My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Group Game)

Started by Empyrean, August 10, 2011, 10:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empyrean

Hey all.

I saw that there seemed to be some interest in this show, and personally, having only seen a scattering of episodes, I rather like it myself. So I figured I'd throw this out there.

I'm thinking the setting would be a small town called Maneflow, set in a meadow overlooking cliffs and waterfalls to its' east and a long series of hills, lakes, and valleys that leads down to a forest on the west. The idea is that, after the events in the premiere, the newly-restored Princess Luna was sent to the rural countryside by her sister to readjust after a thousand years trapped in the moon. She was given some guards and staff whom Celestia hopes will become her friends and help her get settled in.

The catch? The dark energies of Night Mare Moon haven't completely disappeared with Luna's cleansing. They're searching for a new host body. Having followed their former host to her new home, they've been hovering around the area, stirring up all manner of hostile beasts, rumors of dark spirits, and strange omens that have the locals on edge. So will Luna and her guards be able to settle into Maneflow, forge bonds of trust and friendship, and survive whatever nastiness the dark powers can dish out?

Now open for all positions, including Luna herself. The only one I reserve is Princess Celestia for when plot needs to be moved along. :)   

pendarious

I suppose I'll join just for the hell of it. i'll play one of luna's staff officers
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Kunoichi

Empyrean

Great! :)

Here's a character sheet for those interested.

Name:
Type of Pony (Earth Pony, Pegasi, Unicorn):
Cutie Mark (if any):
Appearance:
History:
Personality:

HopeFox

I'm definitely interested! I'm thinking I might play one of the Maneflow townsponies rather than one of Luna's retainers. Perhaps some manner of woodspony, given the terrain. I will come up with a sheet soon!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

pendarious

Name: Luminescent Dusk
Type of Pony: Unicorn
Cutie Mark: a sun half hidden by clouds
Appearance: a light blue colored pony with flecks of red and purple decorating her coat, a flowing silvery mane with streaks of dark blue, charming amber colored eyes, she wears a black cape, and a black fedora with a red feather sticking out of it.

History: A Young unicorn pony who has studied magic most of her life. she is quite talented in the mystic arts and has hopes of one day being the Arch Mage under Princess Celestia. Due to her talents with magic she has been studying under the current arch mage. Due to her position as the arch mages pupil and her lack of social interactions outside of the Arch mage, Princess Celestia, and the guards around the palace at canterlot she has been selected to be one of Princess Luna's retainers on this journey to readjust the princess to pony society.

Personality: a rather shy, soft spoken, reclusive unicorn pony with few social skills. She may have confidence in her abilities but knows her limits and hates to brag about her powers believing that braggarts are destined to fail. She doesn't understand why she has been sent on this mission but is determined to prove herself worthy to return to her teachers side. While she can at times come across as rude, sarcastic, and lazy she is really a kind and gentile soul looking for friends she's just not very good at dealing with social interactions.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Oracian

Wow, seek and you shall find. I just joined this site for a completely different reason than this sort of a game. (I was looking for Sci Fi originally.) But as chance would have it, my character is a male pegasus named Dark Note, and I've just spent the last two weeks banging out a conflict resolution system, with character advancement and 'Pony Points'. I am trying to make a game that my wife will enjoy playing, and that I can use to teach my daughter basic math skills with. I would love to be a part of this game, though I confess that ALL of my RP experience is face to face, dice rolling in my living room kind of a thing, and I've never done it on line before. If you'll forgive my inexperience, I'll figure out Dark Note's other traits, and if anyone's interested in the rules I've started, I'd love some feedback, and maybe some help with the system. Also, though there's no show precedent for this, my friend suggested that Male Equestrians have 'Courage Marks' not 'Cutie Marks'. Thanks!

-Oracian
Not making a decision is a huge decision.

Kunoichi

Name: Sun Shower
Type of Pony: Pegasus
Cutie Mark: A raincloud with raindrops falling from it
Appearance: A white-coated pony with a dark gray-blue mane and tail, with light grey-blue streaks running through it and amber-colored eyes.
History: Sun Shower was born and raised in Cloudsdale, the grand pegasus city located high amidst the clouds.  She's lived in Maneflow for several years now, however, ever since she completed her training in flight and weather manipulation.  Now, as Maneflow's friendly neighborhood weather-pegasus, she helps keep the weather on-schedule and the seasons on track.
Personality: Less in keeping with her name and more in keeping with her cutie mark, Sun Shower possesses a quieter, more subdued personality than the average pegasus, with a deep interest in and love for weather phenomena of all kinds.

HopeFox

Name: Timber Crash
Type of Pony (Earth Pony, Pegasi, Unicorn): Earth Pony
Cutie Mark (if any): A falling tree
Appearance: Timber Crash is a large, young adult earth pony stallion, with a light brown coat and leaf-green mane.
History: Timber Crash is a Maneflow earth pony born and bred from a long line of Maneflow earth ponies. His family lived in a house in one of the valleys to the west of Maneflow, as they were both animal workers. As a young colt, Timber enjoyed wandering in the forest for hours on end, exploring the secret paths and hidden glens, and learning about all the plants he found. He earned his cutie mark when an out-of-control windstorm threatened to blow a dead tree onto his best friend's house, but he managed to turn it aside with a lot of effort and a lot of rope. Since then, he has worked as Maneflow's resident woodspony, searching the forest for dead and dying trees, pulling them down and dragging them back to Maneflow for lumber. He also organises Maneflow's Running of the Leaves.
Personality: Timber's large frame belies his flighty personality. When he's not hauling around dead trees, he's usually frolicking in the woods, finding new flowers and new places to play. He finds such fascination in the woods that he always loves bringing new friends to see his favourite places. He does tend to ramble about his hobbies, but usually remembers to let his friends do the same about theirs.

Oracian

Name: Dark Note
Type of Pony (Earth Pony, Pegasi, Unicorn): Pegasus
Cutie Mark (if any): A half mask and a rose.
Appearance: Dark Note is a strong male pegasus with a deep black coat, grey mane and tail, and keen silver eyes.
History: Dark Note is from the distant coastal trade city of Mule Orleans. He is the youngest of a long line of Notes, who have been performing on stage in Mule Orleans for many years. Recently, his father went missing.  Leaving his uncle in charge of the theatre, Dark Note's search for his father has lead him to the town of Maneflow, where he plans to stop off for some provisions and a long bath.
Personality: Dark Note is a braggart and a charmer with an occasional hint of that distinctive Mule Orleans accent. He loves being the center of attention, and if his charms can't get him out of a scrap, or if a Lady's honour is threatened, he will happily resort to a physical resolution with all the enthusiasm of a true Cavalier.

Empyrean

So far these characters are looking great! :) Now we need someone for Luna.

Empyrean

Since we don't seem to have any takers, I guess I'll play Luna. And I hope to get us started by the weekend. :)

Oracian

Ahhh... My portrait is complete. Many thanks to my friend Glorious Dawn for the impressively accurate depiction. I do have a slight case of red eye, but that happens some times. Also, I usually have a bright red cape, however <deep breath> Those insufferable donkeys have stolen my cape!! <exhale> Until my path should cross with those jackasses, I shall go barebacked. No cape other than my own will suffice.

Looking forward to actual play.   -Oracian

Empyrean

HopeFox

Hooray! Game on!

What time of year is it? We have a lumberpony and a weather pegasus who may need to know these things!

Should we keep using this thread for OOC questions and discussion, or will you be making a new thread in the "Non-Adult Roleplays" forum for OOC stuff?

Thank you so much for running this! I am very excite.

Empyrean

I'd say it's the middle of spring. :) And I'll open an OOC thread there.

FazzEagle

Heya, I'm just wondering if you're still accepting roleplayers?

Empyrean

FazzEagle

Cool! :) This is my Pony FC:

Name: Heavy Hoof
Type of Pony: Earth Pony
Cutie Mark (if any): Horse Shoe - Symbolizes 'physical strength'.
Appearance: Heavy Hoof is a strong pony, and it really shows from his big, strong chest that he normally sticks out. His mane and tail are short compared to most ponies, and are slightly uncombed - though not messy either. His eyes always appear calm and he always has a little cocky smile on his face. His cutie mark is an iron horse shoe, and it symbolizes his physical prowess. He is also notably good-looking - a trait he normally uses to flirt any ponies he's interested in.
History: Heavy Hoof was a classmate of Big Macintosh when they were attending school together, and unlike Big Macintosh who was last in class to find his Cutie Mark, Heavy Hoof was the first in his class to find his. It all started when he and Big Macintosh met in kindergarten: at that time, Heavy Hoof was chubby and unpopular and everyone made fun of him for his weight - everyone except Big Macintosh, who one day found Heavy Hoof sitting alone and shared some apples with him. Since they, they have become the best of friends. However, one day some older bullies came in to pick on Hoof and Big Mac and they were planning to take Big Mac's apple lunch. Angered that his best friend was being bullied in front of him, Heavy Hoof went into rage and used his apparently strong strength to beat them up on his own. It was after he used his gifted strength to save his friend that he gained his Cutie Mark. From that day onwards, Heavy Hoof became more confident with himself, losing tons of weight in return for muscle mass and gaining popularity among his peers. Years later, however, Heavy Hoof had to leave Ponyville since his parents were moving away, but the two remain in contact with each other through letters.
Personality: Heavy Hoof calls himself the "Manliest Brony of all of Equestria", and he is not shy to show off his strength - especially to females, and he constantly believes that all female ponies desire him than anything else in the world. He gets a lot of popularity from impressing ponies with his strength however, but it spells otherwise for those who happen to know him as the arrogant, show-off, self-obsessed and too-proud pony he always tends to be. He is, however, a hard worker when it comes to physical labor and will not shy away from helping out his friends or those much smaller than him - though only when they really need it; when it comes to other work where it requires him to think, however, he would prove to be a liability instead of an asset. He's also pretty secretive about his weaknesses such as his inability to swim or do complicated mathematics, but he is most especially secretive about his secret hobby: writing romantic poetry! Albeit terrible ones...

Oh and just an extra note: his voice would be Patrick Warburton's!

Empyrean

I'm not entirely opposed to the character, but I would like to see how he would fit into our current setting. How did he come to be in Maneflow at the time of Luna's arrival, for example? Does he have any connections with the town or the nearby area, or is he a complete outsider. Things like that.

Mac84

Wow, I can see a lot of potential with this RP. Aside from Luna having to acclimate to modern times, but her also having to actually interact with other ponies. Something she appeared very uneasy about in the second episode of the series.

Add to that is how the other ponies would act around and treat her. Since she was Nightmare Moon. Would they still be accepting of her without her Sister Celestia around? Would they be suspicious? How do her Guards act giving her past history?

As for a pony, Hmm. Just an Idea.

Name: No Mark

Type of Pony: Earth Pony (male)

Cutie Mark: None

Appearance: Slightly larger than the Average pony. His has a dark brown coat. His Mane and Tail are a lighter brown color. His mane and tail are long from not having it trimmed. The tail often dragging the ground. Clear eyes. His Flank devoid of a Cutie mark.

History: No Mark's origin is unknown as he simply wandered into the Town many years ago as a young Colt and stuck around. Not knowing his name. The Towns folk started calling him "No Mark" and the name stuck. Not having his Cutie mark at his age. He is looked upon like a stray that no one has the heart to shoo away. He make a living doing odd jobs around the town and countryside. 

Personality: While No Mark isn't stupid, he is not very smart either. He sits right about the middle intellectually. Fairly Laid back. Having a Blank flank doesn't bother him in the least. He often is willing to go out of his way to help others. He is often found beneath a shade tree listening to music or down by the river to try and keep cool if it's hot out. Lives in a small hut at the edge of town. Very quiet, When he speaks it is usually blunt and too the point.

Is this acceptable? 

FazzEagle

Well, I was thinking that Maneflow is where Heavy Hoof is currently staying at as his bio stated that he moved out of Ponyville by the time the story started. Hoof would be one of the residents of Maneflow by then where he helps out the various ponies living there with many physical labor and making a name for himself as the 'strongest pony around' lol

Empyrean

Fazz: Okay. Accepted.

Mac: Sounds interesting. I approve. :)

Mac84

Thank you for the Approval Empyrean.

Now it remains to be seen if No Mark can flow with the story.

FazzEagle