You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 21, 2016, 04:17:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Cat Litter  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Saffron

• ღ Your Designer Drug ღ Myobi's Hither and Thither Girl ღ
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: ღ There's a whole wide world for us to see, the only thing you gotta do is follow me ღ
  • ღ I just wanna make you feel loved ღ
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Re: Cat Litter
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 01:03:35 AM »
It's a tangential note but...are y'all sure that sawdust is bad for animals? I mean, we house research animals on sawdust and our IACUC is extremely (read: insanely) cautious about health and quality of life. Can y'all source that claim?

EDIT: Or perhaps this is something cat specific?

EDIT 2: Nevermind...figured it out.
Wood shavings for animals like rats and mice have been washed so that they are clean of dusts and are safer for the animals.

Offline olive

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 01:18:41 AM »
Not sure if you need another idea, but I came across this.

It seemed like a good, really cheap idea, and so I thought I would share.

That is a really interesting article. My cats will use shredded news paper in a pinch but I might have to try this in the summer time when I can put the mixture outside to dry.

Offline Senti

• Queen of Mooey Land
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: With the Mushroom People. Along with drinking tea with Loves whilst looking innocent, as well as dancing in the trees with Kendra...oh and digging holes in the garden and cleaning knives...: Goodness i am busy :))
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2011, 06:54:03 AM »
wll not that we have cats but I use good cat litter for the rats as was advised too and I must say they smell a whole lot less than a hamster with saw dust.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:07:27 AM by Senti »

Offline Heartland

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 10:11:01 PM »
I have one cat who is super picky about his litter box. He only likes a certain brand of litter and buying a different brand and or type is like playing russian roulette lol. I learned the hard way of which specific one he liked because his favorite place to go if he was displeased was on my bed, at night, right on top of my foot lol....

Offline SerephinoTopic starter

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »
My cats don't like anything with a strong odor.  When I got the first one I couldn't get her to use the box no matter what I did, and I couldn't figure it out.  We got this strong scented natural pine litter.  It smelled good to me, but we tried another brand, and magically she started using the box