the fencing. The top of it is ringed with thick barbed wire.

The underground is much better. Well equipped with multiple floors of plant growing areas in case of a nuclear incident that seals off the outside, two holding floors for cattle and livestock, of which there are currently only three cows and two dozen chickens, and the living quarters at the side-middle two levels, with the last two levels being store rooms of canned goods, seeds, equipment for growing food and feed for the livestock in the cemented section to the left of the top two levels, as well as various other items such as clothing, blankets, toiletries etc. As well, the generators for power and electricity are down below, and the lights set into the ceilings and such are designed to be like small suns, giving plenty of light and the vitamins that the human and animal body alike needs. It's a perfect safe house.

A history of the house:

It used to be owned by a rich billionair, before the Infection. Apparently, before  the zombies became reality, the man who lived here was famous for books  on survival in the worst environments, a few movies on such things as survival and adventure in extreme areas of the world, and a great set of investments in stocks and bonds and the like. Enough to build his own 'little bomb shelter'. He spent six years just getting the plans built, finding the perfect place to build it, then another seven to actually build it. He had just finished stocking up on supplies and the like when the first Infected became news. A week later he rode out on a horse to inspect some land around the estate...he never returned alive.

The scientist, Isanya MacKenzie, found the place a week after the guy left it, managed to scale the fence, as no little risk to herself, and has since taken over the place, working at keeping the livestock alive and well in the bunker, and fortifying the Safehouse with as much weaponry as she can, all the while keeping an eye out for the 'herds' of walking dead who seemed to pass by frequently, since the land itself is near one of the larger towns, and thus not nearly so immune to the presence of the dead as it could have been, say, up in the mountains.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:51:15 AM by Anaeria »

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
Re: Zombie Roleplay Idea....? Anyone Interested?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 01:06:36 AM »
~~~RESERVED~~~