You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:08:34 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Galaxy Nexus  (Read 493 times)

Offline SaffronTopic starter

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Galaxy Nexus
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:11 PM »
Does anyone have this phone? My SO just got a BlackBerry Storm and I'm looking to finally jump on the smartphone bandwagon. I can get this phone for $160 so I'm not too concerned about cost, I'm just looking to find some info from users on how it works for them. :-)

Offline Karma

Re: Galaxy Nexus
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 06:07:56 PM »
I have it and it's awesome. It's the best smartphone on the market at the moment, as it was intended to be.

Offline Martee

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »
I just got mine this weekend. I went in for the RAZR but for the same price they had the Galaxy Nexus, which already had the updated OS, larger screen, yadda yadda.

It's so fast. Mr. Martee has the iPhone 4 and he is wicked jealous of the Galaxy Nexus. I cannot believe the processing speed and memory in it- I once upon a time built a gaming computer with the same specs.

Oh my gosh, and the most adorable thing ever? The ringtones are all named for galaxies, and the notification tones after stars. Which also leads me to my one gripe: it doesn't have all the standard android ringtones. Minor quibble, as I know I can google around for them, but I was miffed I didn't have 'growl' available right out of the box.

Cool thing: Facelock! Look at the phone, it recognizes you and unlocks! How cool is that?

About damn time thing: The device isn't tied to one, and only one google account (like my tablet). Therefore, I can switch between gmail accounts on all the google apps.

Um. So can you tell I love the phone? And I don't even like cellphones!

Offline Karma

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »
Well, don't be fooled by the specs. These are low-power devices, and you won't get the same performance out of a dual core 1.2ghz mobile processor that you would out of a modern desktop equivalent. The GN is not a powerhouse, either; the Galaxy SII that's been out for a while is slightly more powerful in every way. The major difference is that the GN will have priority on all Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade schedules. The software will make up for the mildly outdated hardware, at least for a while

Offline Martee

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »
Well, I'm not trying to game on it- I don't even have Angry Birds installed  ;D  I just thought it was amusing, how much punch they can pack into these wee little cases, when I used to suck every watt I could out of a 350W power supply to keep all the case fans running.

4G is very zippy, though. I am well-pleased with the phone. A fair step up from my G1.

Offline SaffronTopic starter

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ I would have you, right here on this desk, until you begged for mercy twice. ღ
  • ღ Twice. ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. I think this will be my planned next phone, a great upgrade from my keyboard phone to my first smartphone in either case, I'm sure. ;D

Offline Karma

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »
When it comes time, I'd be happy to give you app recommendations. :)