You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 11:30:26 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Last Man On Earth [Seeking ST]  (Read 497 times)

Online TheVillainTopic starter

The Last Man On Earth [Seeking ST]
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:12:30 PM »

To Whoever Can Read This

I don't know what my name is, I don't know what year this is, I don't know anything about this place. I just know that I woke up in this glass tank. There was a foot locker at the feet of the tank with clothes in it, but I think moths got into it- everything is ruined. There's a language on the nameplate of the locker- it looks old and I don't even recognize the language at all. One of the letters does look kind of like a J but that's probably just a coincidence. I've taken to calling myself J anyway.

When I look outside the windows I see that I'm in the middle of a city but it's in ruins, something happened here. Something very bad.

They have computers here. I can't access much without understanding the language but there's pictures, videos, patterns I can follow. People lived in this city once, but then there was a war or an invasion or something like that I think. 3 years ago maybe? I think it's telling me that there were a bunch of different weapons used, the vast majority of people died- including anyone with a y-gene. Even in the womb. And the few that didn't die became something that isn't human- not any more.

So here I am, in some sort of hospital in a ruined megacity populated by monsters. I have to get moving, I have to go find somewhere safe. If someone finds this and can read it, you aren't alone. We can find each other. We can survive this somehow.

Good Luck.

Alright, basic idea is a twist on the old 'Last Man on Earth' fantasy. The main character is an amnesiac who wakes up in what would almost look like a ruined alien city if there weren't pictures of the former occupants who look a lot like people, though the occupants who are left most certainly do not resemble people any more. Survival, Monster Hunting, and a lot of Running ensues. I put this here in case we do want to say that there were other survivors, they were female, and they haven't even seen anything male and human in 3 years.

Can be system if we want, would be kind of keen actually, but not required.

Online Neysha

Re: The Last Man On Earth [Seeking ST]
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:59:14 PM »
Kinda reminds me of Y! The Last Man comic book series. Good RP idea. :)

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 09:04:41 PM »
Well, the core concept isn't exactly new. Pretty sure we'll find the basic idea in Hieroglyphics at some point. :P

Of course, that would just attest to sticking power in the psyche and all that.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:23:41 PM by TheVillain »

Online Neysha

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 07:56:15 PM »
Mmmm I'll bite, I find the setting somewhat intriguing the more I dwell on it. Wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me.

Check out my ons and offs I think we might be compatible.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:55:43 PM by Neysha »

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 11:59:44 AM »
I think I'm going to open this back up, with all due respect to Neysha.