Poll: What Kind Of Cake People Like

Started by pandaandthelion, December 17, 2011, 05:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meikle

All of them.

Just

All of the cakes.

I didn't vote because there wasn't an 'all of the cakes' option. :(
Kiss your lover with that filthy mouth, you fuckin' monster.

O and O and Discord
A and A

Heartland

I can't decide which cake I like best between my two favourites so I will just have to say it is a tie. Red velvet cake with buttercream icing and Angel food cake with whipped cream and strawberries :O
♥Heartland-xoxox♥

Chris Brady

Quote from: meikle on December 19, 2011, 05:17:31 PM
All of them.

Just

All of the cakes.

I didn't vote because there wasn't an 'all of the cakes' option. :(
Vote Other.  It's pretty why it's there for anyway.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Serephino

I absolutely love cheesecake.  Red velvet is good too, and carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  I agree that store bought icing can be too sweet, but homemade can be really good.  I came up with a recipe using sour cream that is really creamy and not overly sweet. 

My family had a birthday tradition of having a chocolate angel food cake with strawberries.  That was pretty good, and I kind of miss it.  It was my grandma that used to make it, and she doesn't really cook anymore.   

Oniya

My wedding cake was an ice cream cake.  I had to drive halfway around the Capital Beltway with my air conditioner on full to get it to the hotel where we had the reception.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Major Major

For me? A Black Forest gateau or a cheesecake.

Capone

I experimented with a frosting for a desert recently that melted down chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and butter scotch chips into one smooth and gooey layer.

It was super sweet on its own, but with the rest of the item it was a pretty good balance. I'm curious about using it on a cake.

Lilias

Quote from: Major Major on December 23, 2011, 02:58:28 PM
For me? A Black Forest gateau or a cheesecake.

Never met a Black Forest gateau I didn't enjoy yet. ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

NotoriusBEN

You can say "There *might* be cake." and I'll show up to whatever function you want me at.

The the word Cake...

Again... Cake...

That is a delicious word.

Phoenixrisen

Cheesecake, preferably covered in freshly cut strawberries...

Though the most fun I've ever had making a cake was this chocolate thing from a box with homemade green cream cheese frosting... *smiles* It was my hubby's birthday cake last year...
~A full heart has room for all things, an empty heart room for nothing.~
PM's and Discord messages always welcome.
New folks friendly.

Write a love story with me? Updated 3/30
Curious how to fan the flames?
Updated 9/21

Observing Trifles

Quote from: Phoenixrisen on January 02, 2012, 10:40:21 PM
Cheesecake, preferably covered in freshly cut strawberries...

I second this. In fact, I'd like this right now, please.

:-)
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

Semantics

Accidentally voted Other, but.  Chocolate.  Specifically, seven-layer chocolate cake.  Sadly, my grandmother's recipe was lost in the mists of time, since it's also incredibly easy to ruin.  Badly.

Rhedyn

Cheesecake, it just has to be....and not the thin super sweet ones we get here but proper, American, baked cheesecake.

DudelRok

Can I have chocolate ice cream cake? XD

Though I just like cake. Iffy on cheesecake as sometimes it tastes a little bitter to me, but I don't turn down cake.

...or pie.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

That Blue One

Provided that the cake is indeed not a lie, I'd have to say ice cream cake. Specifically, mint chocolate chip ice cream and vanilla cake, garnished with those Grasshopper or Thin Mint cookies. 

Manari

Cheesecake is the BEST cake!  Or any kind of cake with cream cheese frosting is 2nd best. 

Cecilia

I'm in the all kinds of cake line, though I will say not all frosting makes me happy.  However, my very most favorite cake of ALL is what we call "German Chocolate Cake" because of the frosting--gooey coconut pecan...yum.

ropedwrists

Chocolate cake with mocha frosting! My mom has made it every year for my birthday. It's so good, and always comes out differently every time she makes it...plus when I was little, she used to give me the whisks from the blender and let me lick the frosting off. Even if it meant spoiling my dinner :D

Observing Trifles

Gingerbread cake.

I'm a sucker for gingerbread cookies, but there's nothing quite like a rich German gingerbread cake.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.