Elliquiy no longer refreshes in Firefox

Started by Haibane, August 20, 2011, 11:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

For about the last 3 or 4 days, I can't refresh E.

The status panel at the bottom of the browser says its either waiting for google analytics or twitter or one of those other little bits of clutter.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm using Firefox 6.0. Thanks.

Beguile's Mistress

I'm using the same version of FireFox and refresh is working for me with no messages at the bottom of my screen.  I also have my gmail open and a Google account.

Haibane

I just wiped all E's cookies and its not helped. I get a permanent green circle 'page loading' animation for any page I go to on E, even ones that link from within E such as people's user profiles or O/Os.

It would seem its to do with my browser but I'm clueless as to what to do to fix it.

Right now the task that's not completing is "read flattr"... and flattr has been the 'culprit' for a couple of days now. Usually though its google analytics *sigh*

Trieste

Have you tried clearing the browser cache? Sometimes that clears up the lag for me.

Miyu

Works fine for me I am using firefox at the moment and I can refresh it fine.

Vandren

Works fine for me, but I'm using FF 3.6.20 for Windows, with minimal add-ons
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Haibane

I'm sure it works fine for lots of people! But not for me, hence my asking for help!

I'll try clearing the cache though I hate doing that as it kills so much other useful stuff :(

EDIT: Clearing the cache seems to have had no effect. The browser is now waiting for "ssl.gstatic.com" whatever that is. No other sites do this, only E :( :(

Nessy

Quote from: Haibane on August 20, 2011, 04:53:33 PM
I'm sure it works fine for lots of people! But not for me, hence my asking for help!

I'll try clearing the cache though I hate doing that as it kills so much other useful stuff :(

EDIT: Clearing the cache seems to have had no effect. The browser is now waiting for "ssl.gstatic.com" whatever that is. No other sites do this, only E :( :(

Have you tried disabling all add-ons and trying the site then? One of those might be the culprit.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Haibane

Sheesh... I see Firefox has undergone a huge face lift with version 6. I can't even find what add-ons I have installed...

Anyone guide me as to where I can see exactly what add-ons are in use? The tools/add-ons button only seems to give a global view of all add-ons with useless stuff like "recommended for you" etc.

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nessy

Quote from: Haibane on August 20, 2011, 06:28:26 PM
Sheesh... I see Firefox has undergone a huge face lift with version 6. I can't even find what add-ons I have installed...

Anyone guide me as to where I can see exactly what add-ons are in use? The tools/add-ons button only seems to give a global view of all add-ons with useless stuff like "recommended for you" etc.

You shouldn't have to actually uninstall them. IE  calls it a "No Add-Ons" launch. Firefox I believe calls it a "Safe Mode".

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode

If you don't experience the problem while in safemode, then you can start troubleshooting to see which add-on is causing the issue.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Haibane

Thanks to you both. I'll spend tomorrow fiddling about.

Haibane

It seems that clearing the cache has fixed it. It needed a reboot as well which is why I didn't notice any difference the first time.

Thank you everybody for your kind help!