Charis Mazerie Age:
Blonde hair in varying shades of honey and gold falling down to mid back and brushed back from her face. She braids strands of her hair on the sides from time to time. Her deep, dark brown eyes seem more intelligent than the youthful face in which they are set. Pink, bowed lips, the bottom one a little fuller than the top, sit below a pert nose.
Charis keeps in shape, a result of the many hours of weapons practice and the amount of walking she does while traveling. Encased within her leather and chain boots and armor, it is easy to see her long, defined legs and arms. The chain armor across her chest covers a pleasant enough bosom and emphasize the elegant shape of her neck and shoulders.
Her general appearance is as pictured with the addition of her staff and a hooded cloak. She also has a satchel filled with necessary supplies including a book, paper and writing utensils, and a few other essentials. She has a belt with a few pockets for such things as well. Height:
5’ 6” Sexuality:
Staff (pictured) and dagger Magic:
World Magic is her focus, specifically elemental and healing magics which include, but are not limited to, the following: Air
– She can still the air in the room or remove it completely, making breathing difficult if not impossible. Or she can create movement with the air, causing objects to move with it. Speed of movement varies from being absolutely still to amassing a whirlwind that sucks the air from the surrounding area to feed its strength and speed. Fire
– She can create flame with a snap of her fingers, causing a small ball of fire to form in her hand. From that ball, she can feed the flame with both her power and the oxygen in the surrounding area, letting it grow in size from a diameter of two inches to two feet. She can then force the flame from her body in a fireball and direct it at a target within a range of 100 yards. Or she can feed the flame to encompass her body, including her armor and weapons, giving her additional damage per hit and a bonus to her armor when she herself is the target. Earth
– Manipulation of earth in a variety of ways – moving, creating walls or other structures, reconstructing landscapes, etc. She can pull pockets of earth and hurl them at a target or pull large segments up and around a target to immobilize them for a time. (The target can hack through it, of course, but it would take time.) Water
– This includes the creation and manipulation of water in various forms. When without, she can create water for drinking. She can also purify said water for rituals and the like. She can change the flow of a body of water depending upon its size – i.e. a stream or creek. General notes and combined elements
– Basically, she can create, manipulate, augment or discard any element, though she is restricted by sizes and ranges, etc. She can also combine elements for various results such as feeding air to fire to fan flames or adding water to earth to help with plant growth, etc. Healing
– While stronger in her ability with the elements, Charis is versed in magical healing. As such, she is able to assess the damages and decide whether a wound is minor (i.e. cuts, scrapes, bruises), moderate (i.e. broken bones with clean cuts, stabbings, minor to moderate internal bleeding) or severe (i.e. multiple fractures, serious head wounds or gashes, removal of limbs). Minor wounds are easily cured with the simplest and fastest of spells and care. Moderate ones are more complex and take a greater concentration and draw more power, making them difficult to perform in the midst of battle, though not impossible. Severe wounds are night impossible to perform without total focus and concentration. They also take a great deal of power and can incapacitate Charis for a time once complete. In some instances, it may take multiple healing sessions for moderate or severe wounds. Personality:
Charis is a woman with many facets to her personality. Quiet Observer
– She sits back and assesses the situation, learning what she can of people and places by watching the goings on around her. Big Heart
– A kind and compassionate woman for the most part, Charis likes to see people happy and healthy. She has an easy smile and ready laugh, often eager to share her joys with others so they may join in her amusement and happiness. Due to this part of her nature, she sometimes gets upset by people’s cruelty and lack of understanding or compassion. Passionate
– Charis is very passionate about a number of things, but mostly for being a cleric and a storyteller. In her position as a cleric, she helps to spread the word of God through use of her stories and songs. She shares these with others on her travels and hopes they understand the message she is trying to portray through them. Proud
– Charis’ mother and grandmother were great women – intelligent and determined to do whatever they could to help others in need. Proud of them for the women they were, Charis endeavors to be such a woman. She is also proud of her own accomplishments with her magic, training, and induction as a cleric. Fighter
– She will fight for what she believes is right, whether it be physical or no. While she often hopes to find peaceful solutions, she knows that is not always an option. Fighting is sometimes a necessity and she does not shy away from it if or when it comes to that. Background:
Charis’ mother, Shanna, was unaware of her pregnancy when she decided to embark on the latest research trek to the explosion site hoping to find cures to a number of illnesses, not to mention the low mortality rate. While she turned back as soon as she was aware she was carrying, the damage had already been done. She’d ventured too far into the toxic cloud.
Upon her return, Shanna was deathly ill and nearly lost her child. But Charis’ grandmother, Maigren, was a powerful cleric, and a Templar. After a quick assessment of the situation, Maigren gave her daughter a choice – her or her child. Shanna was a loving and selfless woman and gladly gave her life for her daughter. After a long, grueling pregnancy with Maigren at her side, Shanna finally brought Charis into the world. She was able to hold her daughter once in her arms before passing into the afterlife.
Maigren never learned the father’s name from her daughter. Indeed, when asked, Shanna had refused to confess it. With no other options, Maigren took her grandchild under her wing, though it was no hardship. She was glad to have her granddaughter with her, especially after having lost her only child.
Charis grew up in a world rife with the Templar teachings, especially once Maigren realized the ramifications of past events. Whether it had been from Shanna’s travel into the toxic cloud or from Maigren’s powers being used so much to save her granddaughter’s life, Charis was born with a gift for World Magic. Maigren taught her from a very young age about control and the consequences of losing it. She also taught Charis against abusing her power. Charis was taught the Templar way and it is all she has ever known, in a sense. As she grew into young adulthood, she began to understand the meanings behind the teachings more and more.
At sixteen, Maigren was called away to help with an uprising in the south. She never returned. Instead, an old friend of Maigren’s came, informing Charis of her grandmother’s death and taking her to the church. Charis was then interviewed and assessed. Realizing her potential, they offered her training to become a cleric, as her grandmother had been, and Charis gladly accepted.
Throughout her life, Charis developed a love and affinity for the written word. Upon first sight of the Templar library, she was in awe. It was there she spent most of her life for the next few years. She devoured anything and everything she could on a multitude of subjects. This also culminated into a love of writing – stories, fiction and non, and even songs that spoke of all she’d learned, sending the Templar’s message to all who would listen.
She was also willing to learn anything anyone would ever teach her, which is how she ended up with basic weapons training. When she first started using pole weapons, she found she quite enjoyed it and has since specialized in them. She’s no Knight, but she can hold her own for the most part.
At eighteen, Charis was officially inducted into the Templar Order as a Cleric, the culmination of all her years of training. Since her induction, she’s been traveling – sometimes alone, sometimes with others. During her travels, she spent a lot of time with the people of each town or village, asking about local lore, gossip, anything they wanted to tell her. She recorded everything, taking meticulous notes, then incorporated some of what she’d learned into stories or songs that she would later sing to them.
Most enjoyed her stories and songs, complimenting her on her talent. She had a clear, beautiful voice that was a joy to hear no matter if spoken or sang. Its soft and sometimes sultry tones helped to soothe or distract a person from their troubles while listening to her. Theme Song:
BarlowGirl – Never Alone