Magos Abdelmelqart AutomatusSpecies
Once was Human... now is Much More.Age
Unknown, a month ago the last feed reports living tissue about 252 years old within his skull cavityPosition
Magos Explorator - Divisio Cybernetica - Scola HistoricaPersonality
Cold and distant, Magos Abdelmelqart has since long transcended the flesh that once denounced his humanity. Not anymore, as his aging heart barely pumps the black ichor that replaced his blood through the tubes that once were veins more than twice a minute. Fanatically dedicated to the Quest of Knowledge, this historian/expert in robotics and archeotechnology collects every information possible in the tremendous data-feeds and hard disks hidden beneath his robes, inside his chest. Less than Human, his cold, utmostly rational thinking and logic is only disturbed by the complete devotion for the Cult of the Machine Abdelmelqart is known to display publically; Ignoring the Inquisitors and more Orthodox sects within the Mechanicum, Magos Automatus
is a dedicated Khamrian, meaning his philosofy recognises the importance of robotics, explaining his dedication to them... and concealed from all, his curioity about the Abominable Intelligence.Bio
Abdelmelqart was once, long ago, a simple fascinated Menial in the world of Ryza. Vat-Grown to be an Homunculus and as such, grist to the mill, genetic anomalies mean his body rejected all the charges, growing him into a pure human rather than an abhuman. Displaying cunning and an devotion unseen in most except the members of the fabled Ordo Luminem, the Electro-Priests, Abdelmelqart was taken into the retinue of the Forge World's Archmagos Veneratus himself, the venerable Xarakthos Monomachus.
Learning Ryza's unsurpassed knowledge and replication about plasma technology, once Automatus achieved the rank of Acolyte and Equerry to the own Archmagos, he was trained on the ways of the Remembrancers and researchers of ancient archeotech and the Mechanicum's History, becoming one of the most speciallized savants about the uses and ways of creation so long forgotten.
Now in his most elderly age, the Elder Automatus is sent to the brinks of Mankind's Imperium, ordered by his Archmagos to serve and counsel the Rogue Trader... and of course, to demand any pieces of Archeotech and the fabled STCs found. His dedicated to his cause, and shall not suffer the Imperial Cult, remaining a Priest of the Machine first and foremost.WargearPower Axe
- As a higher than average member of the Mechanicum, Magos Automatus bear his Power Axe as both a deadly weapon of terrible proportions and as a Staff of his Office, denouncing his allegiance and his faith.Heavy Bionics
- Being more than 70% cybernetic have it's advantages. Automatus is almost completely made of inhuman tissue, and all of his neural fringes have been number by chemics and chirurgical extration. He fells absolutely no pain, although does not ignore the amount of damage he can shrug offf himself.Carapace Armor
- As a Magos Explorator, Automatus is most often than not into the middle of skirmishers and facing the deadly beasts that nest themselves amidst the ruins of Mankind. In order to protect himself from such annoyances, he was granted the thick plates of armaplas directly welded into his body. A large plate of ferrocrete covers his most vulnerable areas from harm to come to his Hard Disks. Mostly concealed by his thick, maroon robes of the Mechanicum. Mechanicum Protectiva
- An icon of his status as a beloved of the Machine-God and high member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, Abdelmelqart bears the talisman above his chest with pride and arrogance, disregarding almost all the danger that could easily obliterate him. A cousin of the Rosarius that members of the Ecclesiarchy bear, the Protective is a powerful yet personal power field capable of deflecting all but the most powerful blows and shots directed to him - such is the value of the information he collects. The Mechanicum erases nothing.Servo Harness
This clumsy disposity hangs from Abdelmelqart's back, hardwired into the Mind-Impulse Units on the back of his neck, giving him complete control over the Harness. It's a complete Harness, including two powerful Servo-Arms
- both weapons capable of tearing through metal, flesh and bone with ease and handy retrievers for the archeotechnology he zealotly seeks - a large Welding Torch
- handy into battlefield as a fixing tool or as a flamer, and a Plasma Cutter
, a testament to his training on Ryza, capable of searing through ferrocrete of blowing shots like a Plasma-Gun.Abilities Multi-Spectrum Scanning
Much like Lysander's bionic eye, the three lenses that makes up for Automatus own allows him to scan further into the light spectrum than the natural eye can. As such he can tap into both the ultra-violet and infra-red spectrum, as well as detect radiation levels. However, Abdelmelqart has no living eyes.Hardwired Vox Caster
Replacing where once stood his mouth, Automatus can only speak through his vox, giving him an annoying, condescending yet lifeless tone whenever he speaks with his atrophiated, rough voice. However, it allows to speak in Lingua-Technis, what he does most often than not.Technical Savant
As a Magos speciallized into the legio Cybernetica, Automatus is a peerless controler of Mechanical marvels such as the Robots he commanded under the Archmagos gaze. He is capable into battlefield repairs and in completing tasts dealing with general technology in a middle-level of proficiency. However...Machine Cultist
...he is a zealot. The Magos shall not tolerate gimmicks that corrupt the sacrosanct circuits of the Machine, nor disrespectful behaviour before the Machine Spirts. If any such things happen before his gaze, he might turn the unstable emotions of his faith and become greedily violent in order to protect the Spirits of the Machine.
This is my take on the Magos character. If there's anything that you guys think it should be modified, please.... I'm all ears to adjust it!