You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 06:32:27 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Emberverse Intrest check  (Read 597 times)

Offline BelisuaviousTopic starter

Emberverse Intrest check
« on: August 06, 2011, 11:57:30 PM »
Alright, I am a big fan of SM Stirlings "Emberverse" Series, and I was wondering if there was anyone who wanted to have an RP set in this universe?

I have a few plot/ideas kicking around in my head, so here they are:

#1: This one is set outside the timeframe of the books, about a hundred years or so after Montivals founding. Our little group of mercenaries has found employment as caravan guards for one of the bigger caravan companies, giving them the chance to crisscross the continent and see the various cultures that have sprung up.
This is the most vague, mostly because the series still has three or so books left in it, and concrete details are difficult to pin down, though assumptions can be made.

#2: This is set in the original trilogy during the Protector's War, fought between the PPA on one side, and The Bearkillers, The Mackenzies, Mount Angel and Corvallis on the other. The exact setting will be between years 5 and 8 after the change. This is because the books don't delve into these years, picking up at Change year 8. The details that can be gained are the constant border skirmeshes and political strikes to gain Corvallis as an ally, or at least to keep them neutral. This would be a combat focused RP.

3: Slight variation on #2, play as any of the Montival nations as they are invaded by Boise and Corwin. There are a few key details given in the text, but other than an important battle or event like alliances, it is largely silent, giving the players a blank(ish) canvas to fight and scheme upon.

I'll add to the list as the idea's come, but one thing I will note is that I intend for this to be freeform, perhaps with some rolling for pvp to decide conflicts, but the details of that would be up for discussion and debate. The reason for the freeform is that the only system I am familiar with is the now out of date Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, though if by some freak accident, everyone has that then I would be up for using those rules.

Offline OldSchoolGamer

Re: Emberverse Intrest check
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:43:34 AM »
I thought the books were fascinating...definitely very innovative science fiction. I'd be more interested in a story line that began just before the Change, and played out survival in the days and weeks following it.