You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 10:02:16 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Necessary Evil (M&M 3e)  (Read 403 times)

Offline AoifeTopic starter

Necessary Evil (M&M 3e)
« on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:48 AM »
The evil you know... is probably, maybe, better than the evil you don't.

A dying trans-dimensional alien race has sacked Earth, destroying many major cities and, virtually to a man, wiped out the superhero population of Earth. The previous defenders of humanity are dead, and what remains is a world bleak and devoid of hope.  Despite a huge toll of losses on the part of the Invaders (as humanity refers to them), there were still far too many to hold back with mere conventional forces - not to mention the severe blow to morale when humanities champions fell. On their last legs, and with no other option, the UN passed a series of legislation that is one of the most controversial ever established - Proposition 66.

In a flash, super-villains were freed from their cells, asylums, and unique holding facilities, on one condition: defend humanity. Any outstanding charges against them have been dropped, and they will be deputized as full Heroes under existing conventional licenses.  Whether this is turning the Earth over to a known evil, rather than a foreign one, remains to be seen.

So, given a prior attempt to start up a dark and horror themed game, I thought I'd go with something a bit more silly/fun.  Having just enjoyed Megamind and The Incredibles again, I figure a light-hearted sort of romp could be more than a little fun. This game is FAR from serious, and there will be no plans for anything dark in the slightest.  Mostly horrible one-liners, puns, and various silliness. Think proper pulp superheroes, and you're on the right track.

Characters need to provide the following:

Villain Name:
Past Crimes:
Evil Vice: (Long Monologues, Tendency to Evil Laughter, Irrational Need to Kick Puppies) - This is something that, without a good explanation, you will need to do when the opportunity presents itself. Not everything about being a villain can be put aside so easily.
Posting Rate: (Ideally once a day at least)
Brief Summary of Powers:

Remember, I'm not asking for a sheet.  I'm going to cherry-pick the ideas that, to my mind, fit the theme the best.

Offline ShadowFox89

Re: Necessary Evil (M&M 3e)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 06:50:09 PM »
 Mehehehahahahahaha....
 *ahem*
 Sorry, was practicing my evil laugh.... This looks interesting, could do with a bit of a silly game. What sort of expectations of the game were you looking for? Combat?

I may go and make a villain who uses one of these things, possibly basing the character on the Goa'uld.

Offline Callie Del Noire

Re: Necessary Evil (M&M 3e)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 07:19:43 PM »
I'd do more like this