Old World of Darkness Game: The Isle of Avalon

Started by Sabriel, September 23, 2011, 07:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

I will run a few ideas past you after the weekend...I have a few.

How are you about Lupus? Though it will likely be a homid.

Sabriel

Well I am not totally against people playing Lupus but well I would say they will be more difficult to portray, they may not likely be as likely to be interest in the island for some reasons that homids might. Although there is a population of wolves there so that may interest them alone, but well obviously they have to travel there but well if there part of a pack that could work.  So long as they don't behave perfectly like a human or act in ways that seam unfitting for a wolf and more fitting of a dog  :-)

Senti

As i say I have a few idea's most are homid. Just wanted to work things out.

Muse

*Bids the wild west a fond farewell with a single tear, then smiles and looks over this interesting setting.* 

Okay, I'm game.  :) 

Are you looking at starting characters? 

Is anyone interested in any particular auspice? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sabriel

Well if people want to do this setting and themed thing then it will be a bit different :)

Obviously there will be the Garou side and the Vampire side, providing that we get the players of course.

The vampires creation may not not be entirely with everyone portraying starting characters, although that is an option. But well some of the examples I gave for roles that could be portrayed within the story would not fit that so id handle that a bit differently, although there would be more advantage to being a starting character in most cases and any extra stuff people may get would be quite offset by the drawbacks. It depends on what people wish to go with really, I will award  maybe some extra freebies for great concepts and such if it fits the story but well as I mention there will be drawbacks to such things.

Basically unless there is some great concept and such Vampires will be standard rules except with an extra 20 freebies, to represent the fact that they have likely been around a bit longer. Of course if someone wants to play a recently embraced they forgo this but there be some advantage for it in game. 

Garou will be created normally but receive an extra 20 freebies also to represent some previous experience, and I may consider awarding more renown beyond the starting but not in a silly way. Basically I may let you start at Rank 2 or be not far from it, but well that is it really.

grovercjuk

I have toying with a Child of Gaia Ahroun with the basic concept below. Of course the Staff is a figment or is it at the GM choice.

The old Garou studied John, the light of the fire making shadows dance over him. “You live in the past John and that is not a healthy place to live.” John resisted the urge to stand and pace, “It is the island I am sure of it, everything I have read indicate it.”

Silence fell and to John it seemed to go on forever before Max replied. “When your ancestor returned from the Holy Land as they called it carrying what he had acquired from the Knights Templar it is true that he took it to an island.” John interrupted, “This Island I am certain.”

Max held up his hand, “It may be but what is known is that he never returned from the island. He was a great warrior and he did not return does that not give you pause?” Max shook his head, You are needed here and now, not chasing a legend in a place of legend.” John nodded, “I hear that or a variant from my Father and the other Elders, the past is gone, we fight for Gaia now and every Ahroun is needed.”

Then in a wistful voice, “But what Child of Gaia would not like to hold the The Staff of the Tree and wield against the Wyrm?” In a stronger voice he continued, “And even if the Staff is not there then something is, look at all the legends of the island.”

Max sighed, “You are going not matter what I say are you not?” John did not answer but his answer was written across his face.

Sabriel

Oh this sounds wonderfully perfect for the story and it is a great concept so far, I do indeed like it and Child of Gaia Ahroun can be so much fun.

One idea I was going to offer to you if people did not want characters to know each other immediately is that you may have assembled as a pack for the task of visiting the Island, you may have all shared visions each may having a reason to go there and eventually being gathered together and sent there as a new pack.

I am fine however with if you want to have been a pack for sometime, but well its another option and suggestion for the Garou.

Miyu

Sabriel

Well I or someone else I am sure would be happy to help with a concept and character if need be Miyu, best thing I always find is to start with a simple thing and work on that. I find that doing that my idea's usually blossom and flesh out a lot easier rather than trying to think up a complex thing from the get go, the questions in the Werewolf book character creation bit can be good too just see what the imagination thinks up.

What types of characters do you usually like to play ?

And well what Breed, Tribe and Auspice interests you ?

Maybe think about the sort of role you would like to play in a pack too and well what sort of outlooks might be interesting to you, goals etc.

I will be happy to help anyway :)

Miyu

Well I am tired of  fighters I would love to play some sort of wise girl, a pack member that everybody goes to reveal stuff. Basically a Gandalf of the tribe. I was looking at the silent striders but I ain't sure, I haven't played this game in over five years lol

Sabriel

Gandalf the Garou now theres an interesting image  :P

You know thougth I think a lot of the tribes could fit a wise girl, although depending upon what your revealing the auspice could vary.  General wisdom and mystic stuff teaching wellbeing and such would probably be best as a Theurge, although a Galliard could work if it was more about lore and such, tales stories etc and a Philodox would work for advice and making decisions etc sort of a balanced voice or such perhaps.  I could see such a concept working in a way with a Ragabash to, where you may prose critic and question peoples ways, choices, paths etc and try to reveal things to them this way try to make the realize things by themselves in a cryptic fashion or such hehe .

I realize I have listed all but one of the auspices there but yeah my mind tends to spawn multiple ideas instead of just one  :-\

Silent striders could easily work although so I am sure could many of the other tribes, Uktena may be a good choice since they sort of have a tradition of that sort of thing. There actual tribal weakness would fit with it too since the love to discover secrets and such, hehe and I imagine if one of them so much as heard rumors about the Island they may find it hard to resist not discovering more about it.

Miyu

I guess I could do a Uktena Philodox? what do you think?

Sabriel

That could certainly work yes,  and well nobody has proposed a Philodox yet either :)

So your thinking someone who makes decisions, a balanced voice makes judgments and handles disputes perhaps ?

Maybe work that in with a role in life if the character is a homid, I could easily see a Philodox Uktena being a sort of truth seeker and always looking for the unexplained the hidden motives elaborate cover ups and such things.

Miyu

Quote from: Sabriel on October 01, 2011, 06:20:37 PM
That could certainly work yes,  and well nobody has proposed a Philodox yet either :)

So your thinking someone who makes decisions, a balanced voice makes judgments and handles disputes perhaps ?

Yea she stands on the sidelines and settle any disputes that comes up, she is not much of a fighter but she can be a important part of the pack. Yes I was also thinking homid.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/13310?message=true

this is what I have so far

Sabriel

Its looking good, although at present you are believe only 19 point freebie spent and in total with the extra 20 I given everyone that would make you 16 points under spent at present.

So yeah to clarify for everyone you get the standard 15 freebie points and an extra 20 so 35 total :)

Also it would be helpful although not necessary if you could note where you spend your freebies, I am pretty used to spotting and working it out myself regardless but it does make the job a little easier and quicker. And when I say note you can just put like that you spent 6 freebies in abilities, you don't have to list each expenditure well you don't "have" to list anything at all :P

Miyu

AndyZ

How does Influence work in your game?  Does it get divided into categories or does influence give you points in the entire political system?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Well, I'm working on where I want to place all those extra freebies.  If anyone wants to be a ghoul under my character, let me know.  I know TheHangedMan is stepping down.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Senti

I am thinking a raggie
or a theurge

but can turn my hand to most things.

Sabriel

In this game influence would be a bit restricted, and it will not cover everything you would have to specify your area of influence.  I probably won't allow characters to start with much if any influence although some areas of influence may be available at creation, it would make a lot more sense to gain it in play.  The one disadvantage for Kindred living on the Island is the fact that power and influence is limited, characters will have to gain, earn or struggle to rest influence from the other Kindred.

AndyZ

Sabriel

What sort of influence was it you wanted or where thinking of taking anyway ?

AndyZ

So far, here's what I'm looking at

Nicole Fontaine
Toreador
Demeanor: Bon Vivant
Strength 2
Charisma 4 (Graceful)
Appearance 4
Resources 4
Retainer 3
Status 2

Some of the better-known details for Nicole Fontaine are her establishments, a nightclub and a hotel.  The nightclub is called La Noir Doux-amère (The Bittersweet Night), a hangout spot for both Kindred and kine, with a second floor balcony area that overlooks most of the club.

The hotel (haven't named yet) is more standard, though smaller versions have cropped up all over the island.  Prominent features of the place include cheaper rooms without any windows, lacking a view of the island but also keeping out the sunlight.  Nicole has shown no qualms in the past with allowing Kindred to stay at her hotel for any length of time, and is quite alright with the less affluent Kindred using the place as a permanent residence.

Other rumors have circulated that she maintains a superlatively high Humanity rating, and struggles diligently against her Beast in the hopes of somehow vanquishing it.

Ratings are subject to change as I finalize my sheet.

Muse

I have some story still to flesh out on this guy, but I was inspired by my favorite wolf from the Wheel of Time.  He wanted to fly... 

Name:      Hopper
Auspice:   Theurge
Breed:      Lupus
Tribe:      Silver Fang

Strength      3
Dexterity      4   Blinding Speed
Stamina      3

Perception      3
Intelligence      2
Wits         3

Charisma      2
Manipulation      1
Appearance      3

TALENTS: 
Athletics      4   Leaping
Alertness      3
Brawl         4   Tooth and Claw
Dodge         1
Empathy      1
Expression      1
Intimidation      1
Primal Urge      3
Streetwise      0
Subterfuge      0

SKILLS: 
Animal Ken      0
*Crafts         0
*Drive         0
*Etiquette      0
*Firearms      0
Leadership      1
Melee         0
Performance      0
Stealth         1
Survival      3

Knowledge
*Computer      0
Enigmas      1
Investigation      1
*Law         0
*Linguistics      0
Medicine      1
Occult         3
*Politics      0
Rituals         3
*Science      0

Gnosis         6
Rage         4
Willpower      6

Gifts: 
Hare’s Leap
Heightened Senses
Luna’s Armor
Name the Spirit
Sense Wyrm
Spirit Speach

BACKGROUNDS: 
Ancestors   3
Pure Breed   3
Rites      5
Totem      3

Rite of Cleansing
Rite of Contrition
Rite of Talisman Dedication
Rite of Sumoning
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Senti

Cadavar and I are coming up with something together, likely cousins though act more like brother and sister. Fianna if thats ok?