You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 02:23:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: SR4 Question to the folks who play it (more than me)  (Read 366 times)

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

SR4 Question to the folks who play it (more than me)
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
Is it possible to build up a Technomancer who is a rigger? Cause I think it could be soooo cool to look at a car and 'think' about stealing it and have it start up and drive on over. :D

Offline AllieCat

Re: SR4 Question to the folks who play it (more than me)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:26:52 AM »
Um.. you COULD, but you'd be splitting money (cyberware, etcetera) and skill points(compiling and driving) versus stuff.. and remember, the stuff has to be online for you to Techromance in (my word for what the Otaku 2.0 do :P) and start it up. Any car worth stealing probably has a good anti-theft program, etcetera

Edit: Now that I think about it, most of the stuff is "dead metal" except for the anti-theft stuff when shut off. Means you can't get in until something (like a key or an access code) has "woken it up"
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:27:55 AM by AllieCat »

Offline Callie Del NoireTopic starter

Re: SR4 Question to the folks who play it (more than me)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 12:39:44 AM »
Um.. you COULD, but you'd be splitting money (cyberware, etcetera) and skill points(compiling and driving) versus stuff.. and remember, the stuff has to be online for you to Techromance in (my word for what the Otaku 2.0 do :P) and start it up. Any car worth stealing probably has a good anti-theft program, etcetera

Edit: Now that I think about it, most of the stuff is "dead metal" except for the anti-theft stuff when shut off. Means you can't get in until something (like a key or an access code) has "woken it up"

Really? I didn't think you needed cyber since you can in theory 'rig' with a commlink. I thought you could use the technomancer living persona talents to do most of what a rigger does with programs.