You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 10:25:24 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Slow Elliquiy.  (Read 485 times)

Offline SaerraelTopic starter

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Slow Elliquiy.
« on: October 18, 2011, 08:40:22 PM »
Yes, I know, another one of these. Sorry :s

Elliquiy loads quite slow for me and sometimes even times out.
I'm running Firefox, but tried Chrome, too, and it's the same deal. I could try Explorer, of course, but at the moment it looks like I can post.
I've just cleaned my cache (and everything else, while I was at it!) and I'm trying to determine if it could be my connection, the hamsters of Elliquiy not being fed enough or a Voodoo curse.
If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to hear if it's Elli itself and/ or if others are experiencing something simular. Preferably in the EU.

Thank you in advance!

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Slow Elliquiy.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:45:53 PM »
I'm not having that issue now but I was yesterday exactly as you described.  Then it went away.  And no, it wasn't Comcast. :P

• ~~~Seraph ; In love~~~ Do you like what you see? Let me entertain ya ítill you scream.
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Location: You don't know how you took it You just know what you got Oh Lordy you've been stealing from the thieves And you got caught
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:47:24 PM »
It seems to be smooth sailin' again, here. But it was quite odd. Elli acted if it was offline, but sites to check if a site is down or not declared Elli to be 'up'.

Sorry, I have no clue what Comcast is.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:47:58 PM »
If it's intermittent, its usually some line between your provider and E's host.

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
It's fine now again. Not certain where the closest host of E is, so I'm not certain if this would be the case, but it's plausible. USA sites in certain areas seem to be wobbly at certain times. Perhaps I should index which sites, because I can't recall which asides of E were.

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 09:56:14 PM »
Update;

Seems my IP is having problems.
Asides that, I seem to be needing a new router.
Any suggestions?

I might also look into a new IP. I have this beast of a PC and a crummy router and IP. >.>

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 03:36:08 AM »
It's been a long time since I've had to buy one. Linksys is apparently a bit better these days.

If someone's doing filesharing on your network, all you need to do to change your IP in most cases is change the mac address on your router.

• Champion
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
No, I mean the hardware isn't all too grand. ...asides that, I have no idea what you just said ^^;