You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 12:34:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Not sure if this is the right place for this but...  (Read 498 times)

Offline ElizabethRayneTopic starter

• Sleep sugar let your dreams flood in....
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • Non ambuletis abesse, dum mundus ardens ...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Not sure if this is the right place for this but...
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:24:14 PM »
Why do people care about the person behind the character. Why does it matter if I am male or female? Why does it matter if I'm fat or thin? Tall or Short? Red head or a Brunette? Gay or straight?

I'm playing a character in the end that all that should matter.

I was browsing someones profile earlier and their profile meshed with mine very well. But as I moved down their list of likes and dislikes. I saw that they disliked Over Weight Partners.

So the thought struck me. Why does it matter if the person behind the character is one way or another if the character they are playing suites your style?

I know everyone in the world is not so open minded as me and perhaps that's why we have to give such information on here to join. But I suppose I find it silly. 

I suppose that's the end of my rant. If this is in the wrong place or it should be removed please do so.

-Elizabeth Rayne

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Not sure if this is the right place for this but...
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:32:59 PM »
The term 'Partners' in the checklist O/O's doesn't refer to the person behind the keyboard.  It is a way to designate the other person's characters, where 'Characters' is used to designate one's own characters.  Hope this clears things up.  :-)

Offline ElizabethRayneTopic starter

• Sleep sugar let your dreams flood in....
  • Dame
  • Seducer
  • Non ambuletis abesse, dum mundus ardens ...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
The term 'Partners' in the checklist O/O's doesn't refer to the person behind the keyboard.  It is a way to designate the other person's characters, where 'Characters' is used to designate one's own characters.  Hope this clears things up.  :-)

Oh well that clears it up then and makes my rant useless.

-Elizabeth Rayne

Offline Silverfyre

• Mr. Fyre, or if you're slightly more daring, oh Silver my Silver.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Once more, with gusto.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:01 PM »
It's hardly useless when it raises a valid point regarding OOC/IC boundaries and how some people can't see beyond the gender tag, or someone's sexuality.  Such topics are usually discussed in the "On Topic" section if you are interested in pursuing such a discussion.  :-)

Offline Shjade

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 05:20:00 AM »
I have to admit, larger character-differs-from-typist discussion aside, the whole "characters" versus "partners" thing threw me for a while in setting up the preferences here. The distinction it's making is less than immediately apparent with that phrasing. Then again, when there are options for setting things like "Overweight partners," you sorta have to assume it means partner-characters since, well, I mean, unless you're trading pictures, how are you going to know your partner's typist's weight?