You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 01:34:16 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: curiosity about roleplay  (Read 305 times)

Offline badsamTopic starter

curiosity about roleplay
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:08:25 AM »
This is my first post as a member of the community so I wish to start greeting all :)
During my approval path, a really interesting question was posted for me (I don't specify the name here because I don't know if he will be ok with that ) ... and I would like to know what you think about this topic.

his is a quote I really like, a lot: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – How would you like to make people feel?

Well.. my answer was:

I think that the sentence you quoted is very interesting, and very deep.
The first answer is surely that I want them to feel good, I want them to feel better after that they encountered me than before.
But as almost always, the first answer isn't complete;) I think that the main topic is how does a person want to feel, what he/she is interested in, what he/she is looking for. and that is what I want, I want them to enjoy the chat or the role play session, but for this to come true, it is important for me to understand them.
In the end I think that the important for me is to make other feel understood. Yes, understood here is for me the key-word.
I'm really interested in other opinion, but I don't think this is the right place, correct me if I' m wrong.

What do you think about that?

PS: If this is not the correct place to post this kind of things, I apologize

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: curiosity about roleplay
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »
That's actually a very admirable way to want to make someone feel.  It goes beyond any of the standard 'feelings', because it takes active listening - which is a talent that not everyone takes the time to use.

Offline badsamTopic starter

Re: curiosity about roleplay
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:44:20 AM »
Well... to be honest It is really hard.... and not always I feel like I hit the right target... but at least that is the target :)
I'm very curious about what other want the partner to feels like ;)