Picture help.

Started by Remy, December 28, 2011, 08:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remy

Hi..and please bare with me as computers are still a mystery to me. I seem to have hit something by accident and changed a setting. I first noticed it last night when I was changing an av here. Took me forever. I found it online ages ago, went to photobucket last night to size it and save the new size to my computer for loading here. The problem is I'm running Chrome, and when I save a picture now, all I can see is the google chrome logo in my picture file  where the picture should be.  I honestly don't knwo what I've done wrong. If anyone has any idea what I need to do, I'd appreciate it, as  I store lots of pictures and now anything I'm storing today  is simply the  yellow chrome logo.

Trieste

Looks like Chrome likes to save pictures as filenames without putting a dot in between the name and the extension. According to Google's help forums, you just need to re-add the dot in between so that filenamejpg becomes filename.jpg.

You may also want to make sure you have the most recent version of Chrome.

Remy

thank you very much! I'll try that now and see if it works. Appreciated. :-)

Trieste

You're welcome, and please let me know if it works - if it doesn't, I'll keep searching.

Remy

I've just saved two pictures, renaming them and adding the .jpg and it's worked perfectly! Big thank you. I don't know what's happened that I've to do it, but I don't care so long as I can save a picture properly. Much much appreciated.  Trieste. :D

Trieste