For fuck's sake...
Medical experts said it was highly unlikely a single doctor would have prescribed such a mix.
"If someone has an overdose death with that kind of toxicology report, it's usually an indication that they were either doctor-shopping or purchasing medications either on the street or on the Internet," said Andrew Kolodny, a psychiatrist at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn.
Irresponsible. Uncalled for. Shame on him.
It's unlikely that all of that would be prescribed together, unless Ledger is like 98%* of Americans (yes, including imports) who don't finish their prescriptions and save them for when they feel they need them. Especially with many doctors wary of prescribing relaxtants and painkillers, if you don't need
to take that last percocet, you're not going to throw it away. You're going to tuck it in your medicine cabinet and save it for when you feel you need it.
Same with just about every other prescription.
It's also a bit easier to get whatever you want prescribed when you are in the entertainment industry. Unless you want to be known as "That doctor who wouldn't prescribe Heath Ledger painkillers so he could get on with filming his next flick." Yeah, right.
And I'll note he had NyQuil in his system when he was reported to have had pneumonia. Who wouldn't? Give me a break. It's ridiculous. It was a mistake, there was nothing shady about it. He did not commit suicide. It was an accident. Let him rest and let his family bury him. Jesus fucking christ.
*Note: Figure may be plucked from thin air, or possibly my ass, and used for the purposes of making a point. Using this figure for any other purposes than that of making my point are strongly discouraged and may cause nausea, vomiting, faintness, dizziness, severe headaches, numbness of the brain and acute homosexuality.