You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 02:54:41 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Favorite Fruit, and Why?  (Read 3378 times)

Offline Hemingway

Re: Favorite Fruit, and Why?
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 07:23:45 PM »
If I were to name just one, I'd say nectarines. It's hard to get good ones where I live, but if you can get one that's just sweet and juicy, it's so delicious!

Offline TheAnimeFanGirl

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 10:53:43 PM »
I don't have one favorite, but I do like bananas, strawberries (usually chocolate-dipped), grapes and mandarin oranges (the kind in the little cups). I just love the way they taste. Most other fruit just doesn't appeal to my taste buds or won't go down right (as in they end up in clumps in my mouth that I can't swallow. I know, I'm weird like that).

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 11:15:03 PM »
Strawberries can go with so many things and be used in so many ways.  But peaches can be very versatile, also.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 04:35:31 AM »
I agree; Strawberries are very versatile...and they taste good too. :D Especially with cream or chocolate or something like that. :D
Yeah, I'm new here. Hiya guys :D

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 09:53:58 AM »
Welcome, Vergil Tanner, and good luck with your approval. :-)

Strawberries are fantastic in desserts or alone but I like them in salads and cooked dishes, too.  A chicken salad with spinach, sliced strawberries and thinly sliced shallots served with a warm bacon dressing is one of my favorites.  I'll toss some strawberries, blackberries and blueberries into the pan with braised meat and add a little broth or wine for a sauce.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »
Oh, I prefer strawberries on their own...although having them alongside some cooked food is very nice. I once bought a pack of strawberries, and they were- no jokes- as big as my fist. I picked one up and thought "Jesus, have I picked up The Strawberry Triffid?" So I ate it before it could eat me. :D

• Dame
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 11:57:18 AM »
Those sound luscious.  I needed a dish for a bridal shower once and found some strawberries the size of golf balls.  After hulling them and using the small end of a melon baller to open the center I stuffed them with a peach flavored cream cheese and dipped them in dark chocolate.  One of those goes a loooooong way.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
Lol, I can imagine! Have you ever tried hollowing out some large strawberries, filling them with a red or white wine of your choice before reattaching the bottom (using a layer of fast-dry chocolate sauce)? :O :O :O They are luscious!

Offline Izzie Aditi

• | Pretty eyed, pirate smile| The girl with the short skirt and the long jacket| Sapiosexual|
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Great minds think alike,dirty minds think together
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 01:44:37 PM »
Raspberries...blueberries (especially when freshly picked omnomnomnom)..I can't decide!

Offline NotoriusBEN

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 08:51:06 PM »
Peaches and strawberries are my favs. It takes a while, but with berries I like to put them in the freezer until they are hard then thaw them out. The cell walls get damaged from the freezing so they sag and drip juice everywhere but it seems like I get a super concentrated burst of flavor when I eat them that way over completely fresh. A nice windfall peach is the best though. :P

Online Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
I can only eat peaches if I cut them up and spear them with a toothpick or fork. I don't want the juice on my face or hands. I just don't like the way it feels. It makes me shudder. So I spend a lot of time cutting them into the perfect size so that no juice touches anything but the inside of my mouth.

Offline Vergil Tanner

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 03:20:32 AM »
XD I just eat everything whole. Can't get any juice on your hands then, can you? XD

Offline Medeira

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
Grapes. Oh, I love grapes. They are by far my favorite fruit, I can just pick a small bundle from the bunch and snack on them. Green, red, black...but the sweeter the better.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 05:22:42 PM »
Medeira - I like to toss a bunch in the freezer and use it as a quick dessert/snack.  Like tiny individually wrapped slushies :-)

Offline Medeira

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2011, 05:29:17 PM »
Oniya - ...I've never thought of that.  :o What a great idea! Hehe, I'll now have to use that in the future.  ;D

Offline Type70item

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:59 PM »
Red Raspberries, but they're very expensive where I live so its only a once a month or so treat

Offline Andalon

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »
Simple as is, grapes.

Not just because I make my living from them, but also because they're yummy and healthy, especially the red ones. During harvest, I gain about 2kg weight, just from nomming grapes.

Otherwise, strawberries and cherries are also very good. Oh, and did I mention apples?

Offline Caeli

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »
I've never met a fruit that I didn't like.

I LOVE lychees and longans (lit. dragon's eyes)! They're so sweet and delicious and juicy, not too sweet and so satisfying as you rip off their exteriors to get to the fleshy insides.

I'm also partial to starfruit, strawberries, peaches, plums, apricots, Korean pears.

If you asked me to pick only one, though, I couldn't. :P My only answer would be FRUIT.

Offline Fairehawke

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »
Cuties, the small navel oranges, or I guess they are tangerines. They are super sweet, perfect snack size and the whole peel comes off. Yes I love cuties.

Offline ambrosial

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2011, 12:14:11 AM »
Oh, this is a hard question. I'm friends with so many fruits!

To name my favorites: strawberries, kiwi (especially with a dash of salt!), and any sort of berry.

Basically, anything that is not honeydew melon or a citrus (except lemons. I'll eat a raw lemon. <,< But the rest of you can have all of the oranges and their assorted friends to yourselves!)

Offline Heartland

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2011, 12:37:37 AM »
I would have to say plump blueberries because they are full of flavour and go with pretty much anything! I also like bite sized fruits as an alternative to things like chips.  O8)

Offline grdell

« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2011, 08:58:31 PM »
Pineapple. Because fresh pineapple is just plain awesome.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »
Pineapples are one of the fruits that I do enjoy eating in savory dishes. I love me some pineapple fried rice.

Offline Story Tale

• Anoesis Addict
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • Shame is the lie someone told you about yourself.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Mmm, pineapples might be one of my favorite fruits to cook with. A nice, ripe avocado is also delicious in almost anything fresh... salad, sandwiches, by itself. I love any berry I have ever met, and most melons... mmm.. now I want some fruit salad. Are we talking about only fruit fruits here, or can I add in squash, tomatoes, and cucumbers? I could eat squash almost anyway you can cook it. Grilled, sauteed, stewed, fried.

Alright, now I'm hungry... *runs off to make breakfast, wishing I had some acorn squash and sausage*

Offline Caeli

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2011, 07:37:52 AM »
Mm. Avocado. Even if it costs more, I usually get it added into whatever food I'm at (dining halls on campus, when I was forced to live off their food; or at places like Chipotle).

And home-made guac?

* Caeli salivates. ♥