You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 02:06:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: "My Topics" suggestion  (Read 843 times)

Offline TriesteTopic starter

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
"My Topics" suggestion
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:53:18 AM »
I use the 'my topics' function to keep track of my threads and post in 'em and stuff, but I notice it shows on the right who started the thread, but not who the last post was from. Is there any way to add this info? A lot of the time I'll sort through and read posts, then ponder a response for a while, and then I lose track of which ones have been replied to, or if a new reply has gone up ... it'd just be useful if you could go to the my topics tab and see who the last person to post in each thread was instead of clicking all over the place.

:)

Offline BK Geno

• Archdragon of the Stalker Collective
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I AM NOT A LIZARD! It is dragon, DRAGON!!!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: "My Topics" suggestion
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 02:05:20 AM »
Click on the link, and then look to the far right, it will say who the last poster was, and when they posted, but only in the forum, sadly.

While I agree it would be useful, I am not sure if it really needs to be corrected, as the thread lights up when there is a new post.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 02:07:22 AM by BK Geno »

Offline Jeramiahh

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:07:05 AM »
You'll notice the ones in pink have new replies to them; also, you can check the page, in the section at the top "View unread replies to my posts", which will show all threads you've posted in, that have new replies. Also, keeping count of the number of replies, if it's a one-on-one, will tell you if a post has been made without opening it; odd if you started it, even if you didn't, means there's a new reply.

Offline TriesteTopic starter

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
*nod* I notice they're in pink when there's a new post. But I have a habit of accidentally marking stuff read, or reading a thread, then wandering off to think about a response, then forgetting what I was going to respond to. It's me being a scatterbrain, no big deal, but I thought I'd toss the suggestion out there. :P

Offline Rydia

• Jenova's Witness; First Church of the One-Winged Angel
  • Deverified
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 05:50:13 PM »
You'll notice the ones in pink have new replies to them; also, you can check the page, in the section at the top "View unread replies to my posts", which will show all threads you've posted in, that have new replies. Also, keeping count of the number of replies, if it's a one-on-one, will tell you if a post has been made without opening it; odd if you started it, even if you didn't, means there's a new reply.

Actually, it's even if *YOU* start it.

Person A opens a thread.
Person B replies, making the first response.
Person A replies to Person B's post, making the second response.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 01:41:05 AM »
Regardless of who starts it or not, I still feel like this would be useful. The pink highlight goes away once you read the thread, and I personally don't always reply to my games when I first get the response. True, you can keep count of which games are started by you and which ones by your partner, but having a little blurb saying who the last reply was from would make it much simpler.

Offline Amberghylles

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 03:04:51 AM »
You can 'mark unread' which will close the post but leave it pink to let you know it needs a reply.  I use this a lot myself.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 03:28:02 AM »
... That is a good point, and one I hadn't thought to use. ;D Thanks.