You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 04:05:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: spellchecker  (Read 526 times)

Offline TaymynxTopic starter

spellchecker
« on: January 27, 2012, 01:12:50 PM »
So, how come I run the spellchecker, fix the words I have messed up, come back later and scan the posts only to find the typos there that I had told spellchecker to change?   What am I doing wrong here?
I hate leaving typos to drive the people reading nuts.
 :-[

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: spellchecker
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:02:07 PM »
Are you making sure to save/post after spell checking?

Offline JackWhite

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 04:34:08 AM »
Have you ended the spellcheck of your post or just exited halfway through? If you quit early it doesn't change mistakes.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 07:54:36 AM »
Ok, after I finish writing I run spellchecker before I post, let it run to the end, then view the post, and the post the post
Now I am using the spellchecker to find the word in question and then clicking onto my post area and manually correcting it. Seems like it would be easier to just proof, but proofing yourself has always overlooked some typos for me.
Sooooo....

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
The next time this happens after you've run the spell check and it tells you it hasn't found any errors or has fixed all the errors and click Okay leave the errors and send a PM to Veks with the link to the post.  DO NOT MANUALLY CORRECT THE ERRORS.  LEAVE THEM THERE FOR VEKS TO SEE.

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:28:46 PM »
Thanks all,...and I will then Beguile's  :P