You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 07:59:40 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Sharn, City of Towers (Eberron 3.5 Edition PBEM Game)  (Read 1114 times)

Offline bkroseTopic starter

Sharn, City of Towers (Eberron 3.5 Edition PBEM Game)
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
I have recently started a 6th level game in Eberron, centered in Sharn, the City of Towers.  We had a couple players just sort of vanish, and I'm looking for some new players to join.  I'm very flexible as far as race, class, etc... but Power Gamers will be disappointed.  I'm searching for excellent writers who don't need a Munchkin to be happy with their character.  We are just getting started so if you hurry, you won't miss a thing.

Character Generation:
6th level (with any class modifications by race)
36 Point Buy
9,000gp for equipment (If your PC has Item Creation Feats, you can make your own magic or psionic items at cost, provided they are within the abilities of the character's level)

The game will be very heavy on the Role Play, and very light on the Roll Play, meaning we will be Role Playing a lot more than drawing swords and bashing things.

Basically, it's an Eberron Campaign with a sort of Steampunk (mage-punk) element mixed in... Very gritty, lots of corruption, political intrigue, crime and generous amounts of gratuitous sex and violence.

Offline Aurora Wayland

• Bitch be trippin' balls!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • And when the truth dawns, It dawns in fire!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Sharn, City of Towers (Eberron 3.5 Edition PBEM Game)
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
Count me interested. I'll try to think up a character. :)

Offline Altair1983

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 08:07:42 PM »
I would hope you would be alright with me joining it seems some of the rps i was interested in have tappered off and i know have the time to dedicate to this game so I hope it would not be a problem me signing up for this go around?

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:51:29 PM »
Aurora Wayland - By all means.  Come up with something and get it to me ASAP.

Altair1983 - Also, by all means.  Let me see what you have in mind.

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:47:09 AM »
For any who are familiar with Eberron, I could use a character with an Aberrant Dragonmark, preferably something like Produce Flame or Chill Touch.

Also, I would be willing to allow a bonus feat for 'Sexual Training' so the character would have some talent in that area.  I'll leave the rest up to you as to how those skills were gained.

Offline Altair1983

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
Sorry I was almost finished then my computer decided to eat all my work I should be done soon just one quick question would you allow the human paragon levels from unearthed arcana?

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:04:33 PM »
Yes, that's fine.  What other class (classes) are you taking?

Offline Altair1983

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:21:36 PM »
Bard

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »
Great.  OK, looking forward to seeing what you have in mind.  If you can get me a general background and some persona details, I can try to get you into the current scene where the PC's are meeting one another and their new employer.

Here's the Yahoo Group.
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/SharnCityOfTowers/

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »
I have a shifter wilder who works the high steel in Sharn, Black Rose.  When do you play? 

Offline Aurora Wayland

• Bitch be trippin' balls!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • And when the truth dawns, It dawns in fire!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 07:54:33 AM »
I'll be playing a Halfling thief. Once I get the character sheet up I'll post it here.

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:05 AM »
Muse and Aurora

I am making the final selection of PC's this week, so I'll need a character background, character sheet, and any other information you want to get me before the end of tomorrow.  While I can't promise a spot in the game, if your writing is demonstrated to be exceptional, I will probably allow for more characters.

I am hoping for at least 1 post per day, more if possible.  Weekends are optional, but encouraged.
We are playing via Yahoo Groups mostly by email since that's easiest.  Here is the link.
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/SharnCityOfTowers/

Online PaleEnchantress

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 09:59:56 PM »
City of Towers has the coolest D&D creature ever, the Radiant Idol.  To bad their power is totally out of league with the alloted stats.

I may be interested if there is someone to do MxM action with.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2011, 09:17:02 PM »
Wow... how could I turn down such enthusiasm and experience?

I would love to have you join the game.  Contact me via email, and we can start getting your character together.

pbem_rpg@optonline.net

Offline Genbu83

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 02:59:03 AM »
Ebberon is my favorite non homebrew campaign. Hopefully you're finding what you need players wise.

Kudos for running it.

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »
Well, I have a veteran or two, and a newbie or two.  So fat things are working out really well.  The game has been kicked off and posting has been nominal but very good quality thus far.  We're about to get started on the first real adventure, and the sex scenes up to this point have been terrific fun.  I can expect lots more.  :)

Rhev - I haven't head back from you, so if you are still interested, please get in touch with me soon so I can plan how to bring your PC into the game.

Offline Genbu83

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 03:02:01 PM »
how's this game fairing?

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
Quite well.  I have 6 active players, and posting, while sporadic, is still better than most.

Offline Genbu83

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
Outstanding, I'm thinking of rolling an artificer that plans on going wand master.  As a a back up.

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 11:21:07 AM »
Well, that game is as full as I want it to be, but I am thinking of ending another game that's dying anyway, and starting a new one.  It will be a lower level, but an Artificer would certainly fit well.  If you're interested, I'll create a new thread and see who bites.  :)

Offline Genbu83

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 11:26:14 AM »
I'll keep it in mind. I'm very interested, but I'm going to be leavign for quite a while come november. i'm actually preparing my game I'm running for a friend to take over.

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
How long will you be gone?

I'm thinking of having the game setting within Morgrave University, where the PC's are students, so it would be easy for me to leave someone out for a time while they are involved with some study or another that takes them away.

just a thought.  I haven't carved anything in stone yet.