You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 11:59:20 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Release me.  (Read 395 times)

Offline miteuxTopic starter

Release me.
« on: November 04, 2011, 07:57:18 AM »
(This is just a small excerpt from the journal of the character I seem to write the most and how she felt after her very first heartbreak.)

I find myself constantly losing my footing, laughing without joy as I watch the pieces of my life fall where they may, coming together only to fall apart again. I was a woman who never believed in love. Ruthless and heartless until you came along, ripped me out of the darkness and threw me to the sunlight, to the hungry wolves of love that would eat me alive. You still linger here in the air, I can still taste you on my tongue. It is your face I see in the crowds, your kiss on my lips. Your touch burned into my skin, your mark on my bones. Why canít I free myself of you? You and your coffee stained teeth, your wet eyes and barking laugh. My life is constantly interrupted by the memories of you that still dance in the back of mind, sending me reeling and retreating into the darker corners. I run rampant through the city, throwing myself into any arms that will welcome me, and still I cannot forget you, escape you. Itís always 70 degrees here in Los Angeles with unwavering dry heat and yet Iím cold inside, left with nothing but the shell of a woman you left behind, crawling back to the East and the bustle of Philadelphia with a careless adiůs.