Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animegurl5

"Thanks. I just came to ask you if you could keep my weapons in a corner somewhere out of my reach for a while. It appears I have been sleep walking again." The words were half way between a growl, a hiss and a yawn. She looked absolutely wretched and was surprised that Morrison would even look at her let alone offer her his hand. She took it gratefully though and allowed him to guide her in the direction of the medical wing. "This is pathetic. I can't believe that I am unable to sleep in the same room as my weapons without hurting myself. Kind of makes you wonder why I chose this profession in the first place."
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"There was a guy in one of the first commando teams I led who was terrified of the idea of firing a gun," he said with a laugh. "He thought he'd die on the first mission he was involved in but when we came under fire he was the calmest people out there. The first thing you learn in this job is a good dose of adrenaline can get you a long way, well, within reason anyway." He found the medical wing where there was a young female doctor checking the condition of a male soldier lying on the bed who looked in a bad way.

"Put her on the bed over there," the doctor said when she noticed them. "I'll just finish writing this report up and then I'll be over to check you over."

Animegurl5

"Take your time." She responded to the doctor, hoisting herself up onto the bed with her feet dangling off the side. "Even so, my problem has never been the actual mission but what came after a mission. I couldn't escape the terror of what I had done, what we had lost, how we could have been better. And even then it wasn't as bad as things are now. This is different, I was one of the targets this time and that comes with an entirely different set of fears." She sighed and winced at the same time, her whole body exhausted despite the circumstances.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

"I felt the same way you do for a very long time," he said as the doctor walked over and set about dealing with Skylar's wounds. "I wish I could tell you how to switch off the images and memories of what happens but there isn't. What you have to do is remember what might have happened if you hadn't done that job. That's what got me through seeing a good friend killed as we helped defend a town full of innocent civilians from a gang of drug dealers working for one of the most dangerous drug lords in the world." He looked over at the bed the doctor had come from before turning to her. "He won't survive will he?" he asked the doctor.

"Its not impossible," she said, trying to smile before sighing. "He's been in a coma for two weeks, he's not technically dead but...let's just say his chances aren't great. His family don't even know he's here."

Animegurl5

"I wonder if it's peaceful to be in a coma, though the family can't be too happy that he isn't home." She was sad for a moment before she turned into science nerd mode. "Have you tried talking to him? And I don't mean just asking if he hears you, but on a more personal level? Some people find that the more you talk to a coma patient, the faster their recovery. He needs something to hold onto, to pull him out of the tar pit he has fallen into, without that he might as well be dead already."

Lady Jenn

"Petra has," the doctor replied. "Cliff was one of her team on her last mission. But for her putting her life at risk to rescue him his body would probably still be where it had fallen. Because they grew up in the same neighbourhood she feels like the closest thing to family he has right now."

"And she still came to rescue us rather than stay here with him," Morrison said. "Although apparentely she came back," he said, nodding to the silent form of Petra resting her head on the bed, apparentely such a heavy sleeper she was unaware of their prescence. "At least it looks like your injuries are sorted," Morrison said to Skylar as the doctor finished bandaging her wounds.

Animegurl5

"Well, keep trying. He should come around eventually. Oh and thanks for the help." She smiled at the doctor, hopping down and wincing at the same time. "Much appreciated." Then turning to Morrison she gave a mischeivous grin. "I need something to drink. Think you can hook me up?" She had now begun to realize why so many soldiers felt the need to get drunk at times and she was no different. The only problem was the fact that she was but 19 and they had all been legal ages. In her mind it shouldn't matter her age, only the level of her maturity... And she felt she deserved at least one drink.

Lady Jenn

"Is Kirk still running the old bar by the hangar?" Morrison asked the doctor who nodded, a slight grin playing across her face. "He gets the best drinks from all around the world, although I'm not sure all of them are gained through entirely legal means." When they reached the bar there was a man in his 30s stood cleaning a glass and whistling a tune. "What do you fancy drinking?" he asked Skylar. "All the drinks are on the house so don't worry about the price."

Animegurl5

((I will post in a little bit. Dinner. Just thought you might want to know. :) ))

Lady Jenn

(lol, okay. Hopefully I'll still be here when you come bac)

Animegurl5

((Sorry that you couldn't be. Parents went all out on this one, and had me out for the rest of the night.))

"Surprise me. Preferably something fruity if you have it though." She wasn't usually one for bitter drinks but she figured as long as it had some fruit to it she would be just fine. When handed the drink she sipped it cautiously before growling. "I am so going to become diabetic from this." She snickered to herself as she pulled out a couple packets of sugar from her pockets and dumped it into the drink. "Much better." She looked pleased with herself as she downed the drink rather quickly after that. "Hey, don't judge. I never go anywhere without sugar."

Lady Jenn

"That's okay," Morrison said with a laugh. "We all have our own little quirks, nothing wrong with that." It was only as he looked back over at Kirk that he realised why he was working in the bar and not in one of the military units. He had one arm in a sling and an eyepatch over one eye. "I'm beginning to think there's no-one in this base who isn't sporting an injury of some kind," he said with a laugh. "Even if some wounds are more obvious than others."

Animegurl5

"That is probably due to the excessive amount of insanity that has erupted about our world. When fighting no one thinks as they would normally, and sometimes that is a good thing. Other times it just gets you hurt. It's not quite as surprising to see all these injuries if you take notice to the many conspiracies that other countries are taking part in. It's not just ours that is turning against their soldiers, and it won't be long before they take advantage of the citizens. Insanity... Complete and total insanity." She hissed thinking back over the many articles she had learned to hack into, finding some of the information that other countries were planning things they should rather not.

Lady Jenn

"Even Tom is carrying a war wound," Morrison said. "Its partly why he wears that jacket, to hide the fact his right arm is badly scarred. He won't tell anyone how it happened though so your guess is as good as mine." The door to the bar opened and Petra came in, dressed in civilian clothing including a long blue dress and a set of heels. She came over to their table once she had got a drink from Kirk.

"Well we can't try infiltrating their inner circle dressed like soldiers," she said, smiling at the look of surprise on Morrison's face. "If we're going to a glamorous party I thought it'd be best if I dressed the part."

At that moment Morrison felt like the luckiest man alive, about to go on an undercover mission with two glamorous young women.

Animegurl5

"You look smokin' Petra. Got anything that cute for me, saying as I forgot my wardrobe at home." Even as the tomboy she was, she couldn't resist getting all glitzed up for a party. "Do you think they would even let me in, though? I am 19 remember and usually these events are full of old people. No offense." She smiled deviously though her question was genuine.

Lady Jenn

"You're the same age as Snake's brother," Petra replied, "so if he's going to the party I'm sure you'll be allowed in as well. Besides if he takes one look at you I'm sure Carlo will be willing to persuade the bouncers to let you in. I've got a load of dresses in my quarters you can borrow, although they almost never get used, not much time for being glamorous in our line of work."

Animegurl5

"Ok, creepy thought but strangely reassuring. You'd have to help me pick one out though." She smiled at the thought of a party being her next mission. Something she never thought would happen in a million years. "When do we leave anyway?"

Lady Jenn

"Tom's sorting out a private jet for us and our tech guys are making up some fake passports and ID's for us," Petra said. "Once those are ready we can go pretty much straight away. We can't go in under our real identities, there's no guarantee Snake and co. wouldn't get tipped off that we were in the country and then we're all in deep trouble."

Animegurl5

"In that case I shall go and get ready now... Coming Petra? See ya later Captain, and I swear to God if you laugh at me when I get back... I will shoot you without hesitation. Understand me?" Her smile was infinately more innocent than her words which gave the whole thing a sort of nerve wrecking vibe. And with that she stood up from the table and headed for the door. When she had reached it, she turned breifly and formed her hands into the shape of a gun then pretending to fire it in his direction. With that she left.

Lady Jenn

She led Skylar through the myriad of tanks and APCs to one of the small buildings to one side of the base.

"Cos I'm one of the senior officers I get a dorm building all to myself," she said with a laugh. "Aside from me and Tom there's only two other people on the base who get that priveledge. The dresses are in that cupboard," she said, pointing to a large cupboard in one corner. "Pick out whichever one you like."

Animegurl5

"Lucky ducks you guys are. And thanks for the dress." She smiled then opened the cupboard and let her jaw drop. There were quite a few dresses of all different colors and they were all more beautiful than the last. "Woah. You have got it made." She smiled as reached in and picked one at random. The coloring ranged from dark blue to a deep aqua. It reminded her of the ocean and how it could either be gentle or it could be fierce with light and clear waters or dark and mysterious. She fell in love with it immediately and decided that she would try it on. Slipping it on she found that it was the perfect fit and nearly shouted with excitememnt. "Oh my God, Petra. This thing is amazing. Where ever did you get it?" She twirled around in it, loving the free feeling it gave her. She quickly pulled her hair up into a fashionably messy bun with two strands falling free to frame her face. "Perfect."

((Here is the dress if you were interested to know what it looked like:

Lady Jenn

"An ex-boyfriend of mine bought it for me," she said with a smile. "Unfortunately for him he bought the exact same dress for the girl he was cheating on me with so you can guess how long that relationship lasted."  She was checking a pistol that had been lying on a table, checking it had ammo before hiding it under her dress. "You do this job as long as I do and you discover ways of hiding weapons where only a complete pervert would try looking for them. I feel kinda sorry for Morrison though, he's got to spend the evening with two gorgeous women, how on earth will he survive?" she said, laughing at her last comment.

Animegurl5

"Ooh, ouch. That must of hurt...For him." She laughed at that, loving the dress even more because of it's 'sneaky' history. "Let's just take this one step at a time though. He has to make it there without a nosebleed first." She was already having a great time and they hadn't even left yet. "You know, I think I will trust you and him to be the ones with weapons. With this dress, I would probably be better off without. I don't expect this to turn into a fight but if it does, I can hold my own with just my fists. Let's just hope things don't come to that."

Lady Jenn

"You need to be careful with the Inner Circle though," she said as she gave her makeup one last check in the mirror. "I wouldn't advise underestimating them, especially since we'll technically be on their home turf." She looked out of the window and saw Tom and Morisson deep in conversation next to a small but sleek private plane. Morrison had changed into a tuxedo, shirt and tie. "I hate to say it but Morrison scrubs up almost as well as we do, don't get how the guy is still single when he looks like that."

Animegurl5

"Keyword 'almost'." She winked, looking at the two. "Yeah, alright, he cleans up nice. And you shouldn't worry about me. I'lll be carefull and I'll have you guys close by. What could possibly go wrong?" At that she slipped on the small heels and walked outside. "Ready to go, Captain?" She smiled already adjusting to the slight change in height. "Nice ride, you'd think we were going somewhere fancy or something."