You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:27:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic.  (Read 24369 times)

Offline Keefie

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic.
« Reply #350 on: March 01, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »
Hrm. I might check that out, thanks~ x3
I've been browsing a few places but nothing has caught my eye as of yet. No worries though I'm sure I'll find something eventually.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #351 on: March 02, 2012, 05:08:10 PM »
steam has both kotor and kotor 2, now if you are looking on elli for a game.. I'm not sure.
They finally have KoTOR 2???  Awesome.  Something else to add to the list.

Offline Keefie

« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
Well apparently my computer is coming today.
That didn't seem like much of a long wait really~
Unfortunately when I unpacked the monitor I got for it, it had a European  plug. I was like what the actual hell?
Luckily I have several old PC's in this house so I nicked an old lead and am ready to go.
Hello TOR, goodbye life xD

Offline Funguy81

« Reply #353 on: March 15, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »
Hey, is there an E rp guild in the kath hound RP server? I'm curious about that. I have a 32 vanguard on it.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #354 on: March 15, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
I think most of us are Imps on Lord Adrass.

Offline Geeklet

« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »
Yeah, most of the people who were on Kath Hound kinda migrated over to Lord Adraas it seems.

Offline Funguy81

« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2012, 08:48:31 PM »
well that sucks for me. I was hoping to join an E group, but hey i'll find another rp group. thanks for th eheads up.

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #357 on: March 17, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
Cancelled my sub today. I just wasn't having fun any more; I got one character to 50 and found that not only was the endgame as boring as batsnot, but I had so little incentive to level another as to make it feel more like a chore then anything else.

And yet, I'm still enjoying WoW after six years. Go figure.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #358 on: March 17, 2012, 07:56:04 PM »
Happens.  I'm still on WoW, and the only reason I'm there is because I have friends, not because I enjoy it.  And lately it's gotten to the point of I don't know if I want to continue to subbing. However, TOR isn't the gaming God people wish it was.  It's holding my attention for now...

One of these years someone will clue in that MMORPGs are not a viable gaming format.  A classic RPG is often a High Fantasy Epic story, you see it in Movies, Books and now T.V. Shows.  One thing that's common to all of these sorts of stories is that there's a beginning and an end.  When the heroes defeat the big bad.  It's a linear progression, point A to B.  And the sad part is that most Fantasy (including Star Wars) still work on that cycle.  The leveling system doesn't help either, because it's got an 'ending'.  But until then, they'll churn them out and sucker me into them.

Offline SinXAzgard21

« Reply #359 on: March 26, 2012, 07:33:05 PM »
TOR was getting boring right before I had a week with out my computer... Came back and now it isn't as boring anymore.... I'm playing wow right now just for the beta invite, D3 and for my wife.  As it stands I'm sticking with TOR to check out legacy and to see if pvp gets off this randoms WZ shit and if the ccing gets fixed for certain classes. 

Offline CaptainErotica

« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2012, 03:18:05 AM »
Anyone still active in this? I wouldn't mind making a character or two to pal around with my e friends.

What server/faction?

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2012, 03:38:00 AM »
Lord Abraas (sp?)..most of us are Empire side.  Though I think some have made Republic characters.

Offline CaptainErotica

« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2012, 03:41:27 AM »
Thanks. Hopefully there are some people from E with lowbies or willing to roll another toon. I don't suppose you have any information as to who to contact in game to join the E guild?

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2012, 03:09:07 PM »
There is no E guild.  There is an E server wide channel.  Type cjoin Eli to get on it.

Offline CaptainErotica

« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2012, 02:10:46 AM »
I now have a character on Lord Adraas and have joined the channel. I haven't started playing him yet, since my other friends all play on Soresu. If anyone ever want to team or whatever just let me know.

Offline Anjasa

« Reply #365 on: March 31, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »
I cancelled my account. Unfortunately it just wasn't holding our interest as much as I wish I did.

The storylines are great, but I just don't feel it's worth the $17 subscription fee each month. It's $34/month for my partner and I.

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #366 on: March 31, 2012, 08:07:32 AM »
I cancelled my account. Unfortunately it just wasn't holding our interest as much as I wish I did.

The storylines are great, but I just don't feel it's worth the $17 subscription fee each month. It's $34/month for my partner and I.

That was where I was at as well. The storyline was just not that captivating, and the fully voiced/acted cutscenes felt more like a drag then anything else.

Offline CaptainErotica

« Reply #367 on: March 31, 2012, 08:50:05 AM »
The game has it's downsides, but for me i love the stories and the voice acting -but I am glad there is an option to skip through them. for me I feel much more connected to the characters than I ever did with wow, or even my long time favorite City of Heroes. Plus it is Star wars. I'll be playing it until they close the servers for good.  I'm a bit lucky in that being in Japan I actually pay less than $15/month due to the exchange rate.

Offline Canuckian

• Canadian
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: Second star to the right- oh, who'm I kidding? I'm right here
  • Insert message here
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #368 on: March 31, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »
I dunno about this game anymore.  I slobbered over the trailers and game tidbits dropped over time, I'd preordered the Collector's Edition (which was a rip-off, btw) and I spent the next 3 months mainlining it like it were coke, heroin, caffiene, and sugar all rolled into one.  It was glorious, if a tad tedious.

Then I got ahold of Mass Effect 3.

I tried going back to TOR, I really did.  I haven't made more than 30 minutes at a time on it.  I'm on the endgame for my Jedi Knight's story, I have a decent amount of legacy levels built up... and I just have no real interest to keep playing it.

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #369 on: March 31, 2012, 06:04:49 PM »
A lot of people I know were only playing SWtoR till ME3 came out. And, now that they've reached ME3's "spectacular" ending, they've been rage-quitting SWtoR with a huge dose of the Not happies at Bioware.

Can't say I blame 'em either.

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #370 on: March 31, 2012, 08:11:58 PM »
I am holding out for the legacy stuff to be awesome.  But if it's not, I may drop it for a while as well.

Part of the problem is the same every MMO has at the start: limited content.  The really cool stuff usually happens six month (not likely) to a year (if it's well supported) after it's released.

Offline ShamshielDF

« Reply #371 on: April 01, 2012, 12:24:06 AM »
Overall the gamplay is...decent.  There are some quirks to the interface that I'm hoping they fix soon.  And honestly, while I like the story, there's too much overlap between classes to really reroll a new Empire charrie if you've already got one to max level, or close to it.

On the other hand, I've been RPing quite a bit with the guild that I've joined and having fun with it.  The chat interface is...not the worst that I've dealt with, but could definitely use some work.  I'm enjoying it more than I did DDO, at least.

Offline KaylaM

« Reply #372 on: April 01, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »
I am holding out for the legacy stuff to be awesome.  But if it's not, I may drop it for a while as well.

Part of the problem is the same every MMO has at the start: limited content.  The really cool stuff usually happens six month (not likely) to a year (if it's well supported) after it's released.

So far, the main point of the Legacy system seems to be to make you kick yourself for rolling an alt before 1.2 comes out

Offline Chris Brady

« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
So far, the main point of the Legacy system seems to be to make you kick yourself for rolling an alt before 1.2 comes out

There are a few more important changes you're forgetting.

Offline Canuckian

• Canadian
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: Second star to the right- oh, who'm I kidding? I'm right here
  • Insert message here
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
Any idea when 1.2 is due out?