You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 10:36:10 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Page Break...  (Read 541 times)

Offline MagicalPenTopic starter

Page Break...
« on: January 13, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
Two things, really.

First thing - how do you enter a page break? Aka eliminate text wrapping around an image, short of hitting 'enter' a gazillion times to create the space? I *KNOW* there is a command for it, I've used it before, I just don't know it off hand and nor does anyone I have asked.

Secondly, since I haven't seen a sticky on it, would it be possible to create a STICKY with all the tips and tricks for formatting a post on E? I think i remember a post about how to use Tables and Columns, but maybe a general thread with all the goodies in it would be VERY useful!

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Page Break...
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 09:03:13 AM »
Posting an image without using the 'floatleft' or 'floatright' feature will keep the image on a line of it's own.  None of the text will appear beside the the image, only above and/or below.

To display an image to one side of the page with text beside it use the float codes in the preview menu of options.

A tutorial that helps with formatting a post on E might be something that can be done.  Thank you for the suggestion.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »
Yes, I am familiar with the 'Float' commands (i use them everytime I post an image).

This is my issue:

I have a whole bunch of text here, but it doesn't end at the bottom of the image.

I want the text on this line to start below the image, no matter the screenresolution. Is the only way to do so hitting ENTER or entering the [ br ] command the only way to do it? the [ hr ]  adds the desired line, but starts it from the side of the image.

Offline Avis habilis

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Wrap the content you want at the bottom in [ clearboth ] & [/ clearboth ]. The result is:

I have a whole bunch of text here, but it doesn't end at the bottom of the image.

I want the text on this line to start below the image, no matter the screenresolution. Is the only way to do so hitting ENTER or entering the [ br ] command the only way to do it? the [ hr ]  adds the desired line, but starts it from the side of the image.[/clearboth]

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 09:32:03 AM »
Thanks, Avis.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:12 AM »
Thanks Avis!

I knew it was [ clear.... ] but couldn't figure it out.

Offline Avis habilis

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:43:42 AM »
Glad to help. Although now I'm thinking maybe it's just [ clearboth ] & not the closing tag, because I see the [/clearboth] is visible at the end of that line.

You could probably also use clearleft to put stuff below anything that would appear to its left, & clearright for things on the right, but I haven't tried those yet.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »
Yep, i just went with [ clearboth ] since I'd rather have a clear line across the board.