1. Italian Renaissance: I don't have a solid plot for this, but perhaps something that gives insight to family rivalries, courtesans, assassins, the Silk Trade, and women's roles would be fun. I'm not sure what kind of exact plot for this. It's still in the thinking stage, but if you have any ideas feel free to tell me and we can bounce off each other.
2. Silk Road: I've been thinking about trading routes/connections between places in the past so I think it would be interesting to have a roleplay set on the Silk Road, from Italy to China. Perhaps two people meet up and then have a lot of comical and erotic adventures.
3. Christmas truce: Unlike most the other ideas here this one is strictly designed with mxm in mind (although it would be interesting to have, instead, two women dressed as men to fight in the war!). So two people meet in the trenches during the Christmas Truce (and some fudging of history is fine), and have an intimate affair. After the war they perhaps try to find one another. This is the fun part- changing society, the emotions of the Lost Generation, etc.
4. 1950s: A lonely bored housewife is taken under the wing of an older woman in her new neighborhood. Things happen.
1. Gendercide. This is highly influenced by the Ooku series by Fumi Yoshinaga, but instead in an alternate history it would preferably be set in a made up world. 1 in 4 men die due to some plague, and society is drastically changed. As for a plot, I would like perhaps start with a marriage between two families, and have a lot of politics and intrigue. Ideally this roleplay would have a lesbian slant. If you are interested, send me a PM.
2. Fantasy: I've been wanting a fantasy quest/chosen one type of roleplay for a while, where the band of heroes meet all sorts of interesting things along the way. I do not want this to be the standard vaguely Tolkien, vaguely European and vaguely Medieval type of thing though. I would rather go a scifi route and deconstruct gender/race/etc issues in this. (This doesn't mean this has to be a roleplay about critical race/feminist theory, but rather instead of a bunch of white people succeeding w/european setting, it's different or women being in charge is no big deal, etc.) I was thinking for this, perhaps a small band of heroes could go on a standard quest, only it turns out to be something larger than they had expected.
3. Dynastic Cycles and Usurpers: In a made up land there is the once prosperous country of NameToBeThoughtOfLater. A more powerful nation near by is slowly conquering it's way across the continent. Depending how this go, some sort of magical or biological downfall comes to one of NTBTOL's allies, which leaves it defenseless between the Conquering Nation. At the same time internal strife is rampant. Should the ruling family sacrifice itself and it's sovereignty for the nation's good? Or should all people rise up in arms to protect it's borders and refuse to absorb into this enemy? In the middle of all this chaos, civil war is threatening to spill, and the soldiers from Conquering Nation are coming ever nearer, when, in the dead of night, the entire royal family is slain/captured.
Ideally this will go on to feature a member of the royal family not dead (and depending what age) finds out that they are royal (it'd be fun if they were really a peasant/something and just used as a puppet) or if they are older when the calamity happens, then they find enough allies to take back their kingdom. So a rebellion plot. But what if the people don't want a return of the previous ruling family?
As for the focus, it could be on the missing royal and their protector/other people of the rebellion. It could also focus on the Conquering Nation's royal family, or maybe the common people and how they are functioning. Or it could focus on all of it.
4. Peace Marriage: Two countries have been warring for quite a while. It has been a long and brutal war, but finally both sides broke down to build a peace. To cement the peace the king of one country (played by me) and the daughter of the king in the other country are to marry. So, what happens next? How does a marriage work like that? Not to mention we can throw in other players. Perhaps the new Queen falls in love with the King's second hand man? Or some other sort of love shape forms.
5. For the good of the Kingdom: So, two people, the Crown Heir and someone else, are married. All is happy and joyful in the realm, until the Crown Heir slowly grows mad. The King and Queen and their advisers decide it is the best for the Crown Heir to be killed, and the crown skipped to the next generation. The focus of the roleplay begins right after the death of the Crown Heir, and the aftermath of the incident. The focus of this would deal on the spouse of the Crown Heir, perhaps King and Queen, or the new Crown Heir as well.
6. The end of the world as we know it. For this idea, I was thinking of a post apocalyptic, severely devastated population. Perhaps our main characters could be traveling in a lonely setting. Perhaps they are studying ruins that litter the plains or mountains and find Something Dreadful. Or slowly the uncover old technology that can help end a war.
1. Revolution in Neo-Victorian London: This is an idea I had a long time ago. It involves a revolutionary/anarchist underground group who are seeking to cause chaos/end the government for their own reasons. As for characters, I was thinking of using an anrachist-capitalist type ofcharacter, and then perhaps your character could be her co group manager or something? THey could be the leaders of the group, or perhaps just members or something.
2. Gothic Horror: I'm in the mood for a story in the vein of Gothic Horror (think Poe or The Monk). So monsters, hauntings, graveyards, etc. That would be very pleasant. Perhaps a young (wo)man is being haunted by a ghost, and is helped by a nun/monk but then many a twist and turns happen.
3. Time Travel: This isn't very thought out at all, but I've been wanting to play with someone from the future taken to the past, or vice versa. Or perhaps instead of the past, someone is taken to another world that is much like the Earth's past but different? Or vice versa again.
4. Final Fantasy XII: I've been replaying the game and I've been thinking about having a roleplay set in it. Only, instead of using characters of the series, of having a role play set in the past. Perhaps of King Raithwall's time? Or even before? Because whenever I play the game, I think, who built the cave palace? or the bridges in the salikawood? and things like that.
5. Apocalypse/Zombies: For this, I was thinking about focusing on the reconstruction after whatever apocalyptic moment happened. It doesnt have to be zombies, but could be anything really. This is just a very broad thing, that we can work out the details later.
6. Moulin Rouge: I watched this movie recently and now I've got an itch of a doomed romance between a courtesan and a poor artisan.