News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Malefique's Box of Delights

Started by Malefique, June 10, 2011, 07:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malefique

Newly approved and ready to play, I have a few ideas for roleplays which could mostly go in many directions - adult, non-adult, one on one, group.  So to avoid constantly reposting the same list and messing up the place, I'm putting the actual list on here and directing interested parties here with a short note in other sections.  Assuming anyone is interested.  If you are, please do get in touch.

Character/ plot suggestions (my character the first one, the second one open).  All can be one on one or group, unless specified otherwise.  Your characters can be male or female unless otherwise specified.

Fantasy setting
1: Escaped slave (F) turned pirate  +  fellow buccaneer(s), naval officer or slave  hunter .  Our characters could be crew on the same ship, or rivals, or your mission might be to rid the seas of pirates, or your character could be hunting mine for the bounty as a pirate or as a slave.  Non-human races like elves, dwarves, etc, okay in this one.
2: Druid (F) with an affinity for owls + fellow adventurers of any species or type.  General fantasy adventures in any setting.
3: Half-elven or elven thief or rogue (M or F) + fellow adventurers or law officer in pursuit .  We might meet and adventure together, or your character might be looking for mine in connection with some offence, or you might be trying to reform them…
4: Dark elf sorceress (F) + fellow adventurers.  Would enjoy finding a partner in crime to play with here, but fellow-travellers trying to reign in or exploit my character are fine.  My character would be in exile from her own people for unspecified offences.  Warning, this one will be very definitely adults only (not just for sexual material - she is not going to be a good girl in any way).    Definitely spoken for by Arkaniel as a one on one.

Horror themed
1: Vampire nun (clan Lasombra for those familiar with old school White Wolf Masquerade) with ambitions and genuine piety + vampire/ demon/ hunter  seeking to subvert her faith or ally her to their cause.  Dark age era, or early medieval.  One on one.
2: Fraudulent medium unaware of their genuine ability (M or F)  + occult investigators/ cultists/ law officers.  You might be seeking to recruit my character for a secret force fighting the forces of evil, or investigating them for fraud offences, or looking to draw them into a cult of evil.  Modern day or Victorian/ Edwardian, or even swinging sixties.  Cthulhu Mythos elements very likely to appear.  Spoken for by Grovercjuk for one on one.
3: Monkish exorcist and witch finder (M) + pagan, werewolf, vampire, cultist, gipsy, witch, ambitious cleric.  Dark Age setting or medieval.  My character is not exceptionally strong in faith but knows his job and is happy to do it; yours might be on the receiving end of his suspicions or seeking to use him as a personal weapon against rivals, or trying to show him the error of his ways, or just looking to punish him for killing someone you loved.
4: Shapechanging (werewolf or were-cat, possibly even raven or fox) gunslinger (M or F) + other shape changer of same or different kind, vampire, hunter, human with no knowledge of shapeshifters (perhaps a sheriff or bounty hunter, or perhaps a preacher or saloon keeper).  All kinds of possibilities for a story (or stories) in a frontier setting (northern, western, southern, not picky).  Spoken for by DarkRose15

Science fiction themed
1: Steampunk scientist/adventurer (M or F) + alien beings, fellow adventurers, rivals from other nations, competitors.  If you’re familiar with Space 1889 you’ll have some idea of the setting I have in mind; if not, perhaps First Men in the Moon, Steamboy or John Carter of Mars will give you a frame of reference (or even the Disney Atlantis movie - you could be an Atlantean).  My character could be exploring a new realm via an invention of theirs, be it a steam-powered spaceship or submarine; or could have been kidnapped or deceived by villainous persons, or be on a mission for Her Majesty, or abducted by aliens.  Yours might be the abductors, or fellow captives or explorers, or rivals looking to claim new lands for their own sovereign, or spies; lots of possibilities.
2: Warhammer Dark Heresy inquisition agent, scum or possibly psychic (M or F) + other agent of the inquisition, or chaos cultist, or rogue trader, or law officer.  We could be investigating suspected heresy together, or my character might be under suspicion, or indeed yours might be, or mine might be travelling on your trader ship to a mission.
3: On an Earth of the future, some countries tolerate the mutant humans (not necessarily super-powered, just different) while others persecute them.  In a totalitarian regime which kills all mutants except for a handful they enslave, anti-mutant patrols operate like the inquisition crossed with the SS.  Large armoured patrol vehicles carry squads of AMP troops to police the outlying regions and exterminate all mutants.  My character would be the officer in command of one such patrol, the ambitious Lt Ladelneier (who hides a secret - her certificate of purity was procured fraudulently by her parents, since her father is a mutant); yours a crew member (or members), fellow officer or grunt, engineer or Inquisitor. 

Historical setting
1: Escaped slave turned pirate (F) + buccaneer, naval officer or slave hunter (M).  Much same ideas as for the 1st fantasy suggestion, only no non-humans and in a real world setting - 18th century Caribbean, is a possibility, or Mediterranean in the Roman era, or South China seas in Victorian times maybe.    Spoken for by The Clown Prince
2: Eastern city lady journalist + gunslinger, sheriff, trader, trapper, mountain man, native America, doctor, parson, saloon keeper, bar girl - pretty much any character of the period.  1890s, Wild west town or perhaps Canadian or Mexican borderlands.  My character is the newly arrived fish out of water trying to make a new life in the new country; yours might be a seasoned local, looking to make life easier or harder for mine, seeking to befriend or exploit or drive away. 
3:  Dollybird cabaret chanteuse + secret agent (any side), detective, international master criminal, political activist.  Sixties setting, preferably Europe but with possibility of travel further afield.  My character would be a singer trying to make a career and a lot of money, fairly bright but a bit too self-centred to always get what’s going on, who stumbles into something secret - a heist, a kidnapping of a political target or for ransom for money, espionage, evidence of a clandestine organisation, plans for sabotaging  nuclear bases, murder.  Yours might be involved in or responsible for it, or investigating or combating it., and the singer could be very useful to you or very dangerous to you if left loose.

I do warn you that I can't always get online every day, but I hope it will never be more than a couple of days before you get a reply.

Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

DarkRose15

4: Shapechanging (werewolf or were-cat, possibly even raven or fox) gunslinger (M or F) + other shape changer of same or different kind, vampire, hunter, human with no knowledge of shapeshifters (perhaps a sheriff or bounty hunter, or perhaps a preacher or saloon keeper).  All kinds of possibilities for a story (or stories) in a frontier setting (northern, western, southern, not picky).

This sounds like something fun ^_^ Could I possibly be a Native American shape changer/wise-woman type deal instead of a gunslinger? I'm not too knowledgeable on guns but I could try being sort of a wild woman who lives in the wilderness.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Malefique

I'm happy with that, Darkrose; in fact on this one I'm pretty open about my character and any other takers.  I just love weird west stories.  Always wanted to play a vampire gunslinger a la Lee Van Cleef (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly).  If it goes well this one could open up for a pretty good run of stories.  Would your shapeshifter be a wolf, or something a bit more obscure - a bear, raccoon, crow, eagle? 
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

DarkRose15

I'd want to be a crow. Most definitely a crow  ;D

Malefique

That's excellent.  I'll have to take a raincheck tonight, illness in the family has left me worn out, but hopefully I'll soon by ready to fly (or you will...).

DarkRose15

Well, I know we have the setting (wild west/weird wild western). Did you have any specific storyline you wanted to try or do or do you wan me to come up with some ideas for us to go over?

fallensaviour

hmm...i could try something with the lasombra one...i have a fun little idea for that MUHAHAHAHAHA
1: Vampire nun (clan Lasombra for those familiar with old school White Wolf Masquerade) with ambitions and genuine piety + vampire/ demon/ hunter  seeking to subvert her faith or ally her to their cause.  Dark age era, or early medieval.  One on one.

Malefique

@fallensaviour - intriguing!  Pm me and we'll discuss that one a bit, hmm?

Nom De Plume

I came here through a search for steampunk, but I see you actually have a lot of interesting scenarios. If you're willing, I'd love to play the historical Wild West setting with you- and, if you're interested, I could help you set up a group game for a Steampunk original setting or Dark Heresy (with or without system) campaign.
A&A

Malefique

Sounds excellent, Nom De Plume  - pm me and we'll organise something.

Malefique

New idea added in to the science fiction set.

Malefique

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I’m afraid I’m not going to be taking on any new roleplays for a while, at least not until one of those I have running now is finished; this week I’ve been offered a chance to work on a book and script project which may actually lead to a major improvement in my finances (and who knows, at least a bit of local fame) if it pays off for us.  I can’t go into too much detail, but it is a subject I’ve been saying for years should be written up, and here’s my chance to do it.  I will be coming in to Elliquiy once a week, and hopefully with a bag of posts for the ongoing roleplays (including the pirate fantasy I‘ve been working up characters for, ), but I won’t have time to do more.  I don’t like turning in hasty, make-do writing, I don’t think it’s fair to my partners, so for now consider these on hold.  If you are interested, in any of my rp suggestions I can book them down for you and message you when an opening arises to see if you still want to do them then.